Chelsea 3-1 Norwich

James

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the fuck was the matter with our defense today. every time a ball came even near our D it seemed like something might happen (eventually which did happen). plus i have never seen iva playing so poorly. just one of those days when nothing went right for him. hope all this does not happen in big matches.

Come on now, you can't say he's as good as Zola after 20 min. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for that to actually happen but that's just too much to expect from a player.

Yeah Zola is big player. But they are very similar, both short, good on the ball, creative...

?

That was a Chelsea supporter reaction when Drogba was laying unconscious.

Anyway, it wasn't the best game but the newboys impressed. Lukaku seemed confident and Mata was beasting.

Mata looks a real talent but then we all knew that anyway. Ramires was a beast in midfield and Lukaku's hold up play was fantastic, Lukaku will make a lot of space if played as a lone striker because he plays with his back to goal. Torres has no confidence what so ever, i would bench him to be honest.

If we're gonna stick with that high line David Luiz is vital.

Exactly, this was a point I made in the David Luiz thread.

It's ironic how everyone is dreaming up other positions for him (RB, DM, etc etc) out of love for Ivanovic, smh.

Yeah Zola is big player. But they are very similar, both short, good on the ball, creative...

True but Zola was something else though.. His technique alone was among the best ever. But let's not turn this into a Zola discussion :yes: .

Best to win awkward then not win at-all.

Shit performance but who cares, have to laugh at Crokes and Savage bellitling us if that was United they would have creamed themself about their never say die spirit and how that was a true champions grind out.

Anyway more important than the result im praying Drogba is ok.

Guest justin_3d

You kept to your word and i have with mine, i am very dissapointed with the performance, but when Mata came on, and Lukaku they played great. Now i totally agree, Lampard shouldn't of played the full 90 minutes, but to be fair Mikel has had better games, and so has Ramires, however what i love about ramires is that he has sudden moments with his pace and just turns the defence inside out and creates magic.

I said it before I would keep Mikel and Ramires in the same pitch. Lampard not.

Not going to repeat that over and over again.

I will mention that Lukaku is not ready. I still go with Torres as main starter and finally put Sturridge on the right wing, with Mata on the left wing.

That will be a better line up.

And now wait to see what will come of Romeu and David Luiz.

Mata looks a real talent but then we all knew that anyway. Ramires was a beast in midfield and Lukaku's hold up play was fantastic, Lukaku will make a lot of space if played as a lone striker because he plays with his back to goal. Torres has no confidence what so ever, i would bench him to be honest.

Ramires wasnt a beast in midfield, he was good since he scored the goal but before that he was almost inexistent, as usual.

I still dont know what to think about this player.

I think Anelka was good also...next game we should start with Mata-Torres-Anelka up front :)

Very true. That's why I was hoping for Torres-Anelka partnership with Mata and Malouda/Benayoun in free roles from the sides.