• Essien
    • Mata
    • Mikel
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a fan of seeing goalkeepers wear the armband. Of course they have the benefit of seeing the whole of the pitch and there have been numerous successful GK captains in the past, ie. Casillas, Dino Zoff, Nikopolidis, etc. etc., I just prefer having a defender as the captain and the leader of the team.

i find it really difficult to imagin anyone except JT captaining the side but i was the same with Wisey. Dont know that any of the above are captain material in honesty and its hard to judge players who have only arrived or are only here a short time. Would LOVE Josh to end up as captain purely based on him being a homegrown player but not sure he could impose himself enough but i do LOVE this......................

McEachran has seen fellow academy graduates Michael Mancienne and Jack Cork head for the exits this summer, but he insists he is prepared to bide his time and wait for opportunities to come his way.

He added: "That was their decision to play at a high level somewhere else, but I want to play for Chelsea so I will keep going here.

"I have supported this club since I was a little boy and I do believe I have what is needed to succeed here.

"I've been patient all this time and I need to carry on that way.

"Chelsea has one of the oldest teams in the Premier League and the boss is clearly looking to the future.

"He has just signed Romelu Lukaku, Oriol Romeu and Thibaut Courtois, three players of a similar age to me. So we all have to work hard in training and make sure we take our opportunities when they come."