Atmosphere at Stamford Bridge..

Beast

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say the worst game for atmosphere last season at the Bridge was for the CL, Copenhagen, absolutely dead. It was pretty hard trying to sing with no one else wanting to.

Exactly!! Or people start and no one joins in kinda ahh get something going.And you see the other Stand being happy lalala and think 'be happy to!' Half the time during Champs League games when nothing happening usually end up watching the away fans cause they're so lalalala happy clappy bouncing around singing god knows what but seem so jolly lol

Exactly!! Or people start and no one joins in kinda ahh get something going.And you see the other Stand being happy lalala and think 'be happy to!' Half the time during Champs League games when nothing happening usually end up watching the away fans cause they're so lalalala happy clappy bouncing around singing god knows what but seem so jolly lol

I noticed that a lot with quite a few of the supporters of the European Clubs as they were constantly singing and jumping up and down and going generally mental.

You Americans may be alright with being constantly mugged off, but we aren't!!

Not all of us are and I would say most Americans can't go see their favorite sports teams play!! I don't go to any professional sports or concerts in the US because of the cost. The last time I went to an NBA game it was because my husband's company gave us the tickets. There is no way I would pay the prices they charge even if the Memphis Grizzles were winning the league!

I pay to see Chelsea when they are in the US because it is the only time I can see them and even then I can't imagine it is like seeing them play a league game. I missed seeing them in Hong Kong this year because we had just arrived in China. :( I would have paid to go to Hong Kong to see them. I wish I had the opportunity to see them at the bridge or an away game. That would be awesome.

Samir Nasri says that he moved to City because they have Passionate fans who create a good atmosphere at games. Now i know why he never wanted to come here.

He also forgot to mention how City offered him a lot more money than everyone else. He would've said that about the fans of any club he went to.

Samir Nasri says that he moved to City because they have Passionate fans who create a good atmosphere at games. Now i know why he never wanted to come here.

Joe Cole wanted to go Anfield cause of 'the fans'..part the reason anyway god knows the rest cause it failed anyway..bollocks! Just to make the fans feel good about themselves and oooo we're special look they love us

'Cause of the fans'...lol!!!!!

Away fans are incredible however. Never forget the Old Trafford match in may, 2-0 up in the biggest game of the season yet all i could hear round Old Traffor were the Chelsea fans.

Totally agree! I wish we could have that atmosphere at the Bridge, leading or trailing.

I hope to catch my first game at the bridge sometime this season, but the ticket prices are really putting me off, and I can see how that impacts the kind of people who get in. Nothing against the affluent folks who can get in almost regularly, but seems like Liverpool and Manure (with their tickets prices almost half of ours?) are able to get in more people who care more about backing their team than getting a bang for their buck.

And thanks to the advice here, I now know where I have to look for a seat now - the shed end.

• 8 months later...

Totally agree! I wish we could have that atmosphere at the Bridge, leading or trailing.

I hope to catch my first game at the bridge sometime this season, but the ticket prices are really putting me off, and I can see how that impacts the kind of people who get in. Nothing against the affluent folks who can get in almost regularly, but seems like Liverpool and Manure (with their tickets prices almost half of ours?) are able to get in more people who care more about backing their team than getting a bang for their buck.

And thanks to the advice here, I now know where I have to look for a seat now - the shed end.

Fans who attend matches regularly are not all affluent. I basically take out a loan to pay for my season ticket and borrowed money when I was a member to get enough loyalty points for a season ticket. My £750 MHL ticket is good vfm compared to the cost of going to individual matches ans struggling to ever get tickets for the big European games etc.

It's a question of priorities and sacrificing other things for me. Yes it should be cheaper, but don't assume those who do afford it do so easily from spare change!

Wish we could be like this lot, they were at an under twelves match

So awesome!

The best bit is the players are like 12!

'c'mon son, let's go to your game'

'don't forget the oranges for half time, my drink and the flares'

I'm off to SB in novemeber.

Score someones lifetime pass to MHU and corporate.

Apparently the table is next to Zolas wife's table.