Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

If we are indeed going after a new main striker (which I still highly doubt) my preference of this we've been linked with is Icardi, then Lewandowski, then Higuain. But unless we offered mega wages I can't see why any of those 3 would come here when they could probably go to just about any other big club which has CL football.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

If we are indeed going after a new main striker (which I still highly doubt) my preference of this we've been linked with is Icardi, then Lewandowski, then Higuain. But unless we offered mega wages I can't see why any of those 3 would come here when they could probably go to just about any other big club which has CL football.

My thoughts exactly. 100%

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

They would be my preferences too. But we really should at least TRY to give Sarri (IF we do get him) his MAIN choices. He may see something in his choices nobody else sees.And if that will help give us that attacking fluidity he brought to Napoli it cant be bad.

But if we are penny pinching over 4 mill euros to buy him out I cant see us putting our hands in our pocket for £75mill eh!

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Who are these other big clubs? Outside of Real Madrid I can't think of a club who need a big money striker and can afford the wage demands.

Who are these other big clubs? Outside of Real Madrid I can't think of a club who need a big money striker and can afford the wage demands.

City, unless Pep has intentions for playing a false nine for large parts of the season.

44 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
57 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

City, unless Pep has intentions for playing a false nine for large parts of the season.

I don't see that, Aguero still there and Jesus...

I would be very surprised if Aguero remained at City. Clearly isn't first choice and he's far too good to be a bench player

Just now, LAM09 said:
3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I would be very surprised if Aguero remained at City. Clearly isn't first choice and he's far too good to be a bench player

Where does he go to get those kind of wages? 

Where does he go to get those kind of wages? 

He could take a cut and return to Atletico, should the inevitable Griezmann transfer happen. PSG or Real are options as well 

Just now, LAM09 said:

He could take a cut and return to Atletico, should the inevitable Griezmann transfer happen. PSG or Real are other options as well

He could but why? for pride's sake? This is his last big pay check I doubt he walks from that because he's not first choice....

He could but why? for pride's sake? This is his last big pay check I doubt he walks from that because he's not first choice....
Some players value playing time more than a pay check. However, I doubt his wages would be drastically different.

Just now, LAM09 said:
3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Some players value playing time more than a pay check. However, I doubt his wages would be drastically different.

And you think Aguero is that type? seems far fetched if you ask me... He's a City legend and he's getting paid a mint.

And you think Aguero is that type? seems far fetched if you ask me... He's a City legend and he's getting paid a mint.
Neither of us know either way. I would just like think someone that's 30 in matter of days would want to be playing at their peak regardless of their current situation.

He could even be a replacement for Lewandowski. There certainly isn't a shortage of potential suitors.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Neither of us know either way. I would just like think someone that's 30 in matter of days would want to be playing at their peak regardless of their current situation.

He could even be a replacement for Lewandowski. There certainly isn't a shortage of potential suitors.

again anything is possible but I just can't see city spending big on a striker when they have 2 top strikers at the club and if Aguero does go doesn't that make Jesus the bonafide no.1? Pep likes midfielders not 9's

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You