Blackburn 0-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Ramires is not perfect, but at the moment he's the best we got to put alongside Lampard... One could argue Meireles is better. I'm in two minds, I like both.. I wish there was a way for both of them to play :P I think Meireles's passing, vision and shooting is better. However I think Ramires has better energy, pace and tackling ability. He's 24 and some of us are calling Luiz (not to mention Kalou calling himself) young, who is also 24... He will improve if he stays clear of big injuries. I like Ramires despite his faults, but I am more excited when Meireles plays, because he has more ability on the ball imho.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been away for the forum for a while, have I missed something? last time I checked Ramires has easily been our best midfielder thus far this season and had a very good debut season for Chelsea. He is an excellent box to box midfielder, offers a lot going forward and defensively. Is he a creative force? No. But he runs and his running actually does create chances and he is very important in terms of our defensive setup. Personally I thought him and Lampard and Mata were easily our 3 best players yesterday.

On the other hand, Mikel once again was distinctly average, I dont really understand what it is that he does. Don't get me wrong, I understand the idea of a passive holding midfielder, as in not someone in the Makele/De Jong mould who will tackle but a player who slots into the defence when required, who shields the back four, who tries to start the attacks from deep, eg. Busquets, I understand the role but the problem is Mikel doesn't do it very well.

Ramires is not perfect, but at the moment he's the best we got to put alongside Lampard... One could argue Meireles is better. I'm in two minds, I like both.. I wish there was a way for both of them to play :P I think Meireles's passing, vision and shooting is better. However I think Ramires has better energy, pace and tackling ability. He's 24 and some of us are calling Luiz (not to mention Kalou calling himself) young, who is also 24... He will improve if he stays clear of big injuries. I like Ramires despite his faults, but I am more excited when Meireles plays, because he has more ability on the ball imho.

We need that.

CHELSEA FAIL OR WIN, I AM A CHHELSEAN ANYDAY: what can we do? AVB watch your selection for games, your selection for the Genk game was mediocre largely: So Chelsea is been reduced to a team of only 2 reliable players namely Peter Chech and Ashley Cole, maybe we might consider Lampard and Sturridge (needs to a little more striker maturity and the sky will be the limit). As per the some of the rest here are my views:

David Luiz - Maybe he is sick or something, his tackles are the most unclean tackle in the league he has a very high propensity for red cards, he concedes fouls easily and stupidly, looks like he has a knack for attacking so I think we should convert him into an attacker to replace some of our ailing attackers, If I were AVB I will consider David Luiz a big risk in the defence for he has costed us so much negatively in that position.

Ramires – Still the same box of energy but lacking calmness to do the decisive with the ball. He still falls short as a sharp shooter

Drogba – Thank you so much for all you have done in the PAST!!!

Anelka/Malouda/Terry – Are you all tired?, then Retire.

Torres – Where art thou?

Mikel – You can still do much better, after training sessions go back to the pitch and start learning how to be asniper for the opponents goal from the centre of the pitch (ie long range accurate shots at goal), I know you can do it but looks you keep part of your confidence in your pocket. Feel free to ask Frank Lamps or Stephen Keshi for tips you can do it boy. Go for it before age starts slowing you down. Make a name in the premiership before you fade.

Juan Mata/Mirelies – Keep doing good, thank you

Alex/Essien – If sickness (injuries) goes can you be your old workhorse selves again?

AVB – Don’t ever feature any player who is out of form, for every game rate your players on a notepad any player with less than 7/10 should not be on the team list. Now the season is early, it’s the time for you to correct the lapses in the players Sharpen your stickers, Revamp your defence and add maturity to your midfield NOT age. Tart fining a way to infuse your young bloods from Team B into mainstream affairs. Take cue from AF of MUFC, who brings in all those new names. If Berbatov can warm the bench then do the same to your below-par squad members.

I say these because I wish well for the team and I believe in the team and know that losses have been due to our own carelessness. IF WE DON’T CORRECT THEM THEN WE HEAD FOR ‘0’

I've been away for the forum for a while, have I missed something? last time I checked Ramires has easily been our best midfielder thus far this season and had a very good debut season for Chelsea. He is an excellent box to box midfielder, offers a lot going forward and defensively. Is he a creative force? No. But he runs and his running actually does create chances and he is very important in terms of our defensive setup. Personally I thought him and Lampard and Mata were easily our 3 best players yesterday.

On the other hand, Mikel once again was distinctly average, I dont really understand what it is that he does. Don't get me wrong, I understand the idea of a passive holding midfielder, as in not someone in the Makele/De Jong mould who will tackle but a player who slots into the defence when required, who shields the back four, who tries to start the attacks from deep, eg. Busquets, I understand the role but the problem is Mikel doesn't do it very well.

Not sure what game you watched as we generally bossed possession and moved the ball around anywhere we wanted, creating chances at the pace we chose to. Blackburn just did well in their last ditch defending, the only time they asked any questions were on a few random counters.

I see every game mate, also attended last week.

Just because Ramires gets a goal here and there doesn't mean anything.

A little pressure and he loses it, it was clear against Man U, and if u ask me clear since the

moment we signed him for a ridiculous price. He's got the ability but he tends to use it wrongly,

and he's just one of those players that gets the ball and automatically u know he'll waste it...

If he manages to do something positive with the ball at his feet I'm surprised.

Moreover , he is not clear tackle-DM as Mikel and doesn't pass or push well as does Meireles.

