Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

I'd bring back Lukaku and spend what was going towards Lewandowski towards strengthening the defense but that's just me

Your are wrong!!!! We should sign every attacking player who is younger than 25 and worth around 20 million. That is the key to success!!!!

No, DMs are part of the midfield... The abbreviation sort of gives it away - defensive midfielder.

Two DMs+ 4 defenders+GK= Defensive team, playmaker+RW+LW+striker=offensive team. That's how we Americans see a football team. :tophat:

Two DMs+ 4 defenders+GK= Defensive team, playmaker+RW+LW+striker=offensive team. That's how we Americans see a football team. :tophat:

That's not how my football teams saw it. If you were a DM you were "defensive" but you were a part of the midfield not part of defense. I guess we're just arguing semantics at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Americans did categorize it like that (so many of our sports, e.g. American Football have such clear offense and defense that we probably like to make all sports like that)

But I agree with the idea of trying out Lukaku as our starting striker and just heavily investing in defense and the defensive/playmaking midfield. If Lukaku has that kind of excellent foundation, he will score and assist loads, I can promise you that (his service from West Brom borderlines on terrible sometimes IMO).

I think that would make us a more sound team than buying Falcao and still having a problematic pivot and ever-aging Terry.

Besides, with Azpi, Luiz, cole/bertrand and a world class CB signing, along with Cech/courtois and good DM's, who is going to score on us? mata and hazard alone could score enough to let us win, much less having the beast of Lukaku up top. Think how well we'd maintain the ball.

That being said, I'm not horribly against Lewandowski if we can get him cheap, having a star striker ALWAYS helps (united) and Lewan has proven himself in European football, which Lukaku has not. However, I will only take him in addition to sorting out our midfield, not in place of.

You can't win the champions league when you have Khedira in your midfield and your opponents have Javi Martinez-Schweinsteiger, Busquets-Iniesta or Pirlo-Vidal. He was the weakest link in Real.

Lewandowski will never become the PL top goal scorer when Manchester teams have Falcao, Van Persie kind of strikers and to compete with those teams our striker has to be as good as theirs,

Same Lewandowski who scored 4 goals vs Real? Who has 10 goals in CL this year?

And just let you know Khedira wasnt playing in either of games vs Bvb. In second game, he came of the bench and guess what, real started to play much better and also scored 2 goals.

But I guess you know the future, so may I ask you what will be result of game Chelsea-spurs and I realy would like to know what weather will be tomorrow just to see if i need umbrela or not...

Same Lewandowski who scored 4 goals vs Real? Who has 10 goals in CL this year?

And just let you know Khedira wasnt playing in either of games vs Bvb. In second game, he came of the bench and guess what, real started to play much better and also scored 2 goals.

But I guess you know the future, so may I ask you what will be result of game Chelsea-spurs and I realy would like to know what weather will be tomorrow just to see if i need umbrela or not...

I think it has been written many times here. Lewandowski is not a player who is consistent. 4 out of those 10 goals were in one game.

Do we need a striker who will score three goals against United and disappear in the next three games against Stoke, Villa and Everton?

I guess you want an Eastern European striker in our team but there are better players that we can get.

With Khedira coming out of bench they might score one or two goals. If they had someone like Vidal they would be in the final, that is the difference between an average Dm and the better ones,

As I said before Lewy and Khedira are very good players for Tottenham. Defoe and Parker are getting old.

His opinion though, just because it differs from yours there is no need for insults.

And my opinion is that he is an idiot for saying Lewa isnt good enough for Chelsea.

I would actually go as far as saying its a FACT. And it has nothing to do with the fact that it differs from my own opinion.

From those of you who actually watch Falcao, does he do a lot of link-up play or does he just wait for the ball?

Because he wont get really involved in Chelsea by waiting for the ball..

And my opinion is that he is an idiot for saying Lewa isnt good enough for Chelsea.

Your opinion or not, there is no need to insult others just because he said something different from your view. We expect every member in the forum to treat each other with respect, regardless whether you like them or not.

I would actually go as far as saying its a FACT. And it has nothing to do with the fact that it differs from my own opinion.

Well since you said it is a FACT, then maybe it would be better if you actually explain why so as opposed to just insult others.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You