Atmosphere at Stamford Bridge..

Beast

London is also a rich part of the world.

Lunch and dinner are the most expensive. About 15-20 bucks per meal.

Breakfast is the cheapest, unless you get a T-bone steak with eggs.

Not all of us are from or live in London, though. To watch Chelsea, I pay £50 for a ticket, have to do a round-trip of 300 miles (that isn't so bad, but it costs a lot of money in diesel), have to pay for parking, get food, possibly go to the megastore etc. etc. On a matchday, you can end up paying over £120 a person, so it does all add up!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I became a football supporter was because of the match day experience. Where else can you get such an experience, excluding other sports? Right from the start from watching the FA Cup final at Wembley in 2009, I was impressed with the level of support and passion shown by Chelsea fans not only at Wembley but also from the fans that were in the pub watching the game.

Thats part of my reason as well...went to watch the Comm Shield in a pub in Greece and loved the atmosphere and after that started going for real..when it was cheaper lol.Only by a few quid maybe but still...its so hit and miss the atmosphere at times,sometimes amazing other times just dull.

And Wembley is weird...FA Cup Semi against Villa and Comm Shield against Man U when we won,great atmopshere in the Chelsea end,lots of chants etc.But fucking hell the 2010 Comm Shield when some dude had a go at me for swearing after Rooney had scored...bloody cheek!! And going back to the Bridge for the following West Brom game was like 'yep this is how it should be!' Less of a libruary sitting in silence sorta thing

Well in match against WBA there were couple negativities but I will mention only one that had been most obvious to me in particular. When Torres was in Lamps, Kalou( Malouda) in particular and all team played really bad. They do not have game for Torres I know, but more than that, even when they could pass him, they refused to do so. But when Drogba came in Lamps, Malouda, Anelka and all team started playing much better. Like unit. Does not matter Drogba was not anything special, at least three players improved their game and team started playing much better.

That case alone shows root of our problems and reasons for booing.

No matter how good Kalou, Malouda can be sometimes the fact is: In many ocassions they have shown selfishness, refusal to pass when passing was far better option, lack of commitment to the team and the result, neglect of their team mates, lack of effort . This flaws are reason why they are often booed.

Anelka- in some games he is great but in some he is invisible. Lack of effort and disinterst regardless of result are his flaws.

Lamps - He was a leader, now is a barrier and slows down the game. People can not accept it. I blame the coach.

AVB- nothing against him but he talks about atractive attacking football with flair and all creative players he has leaves on bench.

The problem is when you are receiving the biggest salaries in EPL you are not allowed not to give your best. You are not allowed to do things mentioned above.

Their display was not the best they could do under any circumstances. Their display is partly caused by the refusal of individuals to play as a team, by selfishness, by obvious lack of effort from some.

And that is something that people who spend the most money in the PL to watch the game do not forgive.

Booing is unacceptable. People who come to the SB should realize how lucky they are and enjoy and support their team.

But the players first need to understand that with big money comes big responsibility and that is up to them how fans will show their support. When they start to give their best and play for benefit of the team every time, fans will recognize that and atmosphere at SB will be much better.

Wow that sucks!

Over here 50 bucks is like my breakfast, lunch and dinner for the day at NYC.

Justin, I think you forgot to convert to dollars from the pound... 50 pounds is more like $83 US. Still by NYC sports teams probably not bad. I wouldn't pay that for anyone but Chelsea and even then when they were in the US I only paid $75 for my seats (oh and the flight to Dallas).

It's different when you watch a game on telly to when you're actually there. Nothing more to it really. Our home support isn't good and it isn't bad. I used to think it was bad but it's pretty normal.

The Chelsea away crowd is one of the best and loudest around though :)

It's different when you watch a game on telly to when you're actually there. Nothing more to it really. Our home support isn't good and it isn't bad. I used to think it was bad but it's pretty normal.

The Chelsea away crowd is one of the best and loudest around though :)

Yeh defintatly gana try get to a couple of away games this season..and yeh it is different.On the day it may be loud but when coming through on telly its quiet just how it comes across.

its not great but there is worse though . blackburn , Everton , Fulham , Wigan , Arsenal spring to mind

Evertons alright.

When we play teams like Blackburn, Wigan etc. our fans are just as bad as their home fans. Fact.

Our fans only have a voice when tickets are sold on loyalty points or if we are winning big games.

Evertons alright.

When we play teams like Blackburn, Wigan etc. our fans are just as bad as their home fans. Fact.

Our fans only have a voice when tickets are sold on loyalty points or if we are winning big games.

i agree to be honest even the reebok stadium i feel is louder than Stamford Bridge :/ lol .

Cup games can be dire as well

Though in the past it has been loud in league games when we're a goal down.Like said Man City 4-2 loss..one of the best atmopsheres been to and yet the game was so shite and all..bizare lol

AVB's reaction after the game on Saturday:

'Our public wants us to be champions and we are listening to their demands but we need their support all the time.

'Everybody must get involved and you must feel the presence of the public in a supporting way, not that they weren't, but you need full support, a good environment, good commitment from the public and good empathy.'

Basically, he's saying that the home support is crap.

Guest justin_3d

Not all of us are from or live in London, though. To watch Chelsea, I pay £50 for a ticket, have to do a round-trip of 300 miles (that isn't so bad, but it costs a lot of money in diesel), have to pay for parking, get food, possibly go to the megastore etc. etc. On a matchday, you can end up paying over £120 a person, so it does all add up!

Well if you spend over 200 bucks i understand. That's a bit more sacrifice to get to the game.

Justin, I think you forgot to convert to dollars from the pound... 50 pounds is more like $83 US. Still by NYC sports teams probably not bad. I wouldn't pay that for anyone but Chelsea and even then when they were in the US I only paid $75 for my seats (oh and the flight to Dallas).

50 pounds is like 83 dollar? Dam, our currency is sucking big time!

But yeah in the past 60-70 is avg i paid for games over here, and the game i see on the TV from EPL looks a lot more exciting then the ones over here.

$50 dollars in food per day ? You are kinda rich lol

Well not every day. lol.

But it's just a reference how much one day of food will cost you if you eat out.