United coach writes off Chelsea

Styles

Manchester United first-team coach Rene Meulensteen has branded Chelsea's squad 'too old' to provide any real competition for the Premier League title this season.

Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant also believes local rivals Manchester City, tipped as serious contenders for title success this term, will not be able to compete with United's experience in winning silverware.

Why doesn't he just say 'because God loves United'?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly the new 'John Terry'....well then I guess we have the new "Didier Drogba"...

Since the United coach was talking about our signings....I was just comparing theirs with ours...

(I don't think many people see the point my original post was making)

De Gea, i don't know why people are dissing this young lad i really don't, he's just started as a keeper, and just you wait, you'll all be hating him soon for saving Uniteds arse all the time.

Jones, very good player, you wouldn't think he was 19, he plays like he's had 20 years of experience in the premier league, he can only get better, which then means he will definitely be a solid centre back and future starting centre back at United.

I think they've signed some good players there, And to be fair you can compare them with our signings, and it wouldn't matter anyway, because at the moment you need to look at who has the better squad at the moment... and of course it's United. Because we needed a complete overhaul and the right players, and we seem to havent of done that, so it's going to need a something very special to get our team competing for the title.

The season just started and we couldn't tell what the result will be .

I could say injurie of Essien, Lampard , Alex and Torres , illness of Drogba are the main reasons that kept us from the champion .

This is fair to every team, no one can tell whether ManU is going to win the league if they lost Carrick ,Feltcher ,Vidic, Rooney and Hernandez .

but I still admit that if their player stay out of injurie , we stand little chance while playing at the level we have shown in 3 previous games.

There's no fault with Built-up play, what we lacked of last season was variety of Tempo

We played well at high Tempo when we are down , but when we were leading , we played like old lady !

If you want to score , you must make your opponent losse concentration..

so we should play at a low tempo and work the ball to their half , then suddenly switch tempo to a higher one , make them unable to cut our pass , so score will be more easy.

They also said are squad was too old two years ago, and guess what? we won the double.

It's just mind games, Man u do it all the time, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

You Conveniently ignore the fact that our squad and key players including JT,Lampard,Drogba, Essien and Cole were all 2 years younger and still relatively in their prime when we won the double. Plus we had creative midfielders in Ballack and Deco to rely on for creativity. circumstances has changed significantly from then and the sooner the fans and AVB accept that, the better. it's called coming to terms with REALITY.

bloody hell i give up

Were crap were be lucky to get europa.

Liverpool will finish above us with their frightening spine of Henderson and Carroll and a gaffer living of 80's glory.

Manchester clubs are so much better than us and make us look like a poor mans Accrington Stanely. De Gea is not a dodgy keeper that will lose them points he makes Cech look like Turnbull and Mancini will let the shackles off for 38 games. They also have the fantastic Gareth Hernandez and Andres Milner.

Now im off to have a wank over the Manchester clubs.

Is that what everyone wants to hear?

You Conveniently ignore the fact that our squad and key players including JT,Lampard,Drogba, Essien and Cole were all 2 years younger and still relatively in their prime when we won the double. Plus we had creative midfielders in Ballack and Deco to rely on for creativity. circumstances has changed significantly from then and the sooner the fans and AVB accept that, the better. it's called coming to terms with REALITY.

That's why we have Meireles, Romeu, Sturridge, Mceachran, Luiz, Mata etc. Also I'm just stating a fact, People wrote us off two years ago calling our players too old, and we won the league, we shouldn't take any notice of it, because at the end of the day, they're just mind games.

Also the board and AVB do accept this, why do you think we are buying younger players?

I'm tired of all this moaning, lets just wait and see, we've only played three matches, have a bit of faith.

That's why we have Meireles, Romeu, Sturridge, Mceachran, Luiz, Mata etc. Also I'm just stating a fact, People wrote us off two years ago calling our players too old, and we won the league, we shouldn't take any notice of it, because at the end of the day, they're just mind games.

Also the board and AVB do accept this, why do you think we are buying younger players?

I'm tired of all this moaning, lets just wait and see, we've only played three matches, have a bit of faith.

I'm not a believer of blind faith. I show optimism only when there's a reason to. I do however agree that we have made good long term signings and the future indeed looks bright.

I accept that we are not fav's for the title this season but City and United also have weaknesses that if exploited with have them in serious shit. Whether De Gea comes good down the years i for another day but right now he is a pale shadow of VDS (the goallie that won them 15 points single handedly last campaign), you cannot win the league without a top keeper, in top form look at Arsenal 07/08 IMO they should have walked the league that year but didn't because Almunia was shit.

Jose's first season we were struggling to find rhythm like we are right now and Arsenal on the back off a unbeaten season started like a steamtrain, left us behind and it looked more likely they will go unbeaten again then we will catch them.

If we are still playing like this come November then i will re-access but i am in no hurry to press the panic button just yet.