Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark dark times ahead, 'End days' if you will, failing to finish in the top 4 (with the FFP coming into place) would be disastrous.

True we really need the money now. we only have ourselves to blame for not acting quicker and sorting out the problems.

I think it began with the firing of Carlo and the delay in getting a new manager in place. By the time AVB got here, the transfer window was entering the silly phase and there wasn't enough time to find buyers for the players who needed to be shipped out and find replacements.

I think it began with the firing of Carlo and the delay in getting a new manager in place. By the time AVB got here, the transfer window was entering the silly phase and there wasn't enough time to find buyers for the players who needed to be shipped out and find replacements.

Remember the player has to agree to the move though or it wont happen. Malouda refused to leave on the last day of the window and the same with Anelka....

Remember the player has to agree to the move though or it wont happen. Malouda refused to leave on the last day of the window and the same with Anelka....

That too. Like I've said before there is a sense the inmates are running the asylum at times.

Best way to convince some people to leave is to tell them they have no future at the club and they will not get game time.

But the problem is our stupid board gave these 2 players that we are now trying to get rid of(malouda and Anelka) scandalous contracts and they are aware they wont earn anywhere near that money elsewhere. As a result they will sit tight and see out thier contracts, in the process costing us £200k a week....lovely

Best way to convince some people to leave is to tell them they have no future at the club and they will not get game time.

Or.. alternatively, offer an ivornian fringe player (who of which has only started 2 games this season) a new 90,000 a week contract.

:doh:

http://www.telegraph...ord-Bridge.html

Worth a read. Get behind the manager

Aye, very good article.

The most important part

The hard thing will be keeping the players — and more importantly the owner and those around him — convinced that his way is the right way if results take a sustained dip.

If he can nurse the team through its metamorphosis there is no limit to how good they could become.

But the problem is our stupid board gave these 2 players that we are now trying to get rid of(malouda and Anelka) scandalous contracts and they are aware they wont earn anywhere near that money elsewhere. As a result they will sit tight and see out thier contracts, in the process costing us £200k a week....lovely

Yes, well it's a reason why Chelsea are in the bind they are in now. Ferguson would have gotten rid of certain "legends" for some cash before they got too decrepit for other clubs to buy.

AVB can sit them and make clear they won't play. The problem is the pressure he gets from above. I've read that Abramovich told AVB to treat the old guard better recently. Any validity to this rumor? I can't think of a worse thing to tell AVB. If anything RA should be conspiring with AVB on how to get rid of the older players and/or huge contracts. Freeing up a 500K a week for younger talent is the only way to go with FFP in place. RA should give AVB a medal if he can convince the old guard to stagger their leave in January and next summer.

AVB needs to change this teams style and get a more set 11. There has to be more regularity in our club. I hear him talking on tv right now of winning trophies but yet the players we've bought within the past year who were bought to play with one another and compliment one another's style are found on the bench and rarely ever seem to be on the pitch together. If he makes it til summer he has to change his style.

Sometimes it seems he's trying to keep everybody happy by giving them all playing time under the guise of rotation. That's fine and dandy but the starting 11 match to match looks out of sync. I want AVB to do well, I really do, but he seems so damn stubborn and set in his philosophy of the whole that he can't see that the whole is playing like sh*t right now.

I actually noticed that too, he hardly gave the ball away which was good.

I don't really think he does, not as much as some would make us believe. He plays high and the waste in his play is due to that last point, what he does is already excellent. I really think that beside that, it's his body balance before delivering the ball that changed.

And from my point of view, it was mainly Ramires' gestural that led to unfounded criticism (as figures did refute the criticism of pseudo waste). He scores goals this season, he really has everything now