Bolton 1-5 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy today, this is the improvement we need!, i have been looking for this for a fucking year now. With AVB's attacking formation means conceding more goals than usual, so people we need to get used to it. I missed the last 35 minutes of second half, had to go somewhere unfortunately, but kept updated with my iphone on the score. Bolton aren't a bad team at all, so don't go on about that, you think about it they've had the harshest start out of anyone so far, they've played the top 5 teams already, i'm sure they will do just fine. That coyle is bloody brilliant, love the manager me, never gets bitter or holds grudges and very good at being positive and motivating, how he got the team performing like that in 2nd half when your 4-0 down is beyond me, cracking man he is. Impressed with the team, especially Sturridge, he is showing improvement on that right wing instead of just going for shots all the time.

Ivanovic came on i see and played very well?, that's good, but still Bosingwa should start ahead of him simply because he's more offensive and a good runner in the team, he offers a lot. Lampard proved me wrong, i thought he would give another under performing game and it was just a bit of hype, but well done to him, hope he keeps playing like this and actually realises he can't get a keep playing shit and starting every game at the same time. Mata worked well with him, Ramires good as usual didn't do any of his magic thought today, well not from what i seen of the match, still good though. Meireles did all he could as CDM, wasn't perfect defensivly but he offered pace in the midfield and always kept it kicking and pumping instead of slowing play.

But at least it looks like the manager sorted it out with subs, with Ivan and Mikel, god knows what bolton could of done, they could of made a good comeback, no surprises when thinking about it with Coyle however. Very impressed with the team good to see good football played we've never had this in ages, were showing signs. Free kick, to be fair the defending wasn't extremely poor at all, it was a good free kick in a dangerous area, i think it could of happened to anyone, what pisses you off is we conceded from another free kick, wasn't on we could of easily stopped like the other two, i thought it was a good free kick.

Sturridge is destined to score lol. I will quote this comment when he does score hahahah. :D

Hhahahahahhaha well i told you before the game even started and he did. I just knew the Bolton defence would not be able to handle him, he is better then Welbeck in my opinion !

It's sad that we conceded the early goal in the 2nd half which gave Bolton some momentum, and hence we had to bring on Iva and Mikel to slow the game down. Which meant we couldn't give Lukaku a bit of playing time since we had already used two subs. At the beginning of the match I was disappointed that Josh wasn't on the bench but I guess in the end it didn't matter.

Overall, great performance but we shouldn't get carried away because that Bolton side in the first half were absolutely shocking. Very impressed with our passing and movement today. We're getting there!

Hhahahahahhaha well i told you before the game even started and he did. I just knew the Bolton defence would not be able to handle him, he is better then Welbeck in my opinion !

I think he's much better than Welbeck, Welbeck relies on too much assistance, where Sturridge can craft magic out of nothing, i think he's a much better shooter too and has a lot more trickery, i find him more special than Welbeck. I bet during this season the media will have Sturridge Vs Welbeck debate.

Bolton aren't a bad team at all, so don't go on about that, you think about it they've had the harshest start out of anyone so far, they've played the top 5 teams already, i'm sure they will do just fine. That coyle is bloody brilliant, love the manager me, never gets bitter or holds grudges and very good at being positive and motivating, how he got the team performing like that in 2nd half when your 4-0 down is beyond me, cracking man he is. Impressed with the team, especially Sturridge, he is showing improvement on that right wing instead of just going for shots all the time.

Ivanovic came on i see and played very well?, that's good, but still Bosingwa should start ahead of him simply because he's more offensive and a good runner in the team, he offers a lot. Lampard proved me wrong, i thought he would give another under performing game and it was just a bit of hype, but well done to him, hope he keeps playing like this and actually realises he can't get a keep playing shit and starting every game at the same time. Mata worked well with him, Ramires good as usual didn't do any of his magic thought today, well not from what i seen of the match, still good though. Meireles did all he could as CDM, wasn't perfect defensivly but he offered pace in the midfield and always kept it kicking and pumping instead of slowing play.

But at least it looks like the manager sorted it out with subs, with Ivan and Mikel, god knows what bolton could of done, they could of made a good comeback, no surprises when thinking about it with Coyle however. Very impressed with the team good to see good football played we've never had this in ages, were showing signs. Free kick, to be fair the defending wasn't extremely poor at all, it was a good free kick in a dangerous area, i think it could of happened to anyone, what pisses you off is we conceded from another free kick, wasn't on we could of easily stopped like the other two, i thought it was a good free kick.

