Keisuke Honda

Term-X

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen very little of him, tbh I only saw him in the WC, and he was okay there, one of Japan's best... but I'd be cautious if he's Chelsea quality. But he would be cheap and on low wage, which is a plus. Not sure though. Anyway, we aren't even linked to him.

I've seen very little of him, tbh I only saw him in the WC, and he was okay there, one of Japan's best... but I'd be cautious if he's Chelsea quality. But he would be cheap and on low wage, which is a plus. Not sure though. Anyway, we aren't even linked to him.

What is a Chelsea quality? If you regard Modrich a Chelsea quality, then I would say Honda is one. In fact, I say Honda is a far superior playmaker to Modrich. For those who have hardly seen him play, here are some short clips for you. Honda has been linked to Chelsea before. I am by no means suggesting that Chelsea should get him, though.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

(10/08/2011, Japan vs South Korea, Honda’s goal)

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related (25/07/2011, CSKA Moscow Honda [no.7] one goal, one assist)

Well at least you got what you wanted TX, at an expense :giggle:

Anyway back on topic:

Honda is clearly talented and was Japan's brightest spark in the WC, he is also only 25 year old and a world reknowed name in his native land and would make a surge in shirt sales over there and even more fans in Asia. I think he could play the role perfectly as the 'squad member' like Park does at Man United, but with his own talent. And he would be cheap as well ;)

I like Honda, good player but if we were going for a player from asia I'd go for Shinja Kagawa from BVB incredible player :worship:

I disagree. Kagawa can play relatively well in a defensviely crappy Bundes Liga with a lot of space in the final third. In a more defensively quality league he would struggle. I suspect he would become injury prone in a physically demanding league. I doubt very much that he can cope with EPL. Manure's Park is no way near Honda's technical abilities, in every sense he is inferior to Honda. Placed in the middle he becomes a headless chicken, that never happens with Honda.

This is Honda playing against Boas's Port early this year. CSKA Moscow was really rusty as they were in the middle of their pre-season. Boas said in an interview before this match, that Port would be mindful of Honda, and after the match, he praised Honda for his performance.

Honda can play in any position in the midfield, includiing a deep-lying playmaker's role. Not sure if he suits Boas's 433, but he can play without any problems in the position of CAM, CM and RW. To exploit his prowess he is best when he plays in the hole in 4231, the AC Milan style, the formation and the position in which he plays for Zaccheroni's Japanse National team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You