Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

Chelsea make ‘concrete’ offer for Robert Lewandowski, Man City also interested

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/chelsea-make-concrete-offer-robert-lewandowski/

Yeah a "concrete" offer probly means we will give it to  the big 
Lewandowski's ,he is looking for a house extension and heard about CFC pile ready for the new staduim lol

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But its not like we haven't spent money is it? We have just spent it on alot of wannabes/hasbeens and wonkey donkeys!

Just put the money into class players with the money we get from selling all the hangers on and I can't see us not taking Pep and Europe on.

Easier said than done. What about the Champions League factor then? He's turning 30 in August and Champions League is the one trophy he hasn't won. He would surely want to join a club who are in it and have a good chance of winning the whole damn thing. Speaking of turning 30, how long does he even have left at the top? Plus, given the board's stance on 30-year-old+, I find it hard to believe we'll go after him...unless the board are completely losing their shit after Hazard's comments.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Easier said than done. What about the Champions League factor then? He's turning 30 in August and Champions League is the one trophy he hasn't won. He would surely want to join a club who are in it and have a good chance of winning the whole damn thing. Speaking of turning 30, how long does he even have left at the top? Plus, given the board's stance on 30-year-old+, I find it hard to believe we'll go after him...unless the board are completely losing their shit after Hazard's comments.

All good points Jason I think the CL is a factor in both Lewas and Edens thoughts.

Hes been hitting goals regularly so maybe 3 oe 4 years left in him?? And its a daft habit anyway of a 1 year renewable in this day and age of great Drs/dieticians/physios etc Contracts should be apt for individual players.

I dont like player power and the team is always bigger than 1 player but I do reckon Roman might have a turtle poo in his pants about Eden.And you must agree he puts our strikers in the shade, Add money to Moratas money and it doesn't seem so bad.

And I can imagine hes pissed about the Tibo contract too. He will never let his contract run down when he can make money out of him.

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

I can see Lewandowski going to City, unfortunately. With Griezmann looking nailed on for Barca and with Torres also leaving them they'll be after a forward. I read something not long ago about the possibility of Aguero returning there and can definitely picture that. Pep doesn't seem to fancy him as much as their previous managers have for some reason. 

Pep has said as recently as a week or two that they "might" be in the market for a new forward. Probably replace Aguero with his former player Lewandowski.

Tbh, before he got injured, Aguero has been firmly the no.1 striker for City. Guardiola has given him more of a prominent role compared to the previous season where Jesus was favoured a little bit more. If Aguero does go back to Atletico, it would be for personal reasons rather than football reasons as right now he is the preferred striker at City and is playing for the most exciting team right now who only look like they are getting stronger.

We aren't spending big on a player about to turn 30. If anything it's a move to give the impression we're willing to spend big. 

We couldn't negotiate a deal for Dzeko or Llorente, and struggled to sign Giroud.

4 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Exclusive: Chelsea make Robert Lewandowski main summer target as they plan spending spree. (Telegraph) #CFC #FCBayern

Show Courtois/Hazard we're ambitious, trick them into signing new contracts and we'll end up with Andy Carroll instead. 

After just buying a striker who's 30+ in January I cannot fathom us going out and spending massive money on another one. Lewa will be turning 30 just as the season starts. Wouldn't bother me personally but goes against the club's policy. Giroud was seen as a short term and inexpensive option. Lewa would be a huge outlay and presumably on a long term deal after 30 years old.

Just can't see it happening.

^ I thought about that too but correct if I'm wrong but didn't Cahill sign a 5-year deal just months before he turned 30?

That situation just shits on the over-30 policy tbh, but still Lewa will turn 30 late August. :P

But it's too good to be true.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

After just buying a striker who's 30+ in January I cannot fathom us going out and spending massive money on another one. Lewa will be turning 30 just as the season starts. Wouldn't bother me personally but goes against the club's policy. Giroud was seen as a short term and inexpensive option. Lewa would be a huge outlay and presumably on a long term deal after 30 years old.

Just can't see it happening.

19 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

^ I thought about that too but correct if I'm wrong but didn't Cahill sign a 5-year deal just months before he turned 30?

That situation just shits on the over-30 policy tbh, but still Lewa will turn 30 late August. :P

But it's too good to be true.

Indeed. He's been wanting to leave Bayern and this is probably just some agent's work to get things rolling for him to go elsewhere. 

Also, what's the logic in spending big money for a 30-year-old striker and then having to replace him in 2-3 years time? And for all the goals he's scored in his career, think there has to be some question marks over how good he is. Bundesliga isn't a great barometer given it's a one team league and apart from THAT game against Real Madrid couple of years ago, can't remember Lewandowski really setting the world alight in the Champions League.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Indeed. He's been wanting to leave Bayern and this is probably just some agent's work to get things rolling for him to go elsewhere. 

Also, what's the logic in spending big money for a 30-year-old striker and then having to replace him in 2-3 years time? And for all the goals he's scored in his career, think there has to be some question marks over how good he is. Bundesliga isn't a great barometer given it's a one team league and apart from THAT game against Real Madrid couple of years ago, can't remember Lewandowski really setting the world alight in the Champions League.

I actually don't question his quality. Excellent touch, can dribble a bit, score in any way possible, can take free kicks, decent on the counter, can link play well with other attackers.

It's just his age that would make it hard to justify. Seeing this £100m figure going around which should just immedietly shut this rumor down. No chance are we paying anywhere near that.

Has PSG's next Galactico written all over it. Even though they've got Cavani they'll want a new toy to go along with their shiny new manager.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Easier said than done. What about the Champions League factor then? He's turning 30 in August and Champions League is the one trophy he hasn't won. He would surely want to join a club who are in it and have a good chance of winning the whole damn thing. 

You would think so but stranger things have happened, Zlatan is also without a CL medal and basically forefitted his final chance to get one by signing for United.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Bundesliga isn't a great barometer given it's a one team league

And which league do you think we should buy players from?.

Italy is a 2 club league, ligue 1 is a 2 team league, Barca has made La Liga a 1 team leahue, Shitty will make the PL one if we aren't careful.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

I actually don't question his quality. Excellent touch, can dribble a bit, score in any way possible, can take free kicks, decent on the counter, can link play well with other attackers.

Not talking about his quality but rather his effectiveness. He's great in the Bundesliga but not so much in the Champions League. Why is that?

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Has PSG's next Galactico written all over it. Even though they've got Cavani they'll want a new toy to go along with their shiny new manager.

First it's Man City and now PSG. Make up your mind! :lol: 

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

You would think so but stranger things have happened, Zlatan is also without a CL medal and basically forefitted his final chance to get one by signing for United.

Suspect the wages might have something to do with that.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

And which league do you think we should buy players from?.

Italy is a 2 club league, ligue 1 is a 2 team league, Barca has made La Liga a 1 team leahue, Shitty will make the PL one if we aren't careful.

In those leagues you mentioned, there are a number of good sides - besides the usual suspects - with proper quality players in them. There aren't many in the Bundesliga, apart from Dortmund.

Can't see this one happening and if it does, I wouldn't be as happy as maybe I would have been if we had signed him 2 years ago. He is nearly 30 years old!!! We need a Jesus or a Griezmann. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You