I can hardly agree with you about Bolton, this team is very poor when we look back to last season the comparison is terrible… Even if I completely agree with you about Coyle who is a fantastic manager who manages to obtain the best of his players (Weiss, Holden, Elmander, Wilshere, Sturridge, Rodrigo Moreno and even Robinson and Knight), the team he has this season is awfully poor…

Knight is far from the level he showed last season, his team mate Cahill is of course not the first player to try to bring the team upfront (it’s easier to moan !). Robinson and Steinsson were more than decent last season, defensively and offensively and this season they are often late and they concede sloppy fouls. No need to explain Kevin Davies’s case, he is over and it’s not the performances he makes since the start of the season which would make me change my mind ; his game today does not derogate from what he does… Unable to win an aerial challenge, he offsets his axial position and tries to win challenges on the wings against the full-backs, without success…

The main issue is since Holden is out, the midfield lacks substance… They play in 4-4-2 and Holden was the perfect player for this shape because of his high volume of play and his ability to defend (mainly tackles) and go forward. Since Cunt Evans injured him, Coyle tried Ricardo Gardner, Elmander etc… at his place but nobody is able to replace the American.

Reo-Coker is rather decent since the start of the season but he cannot hold the team on his own shoulders and we all know that if he is a good tackler, he is very poor when he goes forward… Though he still does so, which leads to an imbalance. And when his partner is Mark Davies (though I’m impressed by some actions of him, he plays on AC and disappears during longs periods, defends badly…) then Bolton’s midfield is a sieve. The Pratley/Reo-Coker is decent but lacks of creativity, the touch of magic that did bring Holden…

Usually Bogdan is very interesting on his line (I saw him a couple of times last season) but struggles in the air, today, like every young goalkeeper he had difficulties to forgot a mistake and playing again…

I don’t think that Coyle is threatened by a possible sack, the injury record they have for the last 6 months is incredible. But it does not prevent from the fact that we played an awfully poor team of Bolton

Otherwise, if Mata’s vision was noticeable on some actions, his lack of energy was obvious during the game with mis-placed passes and missed controls. He should not have played this game and I’m happy to see I was wrong because I did think that a Bolton twat could have broken him down. I think it’s the same with Ramires, the first signs of tiredness are underlined. To be honest I did wonder when it would come eventually, he is playing at such an intense level since last November !

About Bosingwa, the question is wide… On the one hand he is an offensive right back, and our best player in this domain. But on the other hand he is stereotyped when he goes forward, one of AVB’s decisions was to say to the full backs not staying upfront but rather going forward from deeper… when Bosingwa runs upfront he looks at his boots before stopping him in the last tier, it’s not really the best way to create any kind of dangerous situation because he will play backwards or to a player leaving his position. He is still very poor defensively, not only he did not play against a really tough skilly winger (Mikel or Ramires could intercept a cutting inside from a winger) but he is also very poor in his marking. I don’t think only about his set-pieces defending, yes he is more mobile than Steinsson (the way he marked Kyrgiakos at Anfield was so funny :lol:) but he does not even understand to place him between the goal and the striker…

If we put Ivanovic there, yes he is less offensive than José, but the fact is that he has improving… When we remember the timid RB who did not cross the line and the Ivanovic who did not hesitate to play relays and cross just before the goal line… The main issue is that the more we play Ivanovic at RB, the more he mixes his marks between what requires a RB spot and a CB spot… And when we look at Alex’s form, the presence of a CB who does not leave his position to play a challenge in the adverse half is more than needed for the Champions League games by example.

So keeping Bosingwa there is the less worse option, I was the first to defend him last season because he lacked support but I have to say that even with Ramires’ presence (which helps him a lot, no problem with that) he keeps making poor choices. But because we haven’t anybody else to put there, he has to stay the RB…

About the DMC, Villas Boas made the best choice today because Bolton is not a team which features now a player who likes to play between the lines like were Sturridge last season for them, Rooney of course for MU etc… Playing Meireles is a good thing, of course he is not a completely defensive minded player like you said but he is a good hub and can maintain the tempo of play by his one touch passing. The only thing I don’t want anymore is playing a team featuring a 9½ with Meireles in front of the defense

I can hardly agree with you about Bolton, this team is very poor when we look back to last season the comparison is terrible… Even if I completely agree with you about Coyle who is a fantastic manager who manages to obtain the best of his players (Weiss, Holden, Elmander, Wilshere, Sturridge, Rodrigo Moreno and even Robinson and Knight), the team he has this season is awfully poor…

Knight is far from the level he showed last season, his team mate Cahill is of course not the first player to try to bring the team upftont (it’s easier to moan !). Robinson and Steinsson were more than decent last season, defensively and offensively and this season they are often late and they concede sloppy fouls. No need to explain Kevin Davies’s case, he is over and it’s not the performances he makes since the start of the season which would make me change my mind ; his game today does not derogate from what he does… Unable to win an aerial challenge, he offsets his axial position and tries to win challenges against the full-backs, without success…

The main issue is since Holden is out, the midfield lacks substance… They play in 4-4-2 and Holden was the perfect player for this shape because of his high volume of play and his ability to defend (mainly tackles) and go forward. Since Cunt Evans injured him, Coyle tried Ricardo Gardner, Elmander etc… at his place but nobody is able to replace the American.

