Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

I think he's going to Bayern, just not as big of a dick as Gotze to announce it before the UCL final.

Gotze didn't announce it himself. Bild (IIRC) broke the news and Dortmund and then Bayern announced it to confirm the transfer.

if we dont get any of them we should go for Aguero or Ibra!

Doubt City will sell Aguero to us. And even if they do, he's gonna be costly especially when the club didn't agree to his huge wages demand. As for Ibrahimovic, he's already 32 this year. Definitely not someone the club would want to sign given our transfer policy of buying young players and ones below 30 y/o.

Doubt City will sell Aguero to us. And even if they do, he's gonna be costly especially when the club didn't agree to his huge wages demand. As for Ibrahimovic, he's already 32 this year. Definitely not someone the club would want to sign given our transfer policy of buying young players and ones below 30 y/o.

i agree but i would love Ibra to have a season or 2 here and win a PL! The guy is a beast! i guess the only way to get him would be to do Torres + cash for him!

As long as rvp is there i don't see any reason for manu to buy lewa

That's what top clubs do. Buy top class Strikers and stock up at least 2-3 of them. Like I've said before, Torres' years here have deluded so many people into thinking that Lukaku will be enough to win us a title.

They feel this way because since Torres has been average for so long that anyone, even a slightly above average striker (Ba) and a raw 20 year old nowhere near his prime (Lukaku) look like Pele and Ronaldo to them in comparison to Torres.

United and City know what's needed. Strikers. We don't and that mentality has seeped onto a lot of our fans.

^Agree. How many times during the season did we look at our bench and think, it's filled with defense-minded players? A normal Chelsea bench this season had

Turnbull Cahill Ivanovic Bertrand Ake Moses Torres

Where is the depth in attack then? A strike-force of Lukaku, Ba and Torres is very thin and no, Schurrle and Moses are NOT striker-options. Even if Lukaku turns out to be the beast he was at West Brom, that strike-force lacks depth.

That's what top clubs do. Buy top class Strikers and stock up at least 2-3 of them. Like I've said before, Torres' years here have deluded so many people into thinking that Lukaku will be enough to win us a title.

They feel this way because since Torres has been average for so long that anyone, even a slightly above average striker (Ba) and a raw 20 year old nowhere near his prime (Lukaku) look like Pele and Ronaldo to them in comparison to Torres.

United and City know what's needed. Strikers. We don't and that mentality has seeped onto a lot of our fans.

It's one thing if RVP is misfiring, but he has been on top level for the last two years and I expect him to play almost all manu game for next season.

Moreover I don't think they can play together because both of them prefer to play as the main striker. MU also still have welbeck, and chicarito as backup and they also have kagawa to play the 2nd striker position.

It seems that the trend that the Manchester clubs have shown is that to win the Premier League a team needs 4 types of strikers:

1.) On form star (RVP/Aguero)

2.) Consistent partner (Rooney/Tevez)

3.) Super Sub/Work horse (Hernandez/Dzeko)

4.) Up and coming youngster (Welbeck/Balotelli)

This, in my mind, especially works for Manchester because when I look at everywhere else on their team the only other unquestionable "World Class" player beside Rooney and RVP is Carrick.

Of those 4 I think we for sure only have one which is our "Up and coming youngster" Lukaku. An argument can be made that our "Super Sub/ Work horse can be Ba but he seems to be a little to old for that. I think Lewandowski can be a Rooney/Tevez type of player that will always be there to score goals but never really evolving into the type of player that RVP or Aguero are. Then it comes down to our star which in my mind should be either Falcao or Cavani. The problem with this plan is that to bring in players like Lewa and Cavani/Falcao in the same transfer window is extremely unlikely and us even getting one of them can be seen as a fortuitous transfer. City got their top 2 by going on the new owner spending spree, it seems that Roman might be willing to do this but that is still to be determined. United, however have had Rooney for many years and simply needed to add RVP to their squad to take them over the top.

It seems that the trend that the Manchester clubs have shown is that to win the Premier League a team needs 4 types of strikers:

1.) On form star (RVP/Aguero)

2.) Consistent partner (Rooney/Tevez)

3.) Super Sub/Work horse (Hernandez/Dzeko)

4.) Up and coming youngster (Welbeck/Balotelli)

This, in my mind, especially works for Manchester because when I look at everywhere else on their team the only other unquestionable "World Class" player beside Rooney and RVP is Carrick.

Of those 4 I think we for sure only have one which is our "Up and coming youngster" Lukaku. An argument can be made that our "Super Sub/ Work horse can be Ba but he seems to be a little to old for that. I think Lewandowski can be a Rooney/Tevez type of player that will always be there to score goals but never really evolving into the type of player that RVP or Aguero are. Then it comes down to our star which in my mind should be either Falcao or Cavani. The problem with this plan is that to bring in players like Lewa and Cavani/Falcao in the same transfer window is extremely unlikely and us even getting one of them can be seen as a fortuitous transfer. City got their top 2 by going on the new owner spending spree, it seems that Roman might be willing to do this but that is still to be determined. United, however have had Rooney for many years and simply needed to add RVP to their squad to take them over the top.

We only play one striker upfront so that formula is not relevant

United also play with one striker

They usually play with two or one. If rooney and rvp play together, they play with two but if kagawa play there and they play only one. Hernandez role this season has been marginal and welbeck tend to play on the wing this season but for us since we have mata, hazard, oscar, moses and I expect schurle. We are going to play with one striker.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You