Chelsea 4-1 Swansea

BlueLion.

Guest justin_3d

argh !

Don't got a premium account?

PM and i might let you use my Filserve account, since it's about to expire in a couple of days.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching MotD. Mark Lawrenson says that Torres never actually made any connection with his two footed tackle. He shouldn't have made it in the first place, but it annoys me that if true, the Swansea player fell to the ground holding his shin when there was no contact.

There are never too many passes or touches.

I rather see a player who is looking for space than the one who makes the quick pass and fucks it.

100% agree. It's all well and good people saying Mikel slows the ball well for defensive aspects of the game. That's great if we're on the defensive, but when you're constantly on the attack, which is what AVB wants from his side, what does Mikel really offer in the way of that? It's like when people talk about his pass success rate. His rate might be brilliant, but look at the passes he's making. For the most part they're either side to side or backwards. As I said before, I have no problem with him. I just don't see how he fits into the attack minded side that AVB is trying to put together.

Just watching MotD. Mark Lawrenson says that Torres never actually made any connection with his two footed tackle. He shouldn't have made it in the first place, but it annoys me that if true, the Swansea player fell to the ground holding his shin when there was no contact.

Feel the same. But Mike dean would have probably red carded him.... even if the player didn't go down anyway :lol:

have a sympathy rep ...we've all done the same ...or at least I have

I made one late at night about why Torres doesn't just need one goal, he needs a at least 2-3 in a match. You can see it in the man of the match man united thread, quite a large post, well the next day i just thought what the hell and typed it again. But it is a bastard nightmare when it happens, sometimes you don't click it properly and if you click it again you think it might be a double post, but you don't... then you realies... yeah.

100% agree. It's all well and good people saying Mikel slows the ball well for defensive aspects of the game. That's great if we're on the defensive, but when you're constantly on the attack, which is what AVB wants from his side, what does Mikel really offer in the way of that? It's like when people talk about his pass success rate. His rate might be brilliant, but look at the passes he's making. For the most part they're either side to side or backwards. As I said before, I have no problem with him. I just don't see how he fits into the attack minded side that AVB is trying to put together.

No no, that siodeways and backwards isn't true.

Watch in 37th minute, how he made a vertical pass towards Meireles who wanted to make a quick pass for Mata, but he passed to a Swansea defender.

Sometimes it's better to keep the ball...

RS is dead for the download community!

They used to be good, but after they stop giving any sort of benefits to capers, it died.

Best bet is to get Filesonic, Fileserve, or Hotfile premium account. As you will get more links for these from many different things.

Thanks for the links Justin!

Was so happy the way we played yesterday, albeit kind of open at times, it's exciting and we are actually cutting through teams like a knife through butter which we haven't done since that run at the end of the 09/10 campaign. AVB really is the man, he actually does have the balls to leave the likes of Lampard out and it paid dividends yesterday. The score coulda ended up like 6-3 but even with 10 men, we played the same way pretty much, we can handle losing a player because we have only 1 main striker anyway. 4-5-1 and 4-4-1 sets up in the same kind of shape, you still have a player on the right and left and 2 in the middle so the cover is adequate if you think about it. We're used to playing 1 up front and we know how to play 4 in midfield so i wasn't even worried when Nando did his Essien impersonation.

Roll on Valencia away, i'd take a draw n run if i'm honest.

Is there any chance to complain, and to reduce this 3 match ban to 1 or 2 match ban...because there was no contact between players at all....???

I watched the game yesterday evening because of my coaching duties :P

First of all I’m happy with the lineup, it’s well known that Swansea is a team which struggles in counter attack situations and the advantage on the scoreboard was concretized by two great counter-attacks of our best player in that domain. The second goal of Ramires a great example of Swansea’s weakness, even if Cole then Torres’ accuracy to pass the ball in a mouse hole was impressive.

During the first half it was clear that the team featured a 4-man line Mata-Meireles-Ramires-Anelka above Mikel in a 4-1-4-1 shape and with the full backs at level of Mikel and not higher like it was the habit in the recent past. Later, it was Anelka-Ramires-Mata with Torres leaving his position upfront and gives a ball above the defense for Mata (Ramires’ chance in the first half).

I liked the performance of that 4 players, Mata was impressive with his utilization of the ball ; Meireles with his activity in center/left area ; Anelka with his accuracy and sharpness. I did find Ramires excellent in the role he had yesterday, he wasn’t too low on the pitch and this high position did free him of the distribution he is constrained to do even a little. Higher like that, it allowed him to be even faster in the last tier.

Like at Old Trafford last week-end, his high positioning allowed him to press the adverse midfield, thing that was capital in the success over Swansea.

I watched Swansea-West Bromwich Albion last week and the fact is that WBA did only run after the ball because neither Mulumbu neither Scharner had the idea or reflex to press Allen/Gower and especially Britton who did, then, shine in front of the defense with his fluid distribution. The high positioning of the team and especially Ramires’ allowed to counter Swansea’s tactics and prevent them to deploy their ball circulation. Except on a few phases, Swansea could not build correctly their play on the ground.

I was happy with Mikel’s performance, like since the start of the pre-season he gives the impression to have clear instructions not stopping his runs at the midway line, he made runs with the balls and made himself available higher. And it’s a great opportunity for him to enlarge his palette.

One that disappointed me is clearly Bosingwa, has no shortage of balls and has not been left out but there's not had much of interest in his choices, I pass on centers in the Shed and his perfect marking between the player and the goal of Williams ... but the rest was not so exciting. Certainly it has more juice than last season but Bosingwa stone-pusher was not too far. Defensively he was not facing catastrophic Sinclair, though he was aspired a little too easily on some actions. Decent defensive performance was mainly because Ivanovic or Mikel/Ramires were not too far knowing that the game of Sinclair (as Dyer’s) is essentially cut inside and play relays. Mikel, Ivanovic Ramires and also were able to cut transmissions between the wingers and then attack ; again a Swansea’s strong point which was well managed and contained by Chelsea. The composition and this last point shows the ability to adapt to the opponent in order to win more without endangering (let's be honest Cech was strongly bored)

See Lampard with his bib, it made me sad, see him leaving the bench before the end of the game, even more (but it does not worry me when I see the upcoming games). But it is clear that if we put Luiz instead of Ivanovic and if we drop Bosingwa for Bran, it looks like the pretty ideal lineup at the moment. Meireles by the speed of his one-touch play is the perfect partner for Ramires which speed with ball is well established.

We have Mikel who is trying to play faster and continue to be a hub at the same time that he does not stop his run upfront anymore. Forward, we can associate with Torres, Mata, whose role is not needed to expand on, while the presence of Anelka can be the best offensive pair including Torres at the moment.

And of course Welcome Back the Drog, superb goal without looking to see if the ball goes directly in the back of the net !