Blackburn 0-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who think torres played quite well ?

He did not lose the ball and his link-up play was quite good.

In the last 5 minutes when the game was played really fast, I thought he looks really dangerous.

No excuse for the miss though, I thought it was a difficult chance (his only chance) but he should have buried it.

Yep he did, but once again his miss will overshadow it. :lol:

Am I the only one who think torres played quite well ?

He did not lose the ball and his link-up play was quite good.

In the last 5 minutes when the game was played really fast, I thought he looks really dangerous.

No excuse for the miss though, I thought it was a difficult chance (his only chance) but he should have buried it.

Because the game turned into end to end stuff as Blackburn was chasing the goal. Torres excels in the wide open games and quick counters. That's what happened at the Man United game and that's why he did well there too. He struggles with slower games with little space.

He should have scored. Made the wrong decision for an awkward ball. Easier to keep the ball down with a header in the situation than trying to kick it.

I don't know. They're just criticizing Torres, and you can't say they're wrong. Patience is not easy to get, and Torres is kinda playing with everybody's emotions.

About respect...I, personally, don't have any respect at all for those who became Chelsea fans after The Blues signed Torres.

These are the kind of fans who appeared after we won the double I guess , what pisses me off is they dont a shit about the club it might have been hardly 6months to a year or so that they have been following CHelsea and they talk as if they own Chelsea ...

Some of you need to hop off Torres' DICK. Every time i read the reactions after the game its only about him.

Cech and Lampard are legends. Sturridge did ok but he should have been on the score sheet. Mata didn't play great either today. My man of the match would be either Cole or Ramires. What the hell are those 2 on? They never seem to stop running.

The chances, the injuries, the misses and everything else aside, I'm glad that we kept a clean sheet.

Good result,average performance.

Ivanovic should be our number one RB,way better than Bos in every way.

I didn't like Sturridge playing up front alone,he is wasted there.I think that he should play either as a RW or as a supporting striker behind a target man.Either way he is better running with the ball or cutting inside from the wings than waiting for a pass inside the box.

I really don't know what to say about Torres,it seems that we can't depend on him to score goals.AVB should really think about the possibility that he 'll never come good for us and look for another striker to lead our attack.

Easy on the Torres criticism, he wasn't spectacular, but neither was Sturridge, or Malouda for that matter. That chance wasn't even a clear cut one, maybe he should have used his head but it wasn't a terrible attempt. I think some Chelsea fans need to stop thinking about Torres in this game and focus on the three very important points (haven't read all the posts so maybe someone has said this already).

if thats so then sturridge should take some of the blame. he missed 3 chances.

A lot of blame goes on sturridge aswell, what confuses me is if you put Anelka, Drogba, Torres, Strurridge on paper, you couldnt ask for much more attacking options...then when we get on the pitch its woeful!

I don't buy this.

Look how Rooney came through last season after his 'media pressure'. This can't be all down to confidence..

Everyone is different !!! for as long as he was out of media attention he certainly did seem like regaining his "El-Nino" form in himself... Rooney was utterly bullshit when he gathered all the media attention... but he had the strong mind to come out of it ...

I am pretty sure its all about confidence then anything else...

Everyone is different !!! for as long as he was out of media attention he certainly did seem like regaining his "El-Nino" form in himself... Rooney was utterly bullshit when he gathered all the media attention... but he had the strong mind to come out of it ...

I am pretty sure its all about confidence then anything else...

Yeah media can make you feel really low and stuff.

But at the end of the day.. Come on. You've got lots of support from the team, the fans & even general journos. We've signed players for you, we've given you more starts than you deserve ect. The least we can expect is a hit on target.

The media can only do so much to you. Look how Dzeko responded, how Carroll will respond ect.