Chelsea 4-1 Swansea

BlueLion.

but I think the defending was poor in the first few mins of the 2nd half when they had a flurry of corners. Mikel saved our asses by making some crucial interceptions and clearances. If they had managed to score we would have been in trouble

That was because we didn't have possesion and we were without 10 men, before we realised were much better than Swansea then we started to do something about it. To be honest i still think the defending was good, we were just keeping safe and kicking it out, and you can't say they were bad crosses by Swansea can you, i thought they were very good at catching them on Taylor's head all the time.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was because we didn't have possesion and we were without 10 men, before we realised were much better than Swansea then we started to do something about it. To be honest i still think the defending was good, we were just keeping safe and kicking it out, and you can't say they were bad crosses by Swansea can you, i thought they were very good at catching them on Taylor's head all the time.

Yes but when balls are crossed into the box... our players aren't in the right places which is worrisome. The Bosingwa mistake I won't criticize that much because we were 3-0 and the game was going nowhere but right after HT and at 2-0 where a goal for them would have changed the entire momentum of the game... I think we should have had more concentration and awareness at the back during those few minutes.

Anyway, we were much better defensively overall today as compared to recent weeks and also you're right, we were playing with 10 men.

To those saying Mikel was MotM I'd have to disagree. I'm not somebody who gets on Mikels back because I think for the most part he's fine. But as a squad, Chelsea quite often play slow. Then you get days like today, where at times we really pick up the pace. For me, Mikel kills that pace when we do actually achieve it. I'm sure he could adapt to it if need be, but at the moment he just kills any speedy build up we might have.

Happy with the win today, good show all round for the most part. Daft Challenge from Torres but feel the red was too harsh. The yellow for Mata was definitely not called for. Ramires stepped up and Didier and Nando on the score sheet. What more could you want?... slightly better defending on set pieces because we were exposed the exact same way last week, but I'm sure that will improve.

In my humble opinion, our biggest problem has a name: Bosingwa. I don't mean to be harsh, but he's way too inconstant in the defense and his crosses are really really poor. I'd rather prefer Ivanovic as RB. I know he's a central defender, but I feel safer with him there than with Bosingwa.

I am not an expert, but that's the way I see things.

Edited by Cosmin

Yes but when balls are crossed into the box... our players aren't in the right places which is worrisome. The Bosingwa mistake I won't criticize that much because we were 3-0 and the game was going nowhere but right after HT and at 2-0 where a goal for them would have changed the entire momentum of the game... I think we should have had more concentration and awareness at the back during those few minutes.

Anyway, we were much better defensively overall today as compared to recent weeks and also you're right, we were playing with 10 men.

Some crosses you just can't stop, that's why when defending them you can only do the best you can do. I thought we defended well today, It may of been Swansea, but i think against a decent premier league team we would of done good. Just our set piece defending... oh dear.

Guest justin_3d

To those saying Mikel was MotM I'd have to disagree. I'm not somebody who gets on Mikels back because I think for the most part he's fine. But as a squad, Chelsea quite often play slow. Then you get days like today, where at times we really pick up the pace. For me, Mikel kills that pace when we do actually achieve it. I'm sure he could adapt to it if need be, but at the moment he just kills any speedy build up we might have.

Happy with the win today, good show all round for the most part. Daft Challenge from Torres but feel the red was too harsh. The yellow for Mata was definitely not called for. Ramires stepped up and Didier and Nando on the score sheet. What more could you want?... slightly better defending on set pieces because we were exposed the exact same way last week, but I'm sure that will improve.

I think you saw how slow he was during the first 20 mins.

When Torres tries to up the rhythm and pace of our team, we make too many touches, do sideways passing or backward passing.

It's still a work in progress.

From the game in the Carling, Romeu looked much better for that style that might suit Torres. Quicker rotation of the ball.

But Romeu defending ain't as superior as Mikel.

Mikel even though a bit slow in passing, is still a good defensive mid.

On games where we need help for our defenders, Mikel is your man. But when need to be more open, i would go for Romeu.

And as some people here are pointing out, Bosingwa is starting to decline. Had one or two good games, and now is a conundrum. I think our RB was more solid with Ivan, even though he is not as explosive or has that much pace like A. Cole or Bos.

Edited by justin_3d

He slows things down, but he's also a very safe player. Maybe he can develope to be faster on the ball, AVB will sort that out. But today he was the best man on the pitch, he sorted everything out and kept it flowing, he was a big reason why we done well with 10 men, in a way i might prefare slow players because they are safe and cool the game down, they are very important to have when you are drawing or winning. Only thing is i think Mikel needs more pace, not too much, i like his strong character because he can just shield off anyone when he wants, but when it comes to breaking down speedy play, and breaking up a running triangle, sometimes it goes wrong because he hasn't got the pace to keep up, he then has to leave it to the defence. But i think he was the best man on the pitch, people have other opinions and so do you, you prefare him to be quicker with the ball, i prefare him to keep the game safe than sorry.

Man U Draw... Its back on.... they are more defensively open than us... so lets drop the bosingwa talk,,, what he provides to us, no other right back does that for any other team in the PL so its a positive trade off.

It's on for City, for us?, very highly doubt it. I think it will be a big accomplishment for us to get 3rd to be honest, going to be a hard season for us, we didn't spend and we will pay the price. Because we can garauntee with our small squad, some main players will get injuries, and it will fuck us up. I think we could have a huge chance if Essien comes back in January and starts playing really really well, but i don't think he's coming back then, that might be too early, and i very much doubt he will be back and playing well, he will probably be out of form like he was last season.

It's on for City, for us?, very highly doubt it. I think it will be a big accomplishment for us to get 3rd to be honest, going to be a hard season for us, we didn't spend and we will pay the price. Because we can garauntee with our small squad, some main players will get injuries, and it will fuck us up. I think we could have a huge chance if Essien comes back in January and starts playing really really well, but i don't think he's coming back then, that might be too early, and i very much doubt he will be back and playing well, he will probably be out of form like he was last season.

Actually we have a deeper squad then United. Their match against Stoke just proved that without Rooney they are not the same team. Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Berbatov and Owen? They are good players, but not that good. Without Rooney and Nani flying around like they usually do, those can hardly lift and lead the team.

Actually we have a deeper squad then United. Their match against Stoke just proved that without Rooney they are not the same team. Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Berbatov and Owen? They are good players, but not that good. Without Rooney and Nani flying around like they usually do, those can hardly lift and lead the team.

But known Uniteds luck, if rooney gets injured for a bit, Berbatov will jump straight into form for them, it happened last season, Rooney was out of form, Berbatov was scoring goals for fun, Berbatov goes out of form and starts missing sitters, Rooney comes back and starts scoring goals for fun. We might have a deeper squad but when it comes to quality?, Giggs can't play every game, but in midfield they have the likes of Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson and Cleverly, and that's central midfield, where as we still lack creativity and good wingers, United have good wingers and creativity, not the best of creativity however, that's why if Anderson doesn't play well they are fucked in my opinion. And against Stoke he was pretty poor, they should of got Sneijder it looks like.

I still think we lack something in the team, however i could be wrong, today was very impressive, if Torres stayed on the pitchm i think we would of had a fantastic result a much better one, but i could be wrong abotu that too.