Blackburn 0-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

We have played a lot worse than this in recent season's.

We won't fall out of the top 4 i can assure you, we will atleast finish 3rd or at worse 4th behind Arsenal.

Liverpool and Spurs are not good enough to challenge us over the course of a season.

When were on a mini bad run tbh it's best to just get the 3 points and run, clean sheet aswell, Bosingwa out, something to build on.

You've got good confidence Tomo-91 i'll give you that, and i bet a lot of people are happy that theres posters like you on here to at least battle the negativity that posters bring including me. Good on you!, but i'm still with my opinion and i think were in trouble and are going to have to hold out till we get some better players, looking at the team, i just don't think it's good enough, it lacks world class players, and a spark.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got good confidence Tomo-91 i'll give you that, and i bet a lot of people are happy that theres posters like you on here to at least battle the negativity that posters bring including me. Good on you!, but i'm still with my opinion and i think were in trouble and are going to have to hold out till we get some better players, looking at the team, i just don't think it's good enough, it lacks world class players, and a spark.

There are some areas that need improving and the title will be a big ask now but i cannot honestly see Tottenham and especially Liverpool hurting us over 38 games.

Think today's game, particularly the first half, showed that we really need someone like Modric who can break open a game with a pass from deep

And I felt that Mikel was really useless today. I don't mean that he was bad, but he wasn't needed imo

Yes its a grinded result, but the very least I felt we weren't overun by Blackburn. The team knows what to do... who to pass to... not like last few months under Ancelotti whereby I dont even know what kind of football we were playing.

I think we made a few good opportunities, just disappointed that we didn't take them. Earlier in the game, Sturridge had a good chance, but failed to connect. Similarly, Sturridge had a second chance but failed to connect again. Then at the last few minutes, it was Torres the culprit for missing an obvious chance.

We really need to take our chances and stop missing it... or perhaps the pressure is there for the players.

Think today's game, particularly the first half, showed that we really need someone like Modric who can break open a game with a pass from deep

And I felt that Mikel was really useless today. I don't mean that he was bad, but he wasn't needed imo

Not really...after all, he was the one who picked out Ivanovic who crossed to Lampard for the goal.IMO Mikel is one of those players who become noticeable when they're NOT on the pitch...its because he's not as dynamic as most mid-fielders ..

Why? actually to be fair, chelsea fans seems like the only ones who rate Ramires, everytime that i read others forums people say that he's average\crap .I can agree with manco, Ramires needs to learn to take better decisions, with time he will improve his game.

i think we are being highly critical and unfair to rambo. his game has improved a hundred fold from the moment we had bought him and is still improving. his passing has improved, his shots are now on target but his finishing needs some work. but you have to give credit where its due. ramires' speed n relentless running has him as the center of most of our counters, his positional play is good enough that he can get 1 on 1 with a keeper plus now he even does saves goals off the line. calling him a chihuahua is absolutely unacceptable.

I can't believe people are actually happy on here, this in my opinion was a bad game, we still need to sort this out, we were lucky we were playing a poor team like Blackburn.

the only reason we are happy becoz is that we won. also we kept a clean sheet. it was not a good performance but if by any chance we had lost points then it would have been disastorous with chels going 4 matches without a win. now look at manu after there 6-1 drubbing they have grinded out 2 bad 1-0 wins just to get that loss out of their system. i think we should have done the same thing against genk instead of trying to prove a point and going confusedly all out in attack. anyways be happy mate, we won, could have been a lot worse

Not really...after all, he was the one who picked out Ivanovic who crossed to Lampard for the goal.IMO Mikel is one of those players who become noticeable when they're NOT on the pitch...its because he's not as dynamic as most mid-fielders ..

That was the only useful thing he did, I thought. I'm not saying that he was poor... but either Meireles or Romeu in that position would have been better

I think our players need to utilize this international break and play shitloads of fifa12 simply to realise that they are brilliant players and can play ridiculously good football if they put their game on....

If they play with Chelsea in fifa12 it might help them with their gameplay, emulating what they do in the game, on the pitch.

Liverpool will be a season defining game in my opinion.... We lost to Manu QPR and Arsenal already....If we cant win against a liverpool side that has been largely unimpressive...couldnt score against swansea.... then the season will not be very promising.....

On the other hand, a win will definitely make them feel they have it in them to win.... I dont see us beating man city... so 1 point out of 6 against them is realistic...

Im going off topic here.....

Back to Fifa12!!

Ramires was vital to our win yesterday. Can´t believe the amount of criticism he gets. He made some very important tackles and broke down their play,dropped back and cleard a ball when Cech was beaten. I don´t know, why are people expecting football to be a game where there are 22 players on the pitch and Chelsea always trash their opponents. I think that Blackburn are a tough team to beat. I was very relieved when they had to replace Samba, he really caused us trouble (ffs he is a big lad). On a side note I thought that this plane they had flying over the stadium is one of the worst things i´ve ever seen.

Not the most convincing match but we did it.

That was the only useful thing he did, I thought. I'm not saying that he was poor... but either Meireles or Romeu in that position would have been better

he had a few good long passes today besides the goal....romeu...doent pass long...he plays like busquets...and meireles losses the ball alot and thats dangerous in the dm position and he isnt defensive he isnt a great tackler..im sure if avb feels romeu is a better option he will play him there, after all he benched lamps when he was poor earlier in the season.

I don't think you've seen much Chelsea games of late mate...

I see every game mate, also attended last week.

Just because Ramires gets a goal here and there doesn't mean anything.

A little pressure and he loses it, it was clear against Man U, and if u ask me clear since the

moment we signed him for a ridiculous price. He's got the ability but he tends to use it wrongly,

and he's just one of those players that gets the ball and automatically u know he'll waste it...

If he manages to do something positive with the ball at his feet I'm surprised.

Moreover , he is not clear tackle-DM as Mikel and doesn't pass or push well as does Meireles.

So they both should play and he can sit on the bench IMO

I see every game mate, also attended last week.

Just because Ramires gets a goal here and there doesn't mean anything.

A little pressure and he loses it, it was clear against Man U, and if u ask me clear since the

moment we signed him for a ridiculous price. He's got the ability but he tends to use it wrongly,

and he's just one of those players that gets the ball and automatically u know he'll waste it...

If he manages to do something positive with the ball at his feet I'm surprised.

Moreover , he is not clear tackle-DM as Mikel and doesn't pass or push well as does Meireles.

So they both should play and he can sit on the bench IMO

The highlighted part, I agree with.

His improvements are undeniable though.