Reo-Coker is rather decent since the start of the season but he cannot hold the team on his own shoulders and we all know that if he is a good tackler, he is very poor when he goes forward… Though he still does so, which leads to an imbalance. And when his partner is Mark Davies (though I’m impressed by some actions of him, he plays on AC and disappears during longs periods, defends badly…) then Bolton’s midfield is a sieve. The Pratley/Reo-Coker is decent but lacks of creativity, the touch of magic that did bring Holden…

Usually Bogdan is very interesting on his line (I saw him a couple of times last season) but struggles in the air, today, like every young goalkeeper he had difficulties to forgot a mistake and playing again…

I don’t think that Coyle is threatened by a possible sack, the injury record they have for the last 6 months is incredible. But it does not prevent from the fact that we played an awfully poor team of Bolton

Otherwise, if Mata’s vision was noticeable on some actions, his lack of energy was obvious during the game with mis-placed passes and missed controls. He should not have played this game and I’m happy to see I was wrong because I did think that a Bolton twat could have broken him down. I think it’s the same with Ramires, the first signs of tiredness are underlined. To be honest I did wonder when it would come eventually, he is playing at such an intense level since last November !

About Bosingwa, the question is wide… On the one hand he is an offensive right back, and our best player in this domain. But on the other hand he is stereotyped when he goes forward, one of AVB’s decisions was to say to the full backs not staying upfront but rather going forward from deeper… when Bosingwa runs upfront he looks at his boots before stopping him in the last tier, it’s not really the best way to create any kind of dangerous situation because he will play backwards or to a player leaving his position. He is still very poor defensively, not only he did not play against a really tough skilly winger (Mikel or Ramires could intercept a cutting inside from a winger) but he is also very poor in his marking. I don’t think only about his set-pieces defending, yes he is more mobile than Steinsson (the way he marked Kyrgiakos at Anfield was so funny :lol:) but he does not even understand to place him between the goal and the striker…

If we put Ivanovic there, yes he is less offensive than José, but the fact is that he has improving… When we remember the timid RB who did not cross the line and the Ivanovic who did not hesitate to play relays and cross just before the goal line… The main issue is that the more we play Ivanovic at RB, the more he mixes his marks between what requires a RB spot and a CB spot… And when we look at Alex’s form, the presence of a CB who does not leave his position to play a challenge in the adverse half is more than needed for the Champions League games by example.

So keeping Bosingwa there is the less worse option, I was the first to defend him last season because he lacked support but I have to say that even with Ramires’ presence (which helps him a lot, no problem with that) he keeps making poor choices. But because we haven’t anybody else to put there, he has to stay the RB…

About the DMC, Villas Boas made the best choice today because Bolton is not a team which features now a player who likes to play between the lines like were Sturridge last season for them, Rooney of course for MU etc… Playing Meireles is a good thing, of course he is not a completely defensive minded player like you said but he is a good hub and can maintain the tempo of play by his one touch passing. The only thing I don’t want anymore is playing a team featuring a 9½ with Meireles in front of the defense

I think Bolton are a good team, they definitely need a striker no doubt about it, and they could definitely do with another central midfielder, Gardner operates on the wing more, i rate Petrov quite a lot, i think he's got a great left foot, good at cutting in and on the left, Kakuta also they have to play on the left, so Petrov can also play on the right and cut in. Kevin Davies is a good player, bit of a cunt when your the oppesition because of his tackling, but he's good at holding the ball up and doing what he does, being a big nuisence. Reo Coker good player i think, i think he will do well for Bolton, but i definitely think they need another midfielder. Defence is pretty good to be honest, Zat Knight i agree, but have you ever seen David Wheater play?, well i have, as a boro lad i know how good David Wheater is and he's a very special player, he was always going to make it into premier league, last season for the boro he was very poor because he got big headed and new he was going to go into the premier league, especially how he drives his new cars everyday around my area like he doesn't give a fuck, also had a car crash before he left lol, but forget all that, i think Wheater is a very talented player he will definitely be good for Bolton i know he will, he just has a bad attitude.

Robinson was pretty poor, but Sturridge is such a tricky player it's wasn't easy for him to deal with. And as for there right backfrom Iceland, forgot his name i've seen him been pretty solid also. And i don't have to explain about Cahill do i?, i think there a good team, they should be able to finish mid table, not a team who should be fighting for relegation, Elmander offered them a lot yes, but midfield is a problem for them more than anything really, don't know why that Klasnic wasn't playing either... he's scored 3 goals this season... must of been injured.

Though it's a matter of opinion i suppose, but i think there a good team, they've had it hard and i doubt they'll be like this for long, they've got there big games out of the way, now they can fully concenrate on having a new start.

Danny showed class by not over celebrating

Lol, he did at first when he scored the goal, must of been a big rush for him then remembered and yeah, stopped. Still though very good lad, and he knows how much Bolton done for his career.