Bolton 1-5 Chelsea

BlueLion.

It was great to see our most threatening attacks coming from the right side. For a couple seasons now it has looked as if all we could do for width is attack from the left. Makes sense though to take advantage of one of the slowest fullbacks (Paul Robinson) in the league.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't deny that Petrov can produce good performances sometimes, he can deliver good crosses... But he has a status of former City player and he wastes 4 opportunities out of 5 in the play, he is slow and makes poor choices although he can produce performances like against MU or Blackpool last season...

Gardner is reconverted, you're right he was a left winger but last season he was injured and when he came back there were no midfielders available so he ended the season in the midfield.

I honestly think that the 3 teams who will go down will be Norwich because they are in constent wasting, they dominate but they loose, they miss 16541785 open goals to score a lonely one, Martin, Holt and Morrisson are not PL Level, they were already huge wasters in the Championship and they still needs 4 occasions to score a goal whereas the PL requieres 0.5 opportunity to score a goal...

I see Swansea with Norwich because they are even as ridiculous in counter attack than Blackpool.

And the 3rd one will be a "surprise" like Blackburn or Bolton

To be honest they have a more than £100m debt bill, Coyle refused to sell Elmander last winter for sporting reasons (it's impressive from him !) and they will be more likely to offload players with a little value they have this winter rather than reforce them against the relegation.

I maintain that Holden was the key, without him they are a sad team without inspiration... the paper does not makes all, on the pitch the players are bad.

About Cahill, if we look closer: he is strong and decent in the air... but is it not the minimal requirement to play in England without which you are dead ? He has a good striker technique in his runs and timings on set pieces, volleys and shooting etc... but he does not impress me as a defender. My opinion is that Dann or Johnson deserve more credit

Bolton aren't that bad to get relegated, they are better than the likes of Wigan and Blackburn I think. Wolves have a good team, I don't know how they get battered most of the time...

It was great to see our most threatening attacks coming from the right side. For a couple seasons now it has looked as if all we could do for width is attack from the left. Makes sense though to take advantage of one of the slowest fullbacks (Paul Robinson) in the league.

Yeah David Luiz had a lot to do with that today...he really knows how to pick a pass...

I think Drogba wasnt too effective simply because since AVB has come, our style has changed and its more of ground passes rather than flighted ones that drogba used to love.....

Our football is alot faster as a result of that but i dont think drogba is suited to that style of play....However he still is quality and will score goals... but he might have to modify his style of play a bit to fit in to this new outlook to our attack.

Lampard seems to have got exactly what he needed by being dropped to the bench for those 3-4 matches.

Players tend to get stale and complacent at times as they grow older.....not that they do it intentionally but it happens.... Lampards minutes at the bench must have given him alot of time to think as well as re ingnite the hunger of forward passing and good runs in the box to score.... starting 11 does not come for free...He learnt that and will now prove it at every chance he gets...

David Luiz is too good.... just to see him pissed off when someone passed the ball back to the goalie instead of moving it ahead was refreshing.... It is too easy to pass it back unnecessarily, and he made sure the person who did that knew that a back pass to the goalie many times does not add momentum to your game...(granted some times the ball has to be passed back)

However, i do have one complaint,..... which is specific to Chelsea, among other top teams.....

Everytime we tend to go up by 2-3 goals....we just think the game is over and start treating the game like a practice game....

Why not go for more and more goals in the same fashion as the last 2-3 goals were scored....

Our speed pf penetration drops significantly, which should not happen.(Its like scoring with a hottie...u give all effort to get her into bed....but once you've got her there...give it a pounding..,,not be happy uve scored and fuck like an old man simply cuz uve scored!)

Dont injure yourself.... but still go for it with the same intensity...

Good game to watch, AVB's subs were fantastic as Bolton looked very good(2nd hf), reminding me of a certain newcastle arsenal game....

Why do international weeks happen so often? Or instead of 2 weeks make it 10 days....meaning instead of playing next to next weekend, Chelsea would play on wednesday after the international weekend.....2 weeks is too long.

Good performance, but i'm not getting over excited. This was a poor Bolton team. I am happy that Lampard scored 3, hopefully now the media will shut up.

