Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

BlueLion.

Suddenly AVB is not good anymore !!! some people are pathetic and so are some of our players !!

IMO we lost this game because of 2 reasons :

1- Our subs are so poor that none of them will ever be able to change a game for us and that is including (drogba - anelka)

2- David Luiz had to start this game , some people think he is reckless , i don't care !! ... we are way better defensively and as a unit with him in the team .

Anyway we would have been shitting ourselves if we thought we can win the league this year we should keep the 3rd place and fight for the UCL but more importantly build for the future .

You've contradicted your own post.

"DL should have started, subs were wrong".... AVB was happy with the squad at the start of the season, (he thought we were good enough). Who decided not to play Luiz... the tea lady? ... the physio?

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually funny that people still think we can win the league this season.

In my opinion, we should focus on the Carling Cup...

I'm not saying it because of the today's result, but is there even a single impressive performance by Chelsea this whole season?

United beat us 3-1, beat Arsenal 8-2. Liverpool beat Arsenal 2-0, Arsenal beat us 5-3, City beat Tottenham 5-1, United 6-1. We got humiliated by United and Arsenal both, City will probably destroy us too.

Where's the creativity we all wanted to see when the season started? Where's the speed? Where's the solid defence?

This is not Chelsea anymore so fuck it

An example of why I am slowly becoming disillusioned with this forum. I'll sign out now before I start berating these so-called supporters.

We weren't good enough today. Arsenal's spirit was impressive, but the Santos goal so soon after half-time properly threw a spanner in the works. Every cloud has a silver lining; we will learn well from our defensive mistakes, I feel. Andre's attacking approach is refreshing and great to see, but of course it only comes under criticism when we lose. I do agree our tactics were again somewhat naive, but Andre is learning and in fairness this was one of those crazy games that could have gone either way. Don't look too much into it.

A poor way to ruin my day off though.

Awfull game.The worst game from Cech and Ivanovic ever.Torres?Where he was?

AVB must do something.

Hoping someone would notice him and pass to him. The support he got was transparent throughout the game, even from Mata.

It is amazing to read some of the comments here. Suddenly we dont have any character? ?? come on it is just a defeat.. they played well took their chances got 3 pts. We have to work on our high line defense then we will be fine. it is not an easy task but we can do it. But I gotta admit this game was an electrifying entertainment for the neutrals. These days chelsea got the attention from the football lovers who love to watch beautiful football. Thanks to AvB.

Another thing I wish to add:

I hope every keeps their senses and their faith in the team and AVB...

Yes the league standings don't look very cheerful atm, but the EPL isn't the only competition Chelsea is taking part this season..And a nine point gap from the leaders is nothing to be overly concerned about at this stage..

Well said matey! and honestly, I wasn't expecting us to win the title this season. It's a fucking work in progress.

It has been 'one of those weeks' I'm afraid to say.

I think our players are suffering from a hangover, not one of them turned up today. Cech must be really disappointment as i think he should of saved 3 of their goals didn't even looklike he was watching the ball? Thought Meireles should of started let alone come on late in the second half. Our players have to take a long look at this result & put things right for the rest of the season. The most disappointing thing about today is arsenal are not a good side, I knew there would be goals but I didnt expect is to be at the wrong end of a bad result, very poor performance by everyone of our players ensured that.

It's not to rocket science that AVB will have to work on our defensive deficiencies we've known that for weeks so I expect changes to be made pronto. Keep the faith people, this is a season of transition in mote ways than one, we will bounce back so get behind our young manager - I still think we will be in the mix come May despite the last 2 games.

I dunno.

I'm not that disappointed? Like I am, but not as much. We were undone by a striker on the form of his life. Van Persie's got 30+ goals in the calender year and he's been scoring regularly anyway.

Defensive stupidities on both sides, but hey, it was a good game (Juan Mata <3). It sucks falling behind the Manchester Duo, but ah well. I was encouraged tbh.

Mikel is like the defensive midfielding opposite of Claude Makelele, whereas Makelele tracked runners and got about the pitch and tackled, Mikel finds new and interesting ways to avoid tracking any runners into the box.

Hit the nail on the head! Why is Mikel in our team.... Ive been saying this since years now. He gives absolutely nothing to the team. Sturridge's passing is horrendous and he wastes too much time on the ball. Frustrating at times.

It's actually funny that people still think we can win the league this season.

In my opinion, we should focus on the Carling Cup...

I'm not saying it because of the today's result, but is there even a single good impressive performance by Chelsea this whole season?

United beat us 3-1, beat Arsenal 8-2. Liverpool beat Arsenal 2-0, Arsenal beat us 5-3, City beat Tottenham 5-1, United 6-1. We got humiliated by United and Arsenal both, City will probably destroy us too.

Where's the creativity we all wanted to see when the season started? Where's the speed? Where's the solid defence?

Not saying that we will win the title but to say it is out of our grasp is a bit premature at this stage of the season. Still a lot of football to be played and you can bet your house that we will still be looking to compete for it.

Yup. Like I said in my previous post, it's just the defense that worries me tbh. We have improved our attack a great deal (although TOrres didn't do anything today) but Mata, Meireles, Sturridge provide what we lacked last season. Whatever AVB feels we lack in that area (Modric or Hazard etc) we'll try to sign in January.

High line does not work. Time to get bnack to the drawing boards!!!

Sturridge will learn. He's had what? 6 + 2 months of first team action. Before that what was he doing? Oh it was reserve team football which is shite compared to the rela deal. He is young and he WILL learn.

Not exactly...it worked well for the first half when the emphasis is on scoring that first goal...

However it needs to be restricted against teams like Arsenal, who can easily tire out our defense...Untill AVB gets a younger Cole or younger Terry in his defense he should limit the use of the high line against good attacking opposition...