Bolton 1-5 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Good performance, but i'm not getting over excited. This was a poor Bolton team. I am happy that Lampard scored 3, hopefully now the media will shut up.

Drogba was ok, he clearly lacked fitness, he looked really slow while running for the ball, but he did have good link up play with Lampard.

Good two goals from Sturridge, he could of easily got his third, but oh well. He played well.

David Luiz played excellent, hopefully he starts more often now.

Overall i am happy, but as i said, not getting too excited as we was playing against a poor side.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bolton are a good team, they definitely need a striker no doubt about it, and they could definitely do with another central midfielder, Gardner operates on the wing more, i rate Petrov quite a lot, i think he's got a great left foot, good at cutting in and on the left, Kakuta also they have to play on the left, so Petrov can also play on the right and cut in. Kevin Davies is a good player, bit of a cunt when your the oppesition because of his tackling, but he's good at holding the ball up and doing what he does, being a big nuisence. Reo Coker good player i think, i think he will do well for Bolton, but i definitely think they need another midfielder. Defence is pretty good to be honest, Zat Knight i agree, but have you ever seen David Wheater play?, well i have, as a boro lad i know how good David Wheater is and he's a very special player, he was always going to make it into premier league, last season for the boro he was very poor because he got big headed and new he was going to go into the premier league, especially how he drives his new cars everyday around my area like he doesn't give a fuck, also had a car crash before he left lol, but forget all that, i think Wheater is a very talented player he will definitely be good for Bolton i know he will, he just has a bad attitude.

Robinson was pretty poor, but Sturridge is such a tricky player it's wasn't easy for him to deal with. And as for there right backfrom Iceland, forgot his name i've seen him been pretty solid also. And i don't have to explain about Cahill do i?, i think there a good team, they should be able to finish mid table, not a team who should be fighting for relegation, Elmander offered them a lot yes, but midfield is a problem for them more than anything really, don't know why that Klasnic wasn't playing either... he's scored 3 goals this season... must of been injured.

Though it's a matter of opinion i suppose, but i think there a good team, they've had it hard and i doubt they'll be like this for long, they've got there big games out of the way, now they can fully concenrate on having a new start.

They need one more MF now they have lost Holden one more time.

Gardner is and was used in a more central role, he is more than 32 (I don’t remember precisely) and he lacks speed and sharpness to play on the wing but keeps a good volume of play ; their own Malouda would say some people, and it would make some people happy because he is present in the club since the 98 World Cup so almost 14 seasons (So will Malouda... :chai: :eyebrows: )

Otherwise I can’t stand Petrov, he is really a poor player and having seen this Bolton team maybe 20 times for the last season and this one, he is really a selfish cunt, a slow player who always make poor choices, ignores his team mates except if he wants to moan on them… Coyle maintains his confiance, but he should not do so so Petrov is useless… I have many example for you but I will give the two mains I have in mind:

• Sunderland 1-0 Bolton, Welbeck early goal (around 30mn), Petrov was awful and did shoot from every position, whereas Bolton was running after the score Coyle took him off.
  • Second example, the FA Cup Semi-Final, he is one of the worst players against stoke, he is caught every time in position and one of his loss of possession leads to a Stoke goal (Jones’). Coyle take him off at HT and this twat dress himself in the club smoking and looks the second period from the players tunnel entrance.

I’m sure some people here will say Cool, you can change “Petrov” by “Malouda”. Although I hate Petrov and I like Malouda, if you want to see what is a selfish cunt, look at the RBK not at the Bridge.

About Wheater, like I said to you I saw many games of Bolton last season. And one of the main reasons why I firmly don’t want Cahill in any case at Chelsea (I did explain it in his transfer thread if you want) is that Wheater gave me a better impression than Cahill after the winter ; Cahill who is overrated, unfocused, first player to moan on his team mates and I don’t honestly see any top level ability, he is average in almost all the domains and has some frequent concentration swings… And to be honest I don’t understand why Coyle keeps Knight who is caught in the air by Aguero (even Ferreira could win an aerial challenge against him), whereas he has Wheater who is a solid defender, 100% committed and who has no problem to put any part of his body in opposition, does not play above his real level and is not widely over-rated. Not many people speaks about him but Wheater for less than £3m is one of the recruits of the season… The best example of that is that he was excellent at Birmingham when Bolton won after the winter, Wheater was imperial in the air.

So to be frank with you I really don't share the hype about Cahill who is an average defender like many others, a future Lescott in power... Oh it's amazing they have the same shit and selfish mentality !

Klasnic is suspended after the shameful comedy of the Norwich bald drama queen, he was sent off so he was given a 3 match ban. His presence would have make me wonder about the necessity to play Mikel because this season Klasnic leaves his position upfront and is present in the game, he has developped a great vision and becames a great passer.

