Chelsea 3-1 Everton

BlueLion.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata is the type of player we have lacked for years and years! Who needs Modric?

Chelsea? What happens if Mata goes down (god, don't even wanna think it..). Inter are going nowhere. Don't be surprised if Sneidjer ends up at United in the winter transfer. United are as reliant on Rooney as Chelsea are on Mata for that spark. Modric would be wonderful at Chelsea.

Indeed, he also said we were never tested, what about City against Villa? .. Smh

Remember CFC isn't footie friendly. The media hates us, because we challenge l'puke, manure & le arse. Seems that they like man city more as well. I like that fact, so when Chels win, they have to come up w/ excuses why CFC won. Usually they point to Roman's financial assistance. All the while I will be in the background laughing, because I will be carefree ;)

Brilliant stuff today, honestly thought we would drop points today but glad to be proven wrong. Mata was fantastic and lamps and studger put in good performances too. Truth be told couldnt fault most of them today. But im putting mikel for man of the match today because I'm one of his biggest critics at times but he put himself around everywhere today and played his heart out. Not putting too much emphasis on our clean sheet "problem" as long as were playing attacking flowing football and scoring goals. Really hope rambo is ok but it didn't look good, good luck fella.

The exact performance that was required. It was controlled, it was measured and when we had to we were able to be expansive too. Last season we saw it so many times, games where we would have lots of possession, knock it around slowly but look entirely blunt in an attacking sense and either end up with a draw or getting picked off on the counter and losing the game. While we had lots of possession of the ball today and we moved it quite slowly, the huge difference under AVB is that we are able to speed it up when we need to and in Mata and Sturridge we have two explosive, creative players that we didn't have last season.

You couldn't say any of our players played poorly, everyone did well. The standouts were Bosingwa, Mikel, Ramires and Sturridge.

But my choice for MOTM is an easy one, Juan Mata. Sublime, the difference on the day between the two days, it was a stunning performance. The pass to Cole for the first was world class by any standard, the assist for the second was hugely impressive, to control the pass that had been a bit overhit by Drogba and play it into a dangerous area knowing the energetic Ramires is bursting into the box, it was a performance that was class, pure class. Juan Mata has fast become the star of this Chelsea team.

Also I did lol at Sturridge's nickname for Mata, Juanny Cash.

Vital 3 points, we are now only 1 point off Man Utd, we are going about our work quietly but we are very much making ground on the two Manchester clubs and looking impressive in the process, AVB's Chelsea continue to show their title credentials.

We still need 'a Modric' type player to replace lamps tbf, Raul meireles is only here because of a failed Modric bid.

A failed Modric bid yes, but I'm happier with the fact that, we signed a player for half of the transfer fee we would have signed for Modric, and with him doing well, rather than losing Mata to another Premier League side, and gambling on Modric for £40m...

And tbf, Meireles may not be Modric, but he has done well when called upon...

Indeed, he also said we were never tested, what about City against Villa? .. Smh

Agreed. It's tough to be tested when we dominated possession and snuffed out most of their attacks before they could reach the final third. Perhaps that twit commentator should take that into account.

Anyway, this is how a top team should play at home against a perennial mid-table team. Danny showed he still needs some polish, but played a quality match and showed he has the makings of a top player. Certainly hope Ramires is not hurt too seriously. He is quickly becoming an integral part to our side. The late goal that we conceded to the deadly :rolleyes: combination of Drenthe and Vellios was tough to swallow, but overall we looked confident and relaxed. This is what have noticed during the early days of AVB's reign, i.e. the players seem much more free and unrestrained. Their creativity is starting to flow, and it makes for more entertaining football and better results.

good win though not a good game i think. we started really slow but came to the party at the right time. mata was exceptional as usual. lampard, ramires, bosingwa and cole (except for the 1st 10 minutes in which he twice tried to assist everton,,, lol) were quite good. 2 things which bug me the most are not keeping clean sheet and DROGBA. for quite long spells drogba was invisible and seemed disinterested. anyways as i said, a good result.