United coach writes off Chelsea

Styles

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The season just started and we couldn't tell what the result will be .

I could say injurie of Essien, Lampard , Alex and Torres , illness of Drogba are the main reasons that kept us from the champion .

This is fair to every team, no one can tell whether ManU is going to win the league if they lost Carrick ,Feltcher ,Vidic, Rooney and Hernandez .

but I still admit that if their player stay out of injurie , we stand little chance while playing at the level we have shown in 3 previous games.

There's no fault with Built-up play, what we lacked of last season was variety of Tempo

We played well at high Tempo when we are down , but when we were leading , we played like old lady !

If you want to score , you must make your opponent losse concentration..

so we should play at a low tempo and work the ball to their half , then suddenly switch tempo to a higher one , make them unable to cut our pass , so score will be more easy.

Last season was up for grabs, and we took a huge risk not buying replacements and better players, because injuries caught up with us, and everything just happened at once, yes it was very unlucky, but we should of been prepared. A very big shame, i only just hope we can learn from that season, and truthfully i think we have, we seemed to have got some replacements, i think we need about 2 more players and that's it. Our last three games have been no different from the average last season game, painful, stressfull, i think i've mentioned it too many times on this forum haha, i understand you with the tempo, but last season Carlo couldn't motivate the team or anything, he had 0 control over his players. That's why we conceded early when in the lead, but then came back a lot in games when we were behind, which is not a good thing because we shouldn't be down in the first place. Concentration is important, play a simple passing game then in there quater of the pitch step the game up, i don't think it can be that perfect unfortunately.

I agree our Tempo is a massive issue. We haven't played well at all which is a concern too. It's way too early to write us off, but watching City and Utd, you can't help but feel it's not going far from Utd if they do lose it.

Agreed.

If the tempo does pick up, in the next few games, we will see optimism return.

Fuck Manure, they aren't invincible. For sure, we have not started this campaign great but AVB is still trying to get his system up and running and when he does we'll be fine. Do I expect to win the league not really but it's not out of the question either.

Go Blues!!!

Last season was up for grabs, and we took a huge risk not buying replacements and better players, because injuries caught up with us, and everything just happened at once, yes it was very unlucky, but we should of been prepared. A very big shame, i only just hope we can learn from that season, and truthfully i think we have, we seemed to have got some replacements, i think we need about 2 more players and that's it. Our last three games have been no different from the average last season game, painful, stressfull, i think i've mentioned it too many times on this forum haha, i understand you with the tempo, but last season Carlo couldn't motivate the team or anything, he had 0 control over his players. That's why we conceded early when in the lead, but then came back a lot in games when we were behind, which is not a good thing because we shouldn't be down in the first place. Concentration is important, play a simple passing game then in there quater of the pitch step the game up, i don't think it can be that perfect unfortunately.

:) yeah I read you , it can't be that simple , football is more complicated than words

• 4 weeks later...

The true mark of the Champions is to win when they are playing bad and that's why United (with incredible luck also) had so much success. Even when they struggle like hell they either get awarded a penalty, or someone scores an incredible goal or something similar, but what's most important is that they get out there and bring 3 points or at least 1. Losing a match is something they are almost afraid of and they will do anything in order to prevent that from happening.

It is also something what we did last season. We weren't playing well, yet we won a lot of matches and finished 2nd. We were also 1st by the amount of late goals scored and that is a simple stat that shows the sheer determination from our squad to win. That separates the Champions from the likes of Arsenal. To be honest, if I wasn't a hardcore Chelsea fan I would've hardly watched us play last season. Boring and sluggish play and always the same yet we almost made an incredible comeback. Who knows what could've happened if Hernandez hadn't scored that early at OT...but no point looking back now...

After AVB came here and started doing his thing our play has been much much better and I was never bored and usually very excited. He has reborn Bosingwa, Lampard and Torres. Luiz's game has never been better with the freedom AVB gave to him, and same thing applies to Danny. While he didn't play as well as some of us expected, he still scored 3 goals and assisted 2 and got the minutes he absolutely deserved. Ramires has been phenomenal and Anelka and Malouda have also surprised me with their performances.

I'm glad the media has doubted at our chances. I'm glad they hate us. I will feel wonderful when I laugh at their faces. The doubting will motivate the lads even more and remove the pressure from their shoulders. AVB will release them from the leash and our lovely journo friends won't make the same mistake again!

In the end, when the 2 teams collide, it's 11 men on 11 men on a pitch. It's not a video game. There are no stats or anything. The manager can only tell and explain you what he wants from you, but you are the one that needs to give his best. You and the rest 10 players are the ones that will win the match.

If you don't get out there with the simple thought "Today is the day we win " you just won't make it in the end...

I am very excited with what the future holds for us and with this season also.

It is great to see the wonderful attacking football back and Stamford Bridge! K

:cfc: KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH! :cfc: