Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that means we will get a world class one in the summer in stead of a stop gap this winter i'm okay

Exactly. In his presser today Mourinho said something like 'in the summer people will understand why Chelsea didn't buy a striker in January' so he must be planning on bringing in someone big. With the way the club have been able to do their business in this window, Jose should be fairly confident about getting this guy too, whoever he may be.

Ideal scenario for next summer would be to get rid of our current strike force entirely (at most, Eto'o could stay on small wages as the 3rd choice CF) with a new world class striker coming in and also Lukaku returning from his loan. That way we would be set for the near future as far as the strikers are concerned but if we now bought another stopgap like Ba last year, it would make things more problematic for next summer because we either wouldn't be getting the top class forward or alternatively we would be seeing Lukaku leave permanently, which I'm quite certain most of us wouldn't like.

Exactly. In his presser today Mourinho said something like 'in the summer people will understand why Chelsea didn't buy a striker in January' so he must be planning on bringing in someone big. With the way the club have been able to do their business in this window, Jose should be fairly confident about getting this guy too, whoever he may be.

Maybe because Falcao fucked his knee up, or A Madrid won't sell Costa in the middle of a season, or Cavani is too expensive in Jan.

There are quite a few possibilities, whoever it is better be good!

Young Croatian midfielder Mario Pašalić has told reporters that he has signed a deal with #Chelsea [24 Sata].

Mario Pašalić will spend the next six months with his club Hajduk Split and then join #Chelsea. [24 Sata]

Pašalić: "I'm glad the move is completed. I go back to training on Monday & for the next 6 months I will be focused on Hajduk." [24 Sata]