Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damiao is awesome, as is Moutinho... Moutinho set 2 goals up for Damiao in my UEFA super cup win vs Atletico...

we should buy Moutinho I think, possibly later... like typical Chelsea!

I agree it is typical Chelsea, but how difficult it is to spend 40mi in two players or to spend the same amount of money 6 months later. Gaitan and Moutinho would be great adtions going foward. We would still need Falcao/Cavani, Maxime and a CB, but it would reduce the finacial impact in the summer and it would make us much more comfortable with a top4 this season.

I am totally against big transfers in January (I have made several posts in this regard), but I actually think those two transfers wold be highly benefical. Moutinho is the best CM we can buy and Gaitan is the best right winger who wouldnt cost shit loads of money (Di Maria, Robben, etc)...

Tell me we dont need any of the two that I will setle down!

Anyways, what am I talking about, Gourlay knows much more football than I do...

I agree, but Moutniho and Cabaye are good targets that would be available for 18-23mi...

Also Gaitan is a fucking great versatile player that would be available for 25-30mi!

You're throwing around numbers in every thread. How do you know? None of us knows the real prices and why would Porto or Newcastle sell with just hours to go? January is a stupid time for those clubs to sell

We will keep the money for summer and rightly so. New manager has to pick the signings and we need to stick to him. With Malouda, Lampard, Hilario, Turnbull, Benayoun and Ferreira out it should free up a large sum for new signings and there'll be plenty.

I'd like Moutinho. He has bags of stamina and usually performs a more box-to-box role these days, but having him sitting beside Mikel could be decent. Not the best tackler, but he won't stop running.

You're throwing around numbers in every thread. How do you know? None of us knows the real prices and why would Porto or Newcastle sell with just hours to go? January is a stupid time for those clubs to sell

We will keep the money for summer and rightly so. New manager has to pick the signings and we need to stick to him. With Malouda, Lampard, Hilario, Turnbull, Benayoun and Ferreira out it should free up a large sum for new signings and there'll be plenty.

Because that is their price, it will be between 18-23, just wait!

He almost webt to Spuds for 22mi in the summer, it came down to wages...

Because that is their price, it will be between 18-23, just wait!

He almost webt to Spuds for 22mi in the summer, it came down to wages...

No offence but you've got no idea what "their price" is. Porto is a very strict partner when it comes to transfers. And in January, they'd milk alot more...

No offence but you've got no idea what "their price" is. Porto is a very strict partner when it comes to transfers. And in January, they'd milk alot more...

Porto isn't strict at all with regards to release of information. If they accept a bid they have to disclose that to the Portuguese stock exchange, including the transfer fee.

None taken! :D

No I dont, but this is not what I am trying to say. I just gave numbers for the sake of it. Because I strongly believe we can buy them with this kind of money. It was a comparisson with how much money we would lose in case we "saved" it and lost an UCL spot. It was to try to show the money spent on Moutinho/Cabaye would do less harm than a 5th place.

Of course I dont know the numbers, but anyone who follows football a bit close (all of us) has a good feeling of how much the players can go for. Tell me you wouldnt bet they would go for around that price...

It's hardly about "punishing Rafa" but rather the fact that Chelsea don't want to spend a lot of money on a player who the next manager might not even want in the team and I fully understand the reasoning behind that. However, I agree that someone should have been got to make up the numbers in midfield, be it a loan signing or recalling one of the players we already have loaned out. At this point anything would suffice really, but sadly I can't see anyone coming and we've all predicted it a long time ago.

What about if Chelsea hires new manager & he won´t like the current players ?

I see it as totally uncalled for. After all, the board hired Rafa. Should they not support the team so he can end in top four ?

Porto isn't strict at all with regards to release of information. If they accept a bid they have to disclose that to the Portuguese stock exchange, including the transfer fee.

But they won't stand down from a price they want. No such thing as a compromise for them. Just look at Hulk saga from recent past.