Juan Mata

Severinb

It's Sunday. It's Juan Mata's first training session as a Man United player. Phil Neville is telling Juan Mata how to play football. Just let that sink in.

Never mind Phil Neville, the thought of him playing with the likes of Ferdinand, Evra and Young is enough to make one vomit!

The reason why this reaction has happened is because of his character and personality as a person, not just a footballer. It is the reason why the fans have come to like/love him so much. He is more than just your average typical footballer. Henry Winter of Telegraph summed up why we feel that way very well here. The points you mentioned above also show the problem. You are only looking at this season and fair enough, he didn't contribute much but we haven't forgotten what he gave to the club in the last 2 seasons, the memories and contribution he gave to us. It's combination of these things that have made people emotional. If you don't care about this at all, then fine. It's your own problem. Just don't expect others to feel the same way as you are.

yes he is a classy guy and was a great player for us before Jose returned. but as i said its been so obvious for as long time that he was going to leave, and the fact that he wanted to go and wanted to go to United of all teams makes it way more easier for me to move on, obviously it may take other people more time to get over Mata leaving, that's fair enough, but for me i see an excellent squad with the best manager in the world, and much more success and exciting times ahead for us, and that is more then enough reason for me not to be getting down over Mata leaving.

Jose clearly is not wrong about Mata! He just cant adapt and never would be able to adapt to Mourinho's system! Mata had to go, of course i would have preferred him not going to another PL team, but he wanted to leave in this window and he wanted to go to United, so the club respected his wishes, we dont need him under Jose and we got a good deal out of it, and bringing in Salah and Matic and letting Kdb and Mata go really improves our team.

Well, to say Jose was not wrong to let them both go is too premature to say now.

How has the team been improved if Mata, KDB, Essien were let go & Matic, Salah were brought in ? Mata alone is much better than them two. Try harder.

Just one more question. What exactly is Jose´s system ?

Well, to say Jose was not wrong to let them both go is too premature to say now.

How has the team been improved if Mata, KDB, Essien were let go & Matic, Salah were brought in ? Mata alone is much better than them two. Try harder.

Matic is NOT the same player as Mata - they play in completely different positions

Saleh is NOT the same player as Mata - he is a pure winger and Mata plays best in the hole...

Mata has been poor this season - it's best for him and Chelsea if he moves on. It's the right thing to do on a human level and I'm pleased the club has publicly stated this.

We sign a lot of young players and aim to make a profit, this is our philosophy, self-funding

Our style of play is also devastating Counter Attack with pace and power... C'mon as a Chelsea fan you must know this?

Mata and KdB could never be describes as pacey or powerful?

are you telling me you cant see how the squad has improved?

Lets start off by getting Essien out the way, we don't need him and him staying or going really doesn't change anything.

Kdb and Mata made no impact this season, and are not players who fit into Mourinho's system. Whereas Matic who is one of the best Pivot players on the planet! and is perfect for us! he will finally give us a world class pivot alongside Ramires, that signing alone could be a big reason why we can go on and win the title now! and i don't know how you can say Mata is better then Matic when they are completely different players! and yes Mata is a better number 10 then Salah, but in Jose's system of counter attacking football, with our wide men asked to cover a lot of ground both offensively and defensively and asked to break on the counter with pace, Salah is miles better option then Mata I'm afraid.

Matic is NOT the same player as Mata - they play in completely different positions

Saleh is NOT the same player as Mata - he is a pure winger and Mata plays best in the hole...

Mata has been poor this season - it's best for him and Chelsea if he moves on. It's the right thing to do on a human level and I'm pleased the club has publicly stated this.

We sign a lot of young players and aim to make a profit, this is our philosophy, self-funding

Our style of play is also devastating Counter Attack with pace and power... C'mon as a Chelsea fan you must know this?

That´s all fine. However, to sell your best player of two years, one must question the wisdom of it.

As for that devastating counter attack..I have seen it, I even saw playing for a draw, boring tactics...etc.

are you telling me you cant see how the squad has improved?

Lets start off by getting Essien out the way, we don't need him and him staying or going really doesn't change anything.

Kdb and Mata made no impact this season, and are not players who fit into Mourinho's system. Whereas Matic who is one of the best Pivot players on the planet! and is perfect for us! he will finally give us a world class pivot alongside Ramires, that signing alone could be a big reason why we can go on and win the title now! and i don't know how you can say Mata is better then Matic when they are completely different players! and yes Mata is a better number 10 then Salah, but in Jose's system of counter attacking football, with our wide men asked to cover a lot of ground both offensively and defensively and asked to break on the counter with pace, Salah is miles better option then Mata I'm afraid.

Mata was & is someone that was not used properly by Jose & when he was used sporadically he was not ready then.

Salah on paper is better option, you say. Well, let´s see, soon.

That´s all fine. However, to sell your best player of two years, one must question the wisdom of it.

As for that devastating counter attack..I have seen it, I even saw playing for a draw, boring tactics...etc.

Mourinho knows how to navigate a PL season, I assume the games your referring to are Arsenal and United away, Dont think we didn't try to win those games, and that those games ended 0-0 all because of Jose's tactics, Arsenal and United were both scared of committing men forward and going for the win as they were both scared of getting exposed on the counter attack.

Mourinho knows how to navigate a PL season, I assume the games your referring to are Arsenal and United away, Dont think we didn't try to win those games, and that those games ended 0-0 all because of Jose's tactics, Arsenal and United were both scared of committing men forward and going for the win as they were both scared of getting exposed on the counter attack.

In both games Jose´s tactics were wrong, I feel. The goons or the Manures were ready for beatings, then.

Don´t get me wrong, I would be a fool to question Jose´s tactics much. I believe, Jose is the best tactician in the UK, by far.

I only question his player dealings now or in the summer, loans...

I somehow stumbled across this gem in a Bayern Forum (don't ask why, I don't even know). Still bitter do you think?:

I think this guy is worth around €15m, skill-wise. His price is only inflated because he plays for Chelsea, and there's no way we're going to bid €48m just to make a Russian oligarch grin: we've already given him such satisfaction a year and a half ago.

Also this video that rips the piss out of us, but it's still a little bit funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKfV4TU1kI

Stop it!! Stop talking so much sense! People will look at this and still say but how can you sell your best player. Ugh. Good post pity it wont be understood.