I was impressed by Coyle’s work last season, the way they played and by their own maestro Stuart Holden… This season they have a good team on the paper but on the field, yes they played the biggest teams so far and they lack success in what they try but some of the individuals are away, I think about Kevin Davies of course… He is a cunt, but don’t worry, I did saw also the threat he was in the air, he has a foot instead of the wide forehead he already has :lol: His accuracy and timing in the air, his ability to obtain fouls when he jumps just a bit late (in order that the defender would fall on him…)… were impressive in the past. But since the start of the season the simple fact that he goes on the wings to try to win aerial challenges really is an admission of powerlessness, he is born in 1977 so he will be 35 next year… !

I wrote that this summer about Bolton, I did not wrote the 2/2 (individual sheet). Sorry it’s in French :P

http://mypremierleag...n-wanderers-12/

So one good pass means he was good? I need to watch it again but I thought his first touch was poor and didn't make the right runs.

Towards the end of the second half, he wasn't spectacular but then again the entire team had taken the foot off the gas...before that I felt he wasn't getting enough chances himself, bar that one where he got tackled by Knight..

Anyways a win is a win and I'd much rather talk about that...As for Drogba, in a lot of his games he appears to do nothing but intervenes when it matters

just saw the match. awesome performance. just one complaint -again no clean sheet and conceding from a set piece.other wise just brilliant. drog's movement was great, lamps finishing awesome. danny keeps showin why he is considered the next big one. mata's movement gives us that extra bit of flair. all in all the attack seems good while the defense needs to be sorted a little.

Like Terry 07 said, it was an impressive performance but we do also have to look at how poor Bolton were. 2 goals should have been saved by their goalkeeper.

However, what I did find very encouraging was the tempo of our play. We moved the ball very quickly into effective positions and for long spells dominated possession. At one point we had 75% I think. Our fast start was also crucial in my opinion. it seems that as a general rule, when we start quickly we win by a more convincing scoreline. In all of these games we scored within the first 10 minutes:

Bolton 1-5 Chelsea

Chelsea 4-0 Blackpool

Chelsea 6-0 Wigan

Chelsea 3-1 Birmingham

West Ham 1-3 Chelsea

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan

Chelsea 5-0 Watford

Chelsea 7-2 Sunderland

That coyle is bloody brilliant, love the manager me, never gets bitter or holds grudges and very good at being positive and motivating, how he got the team performing like that in 2nd half when your 4-0 down is beyond me, cracking man he is.

Yeah, fully agree with that. Very pragmatic and not over-emo, and when its working, gets his team playing beautiful football up front... He's probably even responsible for the performance of a certain someone today. Hope he can work wonders with Kakuta as well.

Fantastic result

Best players for me: Lampard, Sturridge, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Unimpressed by (not meaning they were bad): Drogba, Bosingwa, Mata

Yeah i would agree with this.. Luiz was just a freaking beast going forward.

They need one more MF now they have lost Holden one more time.

Gardner is and was used in a more central role, he is more than 32 (I don’t remember precisely) and he lacks speed and sharpness to play on the wing but keeps a good volume of play ; their own Malouda would say some people, and it would make some people happy because he is present in the club since the 98 World Cup so almost 14 seasons (So will Malouda... :chai: :eyebrows: )

Otherwise I can’t stand Petrov, he is really a poor player and having seen this Bolton team maybe 20 times for the last season and this one, he is really a selfish cunt, a slow player who always make poor choices, ignores his team mates except if he wants to moan on them… Coyle maintains his confiance, but he should not do so so Petrov is useless… I have many example for you but I will give the two mains I have in mind:

• Sunderland 1-0 Bolton, Welbeck early goal (around 30mn), Petrov was awful and did shoot from every position, whereas Bolton was running after the score Coyle took him off.
  • Second example, the FA Cup Semi-Final, he is one of the worst players against stoke, he is caught every time in position and one of his loss of possession leads to a Stoke goal (Jones’). Coyle take him off at HT and this twat dress himself in the club smoking and looks the second period from the players tunnel entrance.

I’m sure some people here will say Cool, you can change “Petrov” by “Malouda”. Although I hate Petrov and I like Malouda, if you want to see what is a selfish cunt, look at the RBK not at the Bridge.

About Wheater, like I said to you I saw many games of Bolton last season. And one of the main reasons why I firmly don’t want Cahill in any case at Chelsea (I did explain it in his transfer thread if you want) is that Wheater gave me a better impression than Cahill after the winter ; Cahill who is overrated, unfocused, first player to moan on his team mates and I don’t honestly see any top level ability, he is average in almost all the domains and has some frequent concentration swings… And to be honest I don’t understand why Coyle keeps Knight who is caught in the air by Aguero (even Ferreira could win an aerial challenge against him), whereas he has Wheater who is a solid defender, 100% committed and who has no problem to put any part of his body in opposition, does not play above his real level and is not widely over-rated. Not many people speaks about him but Wheater for less than £3m is one of the recruits of the season… The best example of that is that he was excellent at Birmingham when Bolton won after the winter, Wheater was imperial in the air.

So to be frank with you I really don't share the hype about Cahill who is an average defender like many others, a future Lescott in power... Oh it's amazing they have the same shit and selfish mentality !

Klasnic is suspended after the shameful comedy of the Norwich bald drama queen, he was sent off so he was given a 3 match ban. His presence would have make me wonder about the necessity to play Mikel because this season Klasnic leaves his position upfront and is present in the game, he has developped a great vision and becames a great passer.

