Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

The thing that angers me is that we played so well, we finally found that space for Fernando, Mata and Meireles were superb, and we created enough chances to win the game. If we miss out on the title by one or two points this year though, the mistakes in this are what I'll remember.

I agree there, David. I believe we've played worse at Old Trafford even in the recent past and got better results, but this is the nature of the beast unfortunately.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree there, David. I believe we've played worse at Old Trafford even in the recent past and got better results, but this is the nature of the beast unfortunately.

I disagree Alex. We are not a solid team. We could easily have won the match, but MU also could easily get a 5 - 1 result or something like that. It looks like Arsenal for me.

The problem for me is this mid with Lampard, Meirelles and Ramires. I hate to say that, but Mikel must play in this kind of match, while Essien is out.

Edited by Henrique

I think most Chelsea supporters have liked Lukaku from the beginning. What's not to like with the man-child? He loves Chelsea and proudly says so. His smile is infectious. You want him to do well. Bottom line he's still 18 years old and time is on his side. Don't let the price tag Chelsea paid for him rush the process if he's not ready yet. I'm sure the minutes yesterday were invaluable to him. A loan wouldn't hurt him, maybe Bolton? maybe Wigan (not sure how he'd fit into their style)?

I didnt want to see him start...not ready for a game of that level yet. He needs to become familar with our club and the system (s) we play

so a loan wouldnt be advisable yet ,,, perhaps during ACON he will get more playing time and perhaps starts

Watching us go 3-0 down at HT in a pub full of daft Maure supporters wasn't a pleasant experience, but our performance in the second half gave me hope. With that scoreline, many teams would have given up but we came out positive, and with a little bit of luck could have had more than one. AVB showed that he can handle the pressure, and has the courage to make amends for his mistakes by bringing Anelka on for Lamps. All in all, this could've gone our way if only they weren't so damn lucky and if we weren't so sloppy at the back.

Of course I totally loved the way Torres played and am certain that with the system AVB is building around him, he will be scoring more often. I also like the fact that this Torres is more keen to set up goals for his mates rather than just go on his own, as he used to at Liverpool. The skill to beat De Gea was awesome, the miss was forgettable but I couldn't care less. As AVB put it, happens to the best.

Aguante Fernando!

goalkepper: cech

defense: bosingwa - ivanovic - terry - cole

midfield: ramires - lampard (anelka 45min.) - meireles (mikel 78min.)

attack: sturridge (lukaku 67min.) - torres - mata

now we know why sir alex ferguson is the best manager of the world..

but i am not his biggest fan cause he shoot with shoe david beckham in the dressing room!!

fernando torres scored 1 goal and he show some excellent dribblings.. his techniques are perfect..

el nino is back, he just need more luck with the finishing, i trust in fernando torres.. our espana attacker is definetly back!!

Why does Tommy10 get tonnes of rep for his every post :carlo:

His short match reports it's the spot between intelluctal and brilliance, with his sense of emotion with every sense, if emotes you to feel more about the performance and the team as a whole. And his philosophical that every one is African is truly amazing! He sees everyone as one, and speaks the truth.

Or, because it's cute?

I have become intoxicated with Tommy's match reports over time, and it is basic instinct to rep him whenever i see it.

Just saw the MOTD highlights.

Nani WAS Offside. Thats 2 offside goal and a lucky goal. I dont see Red Nose complaining about bad refereeing now. I hope we get the rub of the green at Bridge in Feb. I see Red Nose throw his toys around in the post match interview.

Rooney's miss was shocking that hit the pole. I dont see them media talking about it. But I saw our game and the passing, it was sublime. Torres should have burried it.

A tough match, entertaining from start to finish. Forget Torres's missed sitter, i'm sure many a true legend has been in that position before, move on, I have. Had to laugh at Shrek and missing that penalty, a comic performance from him, i'm sure my granny could have done a better job!

Chant of the match has to be We're Gonna Win the League towards the end of the match, one of the reasons why I became a Chelsea Fan, the sheer support for the team whatever the final result! It's a shame we don't see that level of support more often at other games.

Nani WAS Offside

He was but the linesman probably decided not to give it because Nani was running backwards from a fairly even line. Either that or the refs just sucked. Smalling's goal was 100% offside no doubt.

Just saw the MOTD highlights.

Nani WAS Offside. Thats 2 offside goal and a lucky goal. I dont see Red Nose complaining about bad refereeing now. I hope we get the rub of the green at Bridge in Feb. I see Red Nose throw his toys around in the post match interview.

He was but the linesman probably decided not to give it because Nani was running backwards from a fairly even line. Either that or the refs just sucked. Smalling's goal was 100% offside no doubt.

Actually he did bitch about the refs :rolleyes: One play I think you guys forgot to add was that fake ass dive from Nani. Bos never touched him, but he played that like crazy. The only thing that makes up for that, was the fact shrek missed the pk. Justice was served at that moment of the match:

125586719.jpg