• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Ramires/McEachran-Romeu-Meireles

Drogba-Sturridge-Mata

Substitutions: Would like to see Lukaku come on for about 20 minutes, If Josh isn't playing i would like him to come on for either Meireles or Ramires, and perhaps later on Lampard or someone else.

Biggest worry is Terry, he could be very tired, and with him being long balled the shit out of yesterday, he may very well need to rest, it's a difficult one, but Bos has been playing so many games Ivanovic will have to play right back.

I expect,

----------------Cech----------------------

--Bosingwa--Ivanovic---Luiz--Cole

---------------Meireles--------------------

--------McEachran--Lampard-----------

---Anelka---Drogba---Mata----------

I agree, except I have a feeling Romeu will start this one, perhaps instead of Lampard?

I can understand the logic behind AVB's preference to play Bosingwa over Brana at full back because the natural width Bosingwa gives brings a balance to the team.

However, the recent poor defending at set pieces can almost be entirely blamed on Bosingwa's defensive deficiencies and lack of concentration. Bolton, although they try to play a bit more under Coyle, still have strength at attacking set pieces, so playing Bosingwa would definately be a worry for me.

Therefore in this game I would go with Ivanovic at right back, with David Luiz and Terry in the centre (I assume Alex is still suspended). I expect Lampard to play after getting the goal last night and Ramires' energy is vital. Therefore the holding midfield role will be between Mikel and Meireles. I expect Meireles to take it on the basis that Mikel has played 90 minutes both Saturday and yesterday.

I believe if Sturridge is fit then Drogba may remain on the bench and be given a good half hour. Sturridge, Mata and Anelka as the front three. If Sturridge is not fully fit, then Anelka, Mata and Drogba.

cech

iva luiz alex cole

romeu

rambo raul

sturridge mata

didier

bosingwa seemed tired at the end of valenciz match so ill give him some rest. same reason for terry and also because i think alex can do better at dealing with bolton air balls than jt... i wish romeu can play but it ll most probably be mikel. rest i think is a given. considering bolton's poor start i think they ll play their hearts out so they ll be really quite a challenge but we should get 3 points out of this fixture. COME ON CHEL;SEA, COME ON DIDIER.

Bolton are shite at the mo so no doubt they'll become amazing against us!

I don't really think so, it's funny how I don't expect another result than a crashing... It would be our 9th win on a row and our 9th clean sheet with a goal tally even more table footballesque

We were in a poor form last season, Bolton was leaving the state of grace and they did lose Nat Lofthouse some days before the game. It's quite impressive how this team is nearly as poor as Megson's, Steinsson is crap, Knight is an absolute shame, players with 10 inches less than him can pick him the ball in the air... Reo Coker is Reo Coker, without a player able to make the transition between defense & attack beside him he is poor. Since Holden's injury (and he is out for another 6 months, he is such a fantastic player :() their midfield lacks of creativity, impact, strength... Neither Pratley nor Mark Davies manages to partner NRC properly.

It's one reason of why Ramires went out so "early" yesterday. He played a huge amount of games so far, but it's also because his speed can destroy the slow midfield (I can also say team) of Bolton.

I expect a front 3 with Anelka and Drogba, and a choice has to be done between Sturridge and Mata. Drogba's dependance to another player (considering Anelka is this one) is far less important than Torres' so Mata is not a necessity. Sturridge might be tempted to show Coyle that he is good enough to play at Chelsea so it would be interesting.

Bolton use massively the set pieces, nothing new ; but the what is rather new is that Davies is absolute shite since the start of the season. Like Andy Carroll he manages to do people imagine that his defender is the Premierleague's best. He is awful in the air, and it's been like that at Loserpool, against MU and Norwich. And Coyle (why I find even more similarities with AVB he passed his diplomas with ?) took him off at the 60th minute then at Half Time against Norwich. Conclusion, there is no real threat.

Petrov is also an horrible footballer so Bosingwa will be able to contain him without problems