So they both should play and he can sit on the bench IMO

I think that's a bit harsh and applies more to Kalou than Ramires, but that's your opinion and I'm not trying to change it.

Not sure what game you watched as we generally bossed possession and moved the ball around anywhere we wanted, creating chances at the pace we chose to. Blackburn just did well in their last ditch defending, the only time they asked any questions were on a few random counters.

I literally haven't got a clue how anything you said relates to my comment. I talked about the ability of Ramires and Mikel and fleetingly mentioned that Ramires, Lampard and Mata were our 3 best players against Blackburn. At no stage did I say we didn;t boss possession, move the ball around, create chances at the pace we chose or say Blackburn threatened anymore than a few counter attacks, meaning Im assuming that you simply quoted the wrong post or failed to actually read my post.

atlast watched the whole match. got to say this : its not torres' miss that hurts but his sulking and uncaring attitude which really hurts. just awful.

Maybe he picked that up from Drogba.

Haven't been able to watch the full game yet, just the highlights. Pete done well, what a way to bounce back from that Arsenal performance.

A little pressure and he loses it, it was clear against Man U, and if u ask me clear since the

moment we signed him for a ridiculous price. He's got the ability but he tends to use it wrongly,

and he's just one of those players that gets the ball and automatically u know he'll waste it...

Moreover , he is not clear tackle-DM as Mikel and doesn't pass or push well as does Meireles.

Interesting view and i am starting to come round to this way of thinking...I love Ramires because he runs his bollocks off and does the job of 2 men...however technically he is poor and you do not feel comfortable when he has the ball at his feet. Mierlies is my favourite Chelsea player due to his technical ability, he is a joy to watch and I feel a place for him should be found in our midfield 3. Although Lampard is now popping up with important goals like he used to, were we not a better looking side without him in the team???. From memory the games he was left out we won comfortably and when he went off v Manure we looked a much better side....

Maybe he picked that up from Drogba.

i hope you mean the 4 matches this season otherwise it would not make any sense saying that drogba keeps sulking around because he cant put the ball in the net. if i remember correctly he had 15 assists ( second only to nani) compared to 11 goals last season. does not seem to be the stat of a "sulking and uncaring person"

i hope you mean the 4 matches this season otherwise it would not make any sense saying that drogba keeps sulking around because he cant put the ball in the net. if i remember correctly he had 15 assists ( second only to nani) compared to 11 goals last season. does not seem to be the stat of a "sulking and uncaring person"

He was just pulling your leg....

Neither striker has been sulking or moaning this season IMO...although Didier seems to be showing less willpower in the matches..

I literally haven't got a clue how anything you said relates to my comment. I talked about the ability of Ramires and Mikel and fleetingly mentioned that Ramires, Lampard and Mata were our 3 best players against Blackburn. At no stage did I say we didn;t boss possession, move the ball around, create chances at the pace we chose or say Blackburn threatened anymore than a few counter attacks, meaning Im assuming that you simply quoted the wrong post or failed to actually read my post.

I guess deduction isn't really your thing. Ramires wasn't bossing shit he was getting up and down the pitch as he does. Mikel is the one who sits in the middle and breaks up + starts attacks. It seems that if someone isn't flailing around or doing fancy moves all the time and scoring then he's a worthless footballer. So boring to talk with you people.

A chelsea win, clean sheet and no Bosingwa!!!!!!!! Great!!! :D Cech was brilliant, he even played with a broken nose and didnt want to come off, what a legend!!! We're so lucky to have a goalkeeper as amazing as him, I swear!! :')

this.

I guess deduction isn't really your thing. Ramires wasn't bossing shit he was getting up and down the pitch as he does. Mikel is the one who sits in the middle and breaks up + starts attacks. It seems that if someone isn't flailing around or doing fancy moves all the time and scoring then he's a worthless footballer. So boring to talk with you people.

Hmm some of my favourite players in the world : Busquets, Alonso, Pirlo. Those are 3 deep lying playmakers, the position Mikel plays, and those are 3 players who play the position a hell of a lot better than Mikel. Yes Ramires was running, that's what he does, he is a box to box midfielder, do you want a box to box midfielder that doesn't run because that would defeat the purpose. I am fully aware of Mikel's position, what his role in the side is and what the requirements of that position are, what I question is his execution of those requirements. Im sorry but in any of my close to 300 posts on this forum can you quote a single one where I say I only like players are "flailing, doing fancy skill, scoring" because I would truly love to see such a quote. If on the otherhand you don't have such a quote (perhaps because it doesn't exist) then Id like you to stop making such assumptions about me. A shielding midfield player is important in a team, particularly a team that plays with attacking full backs, Barcelona and Real Madrid (the two greatest club sides in the world) play with a deep lying playmaker as do reigning European and World Champions Spain, I am not questioning the usefulness of the position what I am saying is that Mikel isn't Sergio Busquets, he isn't Xabi Alonso and he isn't Andrea Pirlo. For a club as big as we are and with the aspirations we have I think we can do better than Mikel, not that we should scrap the deep lying playmaker idea, rather we require a better deep lying playmaker.

^^am I wrong or is it that the 3 players you listed are deep-lying playmakers and you are comparing them to a pure "holding midfielder"? I don't think mikels role was ever to get as far forward as they do. From what I know, those two roles are defined a bit differently. Just saying. Could be wrong tho.

Just trying to wind you up mate :D