I was impressed by Coyle’s work last season, the way they played and by their own maestro Stuart Holden… This season they have a good team on the paper but on the field, yes they played the biggest teams so far and they lack success in what they try but some of the individuals are away, I think about Kevin Davies of course… He is a cunt, but don’t worry, I did saw also the threat he was in the air, he has a foot instead of the wide forehead he already has :lol: His accuracy and timing in the air, his ability to obtain fouls when he jumps just a bit late (in order that the defender would fall on him…)… were impressive in the past. But since the start of the season the simple fact that he goes on the wings to try to win aerial challenges really is an admission of powerlessness, he is born in 1977 so he will be 35 next year… !

I wrote that this summer about Bolton, I did not wrote the 2/2 (individual sheet). Sorry it’s in French :P

http://mypremierleag...n-wanderers-12/

You have watched much more Bolton games than me, i probably watched about 6-7 games of them last season, including all match of the day highlights, but that doesn't count that much. I don't think he's a terrible player at all, i think he's good, he can't be that bad, because i havent seen him that bad. It's good you've noticed wheaters ability, i've watched him play many times, mostly for Middlesbrough and he was always good, went on a dip last season with them when Strachan was manager, but i already explained why that is. And i thought Gardner was a natural left winger?, i usually see him there, my bad. I still think Davies is a good player despite he is getting old, he offers ability still. I don't think there a bad team, i think they will get better, there is worse teams in my opinion. Cahill, saw him in every bolton match last season, was solid defender, you watching more games you possibly do have a more solid opinion than i do, and truthful, but i think Cahill is very good, did well for England too, certainly not an average defender, a good one who should be playing for a better team than Bolton, Spurs would suit him, i agree he's not world class, but he's a good defender.

You have watched much more Bolton games than me, i probably watched about 6-7 games of them last season, including all match of the day highlights, but that doesn't count that much. I don't think he's a terrible player at all, i think he's good, he can't be that bad, because i havent seen him that bad. It's good you've noticed wheaters ability, i've watched him play many times, mostly for Middlesbrough and he was always good, went on a dip last season with them when Strachan was manager, but i already explained why that is. And i thought Gardner was a natural left winger?, i usually see him there, my bad. I still think Davies is a good player despite he is getting old, he offers ability still. I don't think there a bad team, i think they will get better, there is worse teams in my opinion. Cahill, saw him in every bolton match last season, was solid defender, you watching more games you possibly do have a more solid opinion than i do, and truthful, but i think Cahill is very good, did well for England too, certainly not an average defender, a good one who should be playing for a better team than Bolton, Spurs would suit him, i agree he's not world class, but he's a good defender.

I don't deny that Petrov can produce good performances sometimes, he can deliver good crosses... But he has a status of former City player and he wastes 4 opportunities out of 5 in the play, he is slow and makes poor choices although he can produce performances like against MU or Blackpool last season...

Gardner is reconverted, you're right he was a left winger but last season he was injured and when he came back there were no midfielders available so he ended the season in the midfield.

I honestly think that the 3 teams who will go down will be Norwich because they are in constent wasting, they dominate but they loose, they miss 16541785 open goals to score a lonely one, Martin, Holt and Morrisson are not PL Level, they were already huge wasters in the Championship and they still needs 4 occasions to score a goal whereas the PL requieres 0.5 opportunity to score a goal...

I see Swansea with Norwich because they are even as ridiculous in counter attack than Blackpool.

And the 3rd one will be a "surprise" like Blackburn or Bolton

To be honest they have a more than £100m debt bill, Coyle refused to sell Elmander last winter for sporting reasons (it's impressive from him !) and they will be more likely to offload players with a little value they have this winter rather than reforce them against the relegation.

I maintain that Holden was the key, without him they are a sad team without inspiration... the paper does not makes all, on the pitch the players are bad.

About Cahill, if we look closer: he is strong and decent in the air... but is it not the minimal requirement to play in England without which you are dead ? He has a good striker technique in his runs and timings on set pieces, volleys and shooting etc... but he does not impress me as a defender. My opinion is that Dann or Johnson deserve more credit

Lol, he did at first when he scored the goal, must of been a big rush for him then remembered and yeah, stopped. Still though very good lad, and he knows how much Bolton done for his career.

He was like: yaaayyy.. oh wait :lol:

Nice seeing him do that though. He showed respect to the Bolton fans. I really appreciate it when footballers do that.

I knew the combintation of Mata and Lampard can be great, people were just too busy in bashing Lampard all the time...

With the improvement in the form of Sturridge and Torres things look realy good actually.

One more thing, Meireles was decent since he came, but i want to see more! i want to see him upront, he can give us much more than that imo.

Three last premier league games, three goals conceded. All from set pieces.

Indeed, blaming the goals conceded on the ‘attacking formation’ is void. Set piece situations mean more men back, time to organise etc. So the argument that with this attacking formation we should ‘expect’ to concede is a twisted logic on recent evidence, considering where the last 3 goals have derived from.