Drogba was ok, he clearly lacked fitness, he looked really slow while running for the ball, but he did have good link up play with Lampard.

Good two goals from Sturridge, he could of easily got his third, but oh well. He played well.

David Luiz played excellent, hopefully he starts more often now.

Overall i am happy, but as i said, not getting too excited as we was playing against a poor side.

You can only beat what's out in front of you... and calling Bolton poor is very harsh considering they hit the woodwork and had a goal wrongfully ruled out... would you be calling them a poor side if it had finished 3-5?

You can only beat what's out in front of you... and calling Bolton poor is very harsh considering they hit the woodwork and had a goal wrongfully ruled out... would you be calling them a poor side if it had finished 3-5?

Very harsh? Not at all. Bolton were shocking in the first half. I honestly haven't seen a worse performance by any PL team in quite some time. They were all over the place and their players couldn't be arsed to track back and close down. Don't know how Coyle managed to get them going during HT, but credit to him. The game was well and truly over after half an hour, so their efforts in the 2nd half didn't mean much. We had already moved to 2nd or 3rd gear, it's not as if they were outplaying us. We had simply relaxed during HT and couldn't get our motors running as quickly. We're not Arsenal - we weren't going to lose a four goal lead (and yes, I do remember what almost happened against Bolton at SB in 08)

They were indeed shocking in the first half but that second half performance - considering they were already 4-0 down - demonstrates remarkable character, and there was a period between 46 and 52/53 minutes where we were firmly on the back foot. It wasn't until Lampard scored the fifth that we regained control. Bolton weren't as bad as people are making out; neither were we playing as world-beaters. We simply took our chances well and capitalised on haphazard defending.

I know we can only beat what's out in front of us, that why i said i was happy with our performance, but i'm not going to get over excited.

Also It's not harsh.

They were so poor in the first half, i was shocked. But to be honest Liverpool beat them comfortably as well, so no surprise.

They just let our players run past them, like David Luiz in many occasions.

In the second half they got a bit better, scored one goal, from bad marking. They also should of scored another goal, that should of counted. But just because they scored, doesn't change the fact that they were poor.

AVB hit the nail on the head when he said we created the same volume of chances as in previous games but this time finished them off with better efficiency. A good result and a morale-boosting one - as any game with so many goals is, but not our best performance of the season, that for me remains the one at OT - where we actually played them off the park. Bolton are bottom of the table for a reason, and we saw it yest before the break (but tbf their fixture list hasn't been very encouraging so far), credit to them for the way they made a match of it in the second half though.

I don't get the criticism leveled at Drogba - he was obviously rusty considering the injury and lack of match fitness. Off the pace a couple of times but not any less important in his contributions than either of the other front-3.

A decent win with high entertainment value, all in all. No more and no less.

Everton at home should be a sterner test, shame it's a fortnight away, though I'm sure the lads are a tad tired by the run of games in the last few weeks and will appreciate a tiny break, even accounting for the internationals.

4 - Frank Lampard has scored four goals from just five shots on target in the Premier League this season.

4 - Chelsea have scored four goals in the first 30 minutes of a match for the first time ever in the Premier League.

Most seasons he's had a slow start to the season in terms of goals & always comes out with 20+

Yeah, Lampard said it himself he never starts a season with all guns blazing. He may have 10 games without scoring and it all looks hopeless, then he gets the odd goal and things go on from there. If he gets 12-15 this season, it will be an amazing achievement taking into consideration that he will definitely sit out more games than before. But if he gets 20+ again, then I will have no hesitation calling him superhuman... I already consider him the best Chelsea midfielder of all time and one of the best, if not the best EPL mid of all time, and 20+ again would set the standard hopelessly high for others and I hope he does it.

It makes me laugh when twats say he only scores pens, take out his pens he is still the higest premier league midfield scorer and something like 13th in the whole list and that's with leaving the other players pen's in.

Had a fantastic time up in Bolton, lucky though only just made it to the Reebok with minutes to spare!! Proud to see Super Frankie score a hattrick, and shut up all the doubters. Super Frank is a legend and will always be a legend.