• Essien
    • Mata
    • Mikel
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikel. He plays a crucial role in the midfield, he was going to lead Nigeria in the World Cup, and I think he can be a very influential player in the future. Cech is a good choice as well but it's better if the captain was an outfield player.

But if Conor Clifford ever breaks through, he has to be our new captain. He looks like a born leader.

Should probably be Cech, but I don't really like Goalkeeper captains so I'd say either Ivanovic or Josh or Connor or Kane or Chalobah, but don't know if any of those will be established first teamers in time. Would like it to be someone we've brought through ideally.

Essien would have been an excellent captain if he was fit...Model professional and drives the team forward as its engine.

But as for future candidates, maybe Conor Clifford...or Sam Hutchinson (if he miraculously returns to playing in the top level)

Essien would have been an excellent captain if he was fit...Model professional and drives the team forward as its engine.

But as for future candidates, maybe Conor Clifford...or Sam Hutchinson (if he miraculously returns to playing in the top level)

Essien is too quiet for me, Drogba once described him as a 'pussycat,' he doesn't seem to have the ability to assert himself vocally on the team like Terry can.

Id like for Cech to be the captain. Someones who performances Just are magnificent and would inspire the team. Ivanovic i really like the thought of being captain too

if were thinking into the future

Id sure as hell love to see connor clifford as our captain in around 2017-2020. Guys long range strikes are just.....Deliciously juicy and sweet. And it would be sweet as hell to have a product of our youth as a captain too.

Essien is too quiet for me, Drogba once described him as a 'pussycat,' he doesn't seem to have the ability to assert himself vocally on the team like Terry can.

He does have the nice guy image, but he also like to get involved...I've seen him having a go at Bosingwa when his crossing was wayward in one match..Also...Remember how he likes to get in and calm everyone when we've had fights with other players (like with Arsenal, etc.)..Plus he has captained Ghana, so that must count for something..

He could be a good leader, but of course, having a leadership style different from Terry's

Not yet, but I think at some point it could be Josh. Like JT will become a first team regular and like JT has risen through our academy. I just hope that we never sell him or put him out on loan.

He does have the nice guy image, but he also like to get involved...I've seen him having a go at Bosingwa when his crossing was wayward in one match..Also...Remember how he likes to get in and calm everyone when we've had fights with other players (like with Arsenal, etc.)..Plus he has captained Ghana, so that must count for something..

He could be a good leader, but of course, having a leadership style different from Terry's

Fair point and a good argument, and I totally forgot about him captaining Ghana!