Atmosphere at Stamford Bridge..

Beast

Am i the only one that thinks that the atmosphere during matchdays at Stamford Bridge is horrible? When i'm watching the game on television i sometimes check if i accidentally put it on mute because i can't hear anything. I mean, the fans hardly chant or sing when the match starts and when we concede the first goal you can hear a pin drop.

I mean, you can atleast motivate the team by saying something not just sitting there and shouting abuse. And the booing..It's louder than the chanting.

Do we have an actual chant besides 'Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea'? I mean come on ffs we gotta work together to create some great atmosphere at the Bridge, we're one of the biggest clubs in the world but the atmosphere is piss-poor.

And we need more babes at Stamford Bridge, seriously.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one that thinks that the atmosphere during matchdays at Stamford Bridge is horrible? When i'm watching the game on television i sometimes check if i accidentally put it on mute because i can't hear anything. I mean, the fans hardly chant or sing when the match starts and when we concede the first goal you can hear a pin drop.

I mean, you can atleast motivate the team by saying something not just sitting there and shouting abuse. And the booing..It's louder than the chanting.

Do we have an actual chant besides 'Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea'? I mean come on ffs we gotta work together to create some great atmosphere at the Bridge, we're one of the biggest clubs in the world but the atmosphere is piss-poor.

with success comes rising prices and inevitably drives out our core support . When my dad used to go to Chelsea i reckon we were probably up there with the loudest around now i reckon were one of the quietest . Our away support is still good but our home supports below average in my opinion . Were also a club that attracts a lot of fans from around the world and so brings in tourist fans who are more interested in enjoying the game than singing their hearts out . ( fair enough if their paying 100 0dd quid for the best seats in the house ) the only way to reverse this in my opinion is by driving down prices and introducing some sort of safe standing area and possibly allowing alcohol in the stadium both of which people are trying to reintroduce into football .

Yes, and another thing that freaks me out is booing our players from away fans on our stadium! That's embarrasing

Coceding a sloppy goal in the first 5 minutes and then playing like crap for the rest of the half. You think people are happy to pay £60+ to watch Kalou miscontrol the ball? It's a two way street mate. The fans will cheer but don't expect to charge ridiculous prices, serve up rubbish football and people to be happy.

Coceding a sloppy goal in the first 5 minutes and then playing like crap for the rest of the half. You think people are happy to pay £60+ to watch Kalou miscontrol the ball? It's a two way street mate. The fans will cheer but don't expect to charge ridiculous prices, serve up rubbish football and people to be happy.

I agree lol but i'm not just talking about the West Brom match, but every match that is played at SB.

If you actually went to a match instead of slag of others who do then maybe you would realise that ticket prices have gone through the roof, meaning that true fans can no longer afford to go every week. Instead, the ground is full of corporate businessmen who are more concerned about the 5 course meal than the match itself.

We do have many other chants aside from 'Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea' so being ignorant enough to think that this is all we sing reflects your knowledge of the club. There are people who try to get an atmosphere in the ground but due to the amount of people who don't really care this is not possible.

And if you are one of those people more concerned about the 'babes' than the match then it would be easy for people to categorise you into the 'don't really care about the match' group at Stamford Bridge

I paid £50 for my ticket on Saturday, I feel I have a right to voice my opinion of the teams performance if they are losing 0-1 to a much weaker team at home.

Completely agree with you. When you pay £50+ and the team plays like it did for example against Sunderland last season the players deserve to be booed off.

As you can see i don't even live on the same continent as England and why did i get a -Rep for? :S

Plus, Babes = More Chelsea fans.

Because you show your age when you make dumb comments like that and you offend the "babes" on the board!!

American football has lots of "babes" going to games but they need to understand the game to help the fan base and performing at them and it does not help the quality of the fans, I'd say it decreases it!!

Been at the Bridge so many times in the past when it has been noisy and then watch the match at home and it sounds so quiet.Sound doesnt travel well in that place.And agree the ticket bump doesnt really help things espically when the team play likes shite.Though saying that some of the best atmopsheres and all have been when we've been a goal down.Man City 2 season ago...crap game and result but at the same time it was a good atmosphere weird as it sounds and was

Sometimes it can be a great atmopshere..other times crap!Depends who your near etc and what mood the stewards are in.If they dont mind standing up espically for songs and crap or as soon as someone moves they get chucked out and moaned out.

I paid £50 for my ticket on Saturday, I feel I have a right to voice my opinion of the teams performance if they are losing 0-1 to a much weaker team at home.

If you pay the money and make the effort to go to a game make a positive statement and get behind the team, in the second half when we did get behind the team we saw their desire and performance lift and we got the result.

If I perform badly at work, it's the Director's job to tell me so and for me to improve and as I saw it the 'Boss' did that on Saturdayand got an improvement, the only difference I can see is that the players do their job of work in a more public arena and where everyones got an opinion and these days feels the need to be heard if they're not happy.

Worst case stay quiet, booing is destructive and also does the journos jobs for them, you can almost read the articles "AVB Booed by Home Fans".