Chelsea charged after incident in QPR game

ack17

The FA has today charged Chelsea with failure to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

This relates to an incident involving Chelsea players surrounding match official Chris Foy, immediately following Jose Bosingwa’s dismissal.

The incident occurred in their Premier League fixture against QPR at Loftus Road on Sunday 23 October.

Separately, The FA has written to Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas and asked for an explanation on his post-match media comments

Villas-Boas has been asked to explain his comments on match referee Chris Foy and the assistant referees.

On both counts, the club has until Friday 28 October to respond.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/chelsea-251011

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a joke. I don't get why referees are untouchable. This is their job, they get paid for that... Even presidents of countries get critisized when they aren't doing their job properly. If they ain't doing their job correctly, we have the right to critisize them.

By the way, the FA should look for new and young referees, instead of defending those - like this old fart Foy - are incapable and shouldn't be in charge of a game in the best League in the world.

Regardless of our defence the FA will punish us & AVB will probably get a touchline ban for being honest........

I completely agreed with AVB with his post match comments as he nailed it by stating that if Foy is going to give soft decisions then those decisions have to be reciprocated. I view this charge in the same way as if they are going to punish us for some indiscipline then common sense should tell you that Foy should be charged for failing to officiate to Premier League standards?

I won't hold my breathe as the FA are not known for their common sense but stand for 'fuck all'!!!

Knew it was gana happen..but at the same time daft decisons will be made game after game until they sort the standards out.You cant have a ref give cards for one thing and not for another and some refs that are at a decent level and others that dont have a clue....and until then be more fines dished out when Managers say how things are

I'd in fact love to see AVB's official response to these flimsy charges. I'm sure in a detailed explanation he will tear Foy apart, given what he managed to do in a quick post-match interview.

Too bad it won't matter though, since the FA's decision will be based less on rationale and more on popular sentiment, which is somehow always against us. But I hope they make Foy read AVB's response so that he gets a reminder of how shit he is.

Also, shouldn't Warnock also not be penalized openly complimenting a supposedly 'unbiased' ref on a job well done? Surely there have been such cases before?

The FA has today charged Chelsea with failure to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

The FA should be charged with gross incompetence in regard to referee selection and failure to ensure their referees conducted themselves in a fair and consistent fashion. I would also like to level a charge that they are dickheads in general.

Regardless of our defence the FA will punish us & AVB will probably get a touchline ban for being honest........

I completely agreed with AVB with his post match comments as he nailed it by stating that if Foy is going to give soft decisions then those decisions have to be reciprocated. I view this charge in the same way as if they are going to punish us for some indiscipline then common sense should tell you that Foy should be charged for failing to officiate to Premier League standards?

I won't hold my breathe as the FA are not known for their common sense but stand for 'fuck all'!!!

Don't think so..more like a slap on the wrist for a first "offense"...

AVB isn't holding back though, glad to see a manager who fights for the team rather than have someone like Warnock....

I'd in fact love to see AVB's official response to these flimsy charges. I'm sure in a detailed explanation he will tear Foy apart, given what he managed to do in a quick post-match interview.

Too bad it won't matter though, since the FA's decision will be based less on rationale and more on popular sentiment, which is somehow always against us. But I hope they make Foy read AVB's response so that he gets a reminder of how shit he is.

Also, shouldn't Warnock also not be penalized openly complimenting a supposedly 'unbiased' ref on a job well done? Surely there have been such cases before?

Yes, Ferguson was fined for doing the very same thing last season

Don't think so..more like a slap on the wrist for a first "offense"

AVB isn't holding back though, glad to see a manager who fights for the team rather than have someone like Warnock....

I hope you're right regarding AVB but because he is speaking his mind & telling the truth about incompetent officials & its not the first time this season he has spoken out then don't be surprised if they make an example of him.

I applauded Ancelotti for his dignified approach but unfortunately it doesn't work psychologically because you have other managers who year in/year out put pressure on refs & get favourable decisions ala Bacon face, so I'm 100% behind AVB in his rant at incompetent officials.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_7265626,00.html

Says that AVB doesn't see the need to explain his actions.

He also said this:

Villas-Boas also hit back at QPR midfielder Shaun Derry's claim that Chelsea 'lost their heads' on Sunday, and branded suggestions they had been bullied as 'ridiculous'.

"Fantastic Shaun Derry," Villas-Boas snapped sarcastically.

"You could ask Shaun Derry whether, playing against nine men, they might have done a bit better.

"Full praise to their commitment and to their strength, but they don't have to blow it out of proportion because we won't."

lmao.

The FA should be charged with gross incompetence in regard to referee selection and failure to ensure their referees conducted themselves in a fair and consistent fashion. I would also like to level a charge that they are dickheads in general.

why didn't England get the World Cup ...cos the FA are a useless bunch of tossers ...