Chelsea 3-1 Everton

BlueLion.

A failed Modric bid yes, but I'm happier with the fact that, we signed a player for half of the transfer fee we would have signed for Modric, and with him doing well, rather than losing Mata to another Premier League side, and gambling on Modric for £40m...

And tbf, Meireles may not be Modric, but he has done well when called upon...

Hugh? .. Mata has nothing to do with Modric, he would play on the wings with Sturridge and Modric would play behind him.

Meireles hasn't exactly disappointed, but there is a GULF in class between him & Modric, £40m would have been a bargain.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we definitely NEEDED mikel to counter fellaini. and he did that quite well.

Miereles, even Romeu, could have kept up with Fellani. Both those players give us an attacking edge, they initiate counter attacks and even general ones.

I've always defended Mikel's role.. In the old system. This new style, with the high defensive line, and defensive awareness of all the players (Lampard, Mata et al.) all nullified the need for a literal DMF.

Miereles is not a DMF. He's a central player, who will attack more than attack, which could've really helped us today. We should've scored more goals and at times we didn't because Mikel still played the "retention" game. This is not needed now. The system can work without such a defensive player.

Im happy that we are slowly building up steam instead of peaking too soon.

Any negative that could be thought of today should be forgotten about, we beat our bogey team with reletive ease, we didnt creat at a fast rate like we did at Bolton but we did enough and Everton created fuck all, it was as routine a win as we are ever likely to get.

Now when are we getting Tommy's match report?

Miereles, even Romeu, could have kept up with Fellani. Both those players give us an attacking edge, they initiate counter attacks and even general ones.

I've always defended Mikel's role.. In the old system. This new style, with the high defensive line, and defensive awareness of all the players (Lampard, Mata et al.) all nullified the need for a literal DMF.

Miereles is not a DMF. He's a central player, who will attack more than attack, which could've really helped us today. We should've scored more goals and at times we didn't because Mikel still played the "retention" game. This is not needed now. The system can work without such a defensive player.

when you put it that way it makes sense but i feel having that extra bit of security is good and mikel definitely gives us that.