United coach writes off Chelsea

Styles

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Chelsea side will again revert to functionality over superb football - this will be a season of grinding out ugly wins. Don't expect many classy performances and certainly don't expect any trophies. This will be a difficult season of transition, and I predict a long, gruelling contest between us and the Manchester clubs will most likely see us come off the worst. There's no shame in being the best of the rest though.

Un*ted

Evra - 30

Ferdinand - 32

Owen - 31

Berbatov - 30

Giggs - 37

Park - 30

Vidic - almost 30

Carrick - 30

Chelsea

Cole - 30

Lampard- 33

Drogba - 33

Malouda - 31

Anelka - 32

John Terry - 30

Ferriera - 32

Results: United have 8 players over 30 years old, while Chelsea have 7, so does that mean Un*ted's squad is too old?

That maybe, but Uniteds squad is bigger than ours, and posses younger players which can replace the older ones, where we don't... we just have older players.

The sad thing is that he's right.

He is right, we are not Champion material, Chelsea is no longer a power house in football at the moment, we can win by big results anymore, we can't have a match without conceding and struggling to get out of it, we can't have a match without dissapointment, we are very lucky Arsenal aren't in the best position otherwise i think we would be struggling for 4th definitely. Spurs have kept Modric, and if he's willing Spurs could be much better, Spurs would of been better last season if they had a striker, and now they do... Adebayor, forget there last result i think they will be a different team from now on. Sorry for speaking in negativity but i think it's a reality, we just can't compete, we can't win games over and over again, we have many old players, very slow paced and have players who can't move the ball forward, we play a very simple passing game, and we still give the ball away a lot. But i'm going to still keep the faith we can do well, we just need AVB to do it, because our team certainly isn't good enough to compete for the title, if we do really well i think we can get 3rd, but it's going to be a challenge against Liverpool for it, just hope for the best.

Un*ted

Evra - 30

Ferdinand - 32

Owen - 31

Berbatov - 30

Giggs - 37

Park - 30

Vidic - almost 30

Carrick - 30

Chelsea

Cole - 30

Lampard- 33

Drogba - 33

Malouda - 31

Anelka - 32

John Terry - 30

Ferriera - 32

Results: United have 8 players over 30 years old, while Chelsea have 7, so does that mean Un*ted's squad is too old?

Good Post...

But I'm pretty sure that when the coach was saying Chelsea is being too old he was referring to Lampard and Drogba...He's basically underestimating the rest of the squad.

If he says Mata is our only major reinforcement, then who did United sign apart from Ashley Young?

I dont get this massive hype around United, imo Fergie is the only reason they are contenders because in short he is a miricle worker.

They are badly light in centre midfield, they have let expierence go and replaced them with inexpierence, their goallie makes Almunia look like Buffon. In short i reckon a few injuries their in the shit Fergie or no Fergie.

What every one has to realise is VDS, Scholes and Neville were not just big players but big charracters in the dressing room when the going gets tough their presence will be a huge loss, because of Fergie there be there or there abouts butto rate them miles ahead of us im sorry but its insane.

I would like to thank Sir Red Nose for the bulletin board material. Now we know the Blues will come into ole crapfort w/ even more incentive to ruin Sir Red Nose's day. I can't wait that post match speech & the accusations of the refs :)

Lmao, yes he always blames the refs.

Good Post...

But I'm pretty sure that when the coach was saying Chelsea is being too old he was referring to Lampard and Drogba...He's basically underestimating the rest of the squad.

If he says Mata is our only major reinforcement, then who did United sign apart from Ashley Young?

Jones?

Jones?

Supposedly the new 'John Terry'....well then I guess we have the new "Didier Drogba"...

Since the United coach was talking about our signings....I was just comparing theirs with ours...

(I don't think many people see the point my original post was making)