Chelsea 4-1 Swansea

BlueLion.

Torres and Drogba have scored......We are getting there..

Yeah..already thoughts are on a Drogba-Torres front two, with Mata behind...

But for now, I'll just take a result like this whereat least one of them,if not both, is on the scoresheet

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the team's defending. Poor marking in set pieces once again, same mistake as against United in the first goal. This is something in which AVB and the team must work harder at. Bosingwa was quite poor today. His mistake led to the goal. Poor defending, terrible crossing and he didn't do much in his offensive area.

Your kidding right?

We held off Swansea with only 10 men and scored twice with ten men?

Man of the match for me was Mikel, brilliant at holding the ball, brilliant defending, his passing was spot on. People may call him slow and take much time on the ball, but you have to realise is that he calms down the pressure, when i watch him play i feel relaxed and it's okay, he's a safe player and done a lot for the team. He's a great passer too!, he is making tough competition for Essien and Oriol at the moment. He only made one bad mistake and that was the sneaky little flick to Ramires which never got to him, it was a shame because if he just normally passed like he usually does we would of had a good play. But positive from it, he will learn. Mikel has to be man of the match for me, i think it would of been bad without him, we wouldn't of had the play and we probably would of conceded another goal, or maybe just maybe two.

im not his biggest fan but he was excellent today and Rambo just took motm away from him today for me. Played really well tho

Guest justin_3d

Good game, great to see Ramires continues to be a good overall midfielder like Essien in his day.

Great that Josh got some game time.

If AVB can integrate Josh, Romeu and David Luiz to the starting 11 by December or when Afcon comes, then it would be even greater!

No waay, Mikel was arguably our worst player after Bosingwa! I know what you mean by having a calming effect but you have to realise that this is only good when you're up against it e.g. United or Barca away. Slowing the game down like Mikel does only makes it harder to mantain that tempo. Take Busquets or Khaedira and compare them to how they spray their passes left and right but 90% of the time manage to push the team forward. You simply dont get that with Mikel!

im not his biggest fan but he was excellent today and Rambo just took motm away from him today for me. Played really well tho

I wasn't, but now i'm really starting to love him, all he needed was just to be a starter, he's getting so much better, and proving how good he really is. Ramires scored the two goals and made some things happen, but take the goals away and he made a few stupid decisions, but he was brilliant and caused lots of problems for Swansea. But the goals can't convince me, Mikel in my opinion was better.

Your kidding right?

We held off Swansea with only 10 men and scored twice with ten men?

I partially agree with Lum because if you saw what our defence did... Williams was through unmarked when the free kick was taken, Brano just let him run off and meet the ball with his head when he should have clung onto him. We've done that countless times in matches and it's cost us valuable points in the past! If we had been winning 1-0 at the time, and Swansea had scored a goal like that, it would have been panic stations!

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the team's defending. Poor marking in set pieces once again, same mistake as against United in the first goal. This is something in which AVB and the team must work harder at. Bosingwa was quite poor today. His mistake led to the goal. Poor defending, terrible crossing and he didn't do much in his offensive area.

To be honest we defended great, just the set piece, we did all we could and just stopped them in there tracks all the time, we made it very hard for them. I thought our defending was good, i'm surprised your dissapointed in it, the set piece was a joke and needs to be worked on, because that's just terrible defending once again. And if he hadn't of got it, i think another swansea player could of had a chance to score too, so it was poor defending yet again, not just from Bosingwa.

Edited by Sloth

Great job to win 4-1 while a man down for 65 minutes.

Boswinga can't defender nor cross...

Torres, just think of October as a way to rest and be ready for the following 7 months. No more craziness from you.

Don't be harsh on Bosingwa, he defended well to be honest, besides that set piece, he needs to work on it. His crossing was poor, but he's hot or cold on crosses, but mostly cold, however he's still a very good player and put in a solid performance for me today, but this has to be his worst game so far, doesn't mean it's bad though, becaues his other games have been brilliant.

To be honest we defended great, just the set piece, we did all we could and just stopped them in there tracks all the time, we made it very hard for them. I thought our defending was good, i'm surprised your dissapointed in it, the set piece was a joke and needs to be worked on, because that's just terrible defending once again. And if he hadn't of got it, i think another swansea player could of had a chance to score too, so it was poor defending yet again, not just from Bosingwa.

but I think the defending was poor in the first few mins of the 2nd half when they had a flurry of corners. Mikel saved our asses by making some crucial interceptions and clearances. If they had managed to score we would have been in trouble

Edited by francozola