Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

LOL, Costa has played for Spain against very average teams and has not managed to get on the scoresheet on several occasions. Is Costa therefore a player who will not perform on the international stage?? Also Lukaku is 22 and can be leading Belgium's line for years. Any coincidence that Costa did not get included for Spain? You probably will say the manager was annoyed at his antics against Arsenal but it can easily be looked at that he has not been in good form for his country.

Spain style of play does not suit Costa, My dog knows that by now.

Spain style of play does not suit Costa, My dog knows that by now.

A good striker adapts himself to a team. Yeah, they might not suit him but you can't really give that excuse when other strikers like Paco have been scoring for them when given a chance. To use yesterday's game to say Lukaku is not good with better teams is just ridiculous. Maybe I should say the same about Belgium then that their style of play don't suit Lukaku LOL. Lukaku has been on fire last season but there are a minority on here who will wait for him to have a poor game to crucify him but when he continues to prove people wrong like he will keep doing, the same old excuse of it is because he is at a club with lower expectations will come to the fore again.

A good striker adapts himself to a team. Yeah, they might not suit him but you can't really give that excuse when other strikers like Paco have been scoring for them when given a chance. To use yesterday's game to say Lukaku is not good with better teams is just ridiculous. Maybe I should say the same about Belgium then that their style of play don't suit Lukaku LOL. Lukaku has been on fire last season but there are a minority on here who will wait for him to have a poor game to crucify him but when he continues to prove people wrong like he will keep doing, the same old excuse of it is because he is at a club with lower expectations will come to the fore again.

I'm not sure what you wrote, still, Spain style doesn't suit Costa. Lukaku is good but not Costa good. I'll leave it at that.

LOL, Costa has played for Spain against very average teams and has not managed to get on the scoresheet on several occasions. Is Costa therefore a player who will not perform on the international stage?? Also Lukaku is 22 and can be leading Belgium's line for years. Any coincidence that Costa did not get included for Spain? You probably will say the manager was annoyed at his antics against Arsenal but it can easily be looked at that he has not been in good form for his country.

what??? Costa has proven himself at top teams, and Costa wasnt called up because he was suspended for the first game against Luxemborug which Del Bosque knew Spain would win and therefore win the group so there was no point calling up Costa to play in Ukraine in a meaningless game where Del Bosque wanted to give the fringe players a chance, you should really do your research before posting such BS.

and you say Lukaku could be leading the line Belgium for many years! LOL yeah right, he was 3rd choice striker at the WC even Origi was ahead of him, Benteke is 24 and better then Lukaku, i would be very very shocked if Lukaku ever become 1st choice striker for Belgium. Simply not good enough.

explain how that is ridicuous??? until he proves himself at a top team it is very fair to say he cant hack it in a top team, he didnt at Chelsea and hasnt for Belgium, the only teams he has done well at is Anderlecht, West Brom and Everton, 3 very average teams, there have been countless players in the past who do well for average teams but isnt good enough to do it at a top team, until he proves otherwise Lukaku has to be in that bracket

which part of lukaku's play is not? goal scoring - he is brilliant. hold up and link up play - he is improving per game and costa's hold up and link up play is average at best.

in the air, lukaku trumps costa. i mean i dont remember the last time i saw costa win a longball or even score from a header. costa's shooting from outside the box is well, non existent.

i am sorry, but lukaku already is as good as costa. dont even know why u r bringing martial/henry comparision here. henry was the best striker at a point of time. costa does not even come close to that. the gap between martial and henry is day and night. the gap between costa and lukaku barely exists.

remy made a terrible career choice joining qpr then loaned to newcastle etc etc. i think the sole reason behind that move being money lukaku took a step down to play first team football. dont think that would be lukaku's fate.

The myth that Costa has a good allround play is one of those things that actually baffles me. I watch every chelsea games and see Costa busy wasting possession and generally looking like a semi pro on the ball majority of the time then I come on the forum and see comments like "His link up and hold up play is excellent" " He's one of the best strikers in the world" and I say to myself, are we watching the same games?.

I still maintain that Costa is nothing more than a glorified, scary looking Huntelar/chicharito. A decent goal poacher and nothing more.

The myth that Costa has a good allround play is one of those things that actually baffles me. I watch every chelsea games and see Costa busy wasting possession and generally looking like a semi pro on the ball majority of the time then I come on the forum and see comments like "His link up and hold up play is excellent" " He's one of the best strikers in the world" and I say to myself, are we watching the same games?.

I still maintain that Costa is nothing more than a glorified, scary looking Huntelar/chicharito. A decent goal poacher and nothing more.

a prime example of someone who watches football but doesnt fully understand what they are watching.

what??? Costa has proven himself at top teams, and Costa wasnt called up because he was suspended for the first game against Luxemborug which Del Bosque knew Spain would win and therefore win the group so there was no point calling up Costa to play in Ukraine in a meaningless game where Del Bosque wanted to give the fringe players a chance, you should really do your research before posting such BS.

and you say Lukaku could be leading the line Belgium for many years! LOL yeah right, he was 3rd choice striker at the WC even Origi was ahead of him, Benteke is 24 and better then Lukaku, i would be very very shocked if Lukaku ever become 1st choice striker for Belgium. Simply not good enough.

How rich coming from you :rolleyes::halo:

Yeah and tbh Costa at this rate may not even be no.1 striker for Spain. We thought he was their saviour but let's be honest, his goal return for them is poor and I would not be surprised to see him dropped because it is not working. People actually thought Origi was better than Luakku based on a little world cup cameo, LOL.

explain how that is ridicuous??? until he proves himself at a top team it is very fair to say he cant hack it in a top team, he didnt at Chelsea and hasnt for Belgium, the only teams he has done well at is Anderlecht, West Brom and Everton, 3 very average teams, there have been countless players in the past who do well for average teams but isnt good enough to do it at a top team, until he proves otherwise Lukaku has to be in that bracket

Yeah, because he really spent a season here being our no.1 striker didn't he? :rolleyes:

Yeah and tbh Costa at this rate may not even be no.1 striker for Spain. We thought he was their saviour but let's be honest, his goal return for them is poor and I would not be surprised to see him dropped because it is not working. People actually thought Origi was better than Luakku based on a little world cup cameo, LOL.

Costa will clearly be Spain's first choice striker, Del Bosque is happy with him, if you actually watched Costa play for Spain you would know he has done well even though they dont play to his strengths, Spain use him more to occupy the CB's and to make runs to create space for his team-mates, if Spain drop Iniesta and play Cazorla and Cesc it would suit Costa much better as they are more direct and will play those passes through to Costa much quicker, its only a matter of time until Costa starts scoring regularly for Spain as Iniesta is in decline.

and Origi was much better then Lukaku, last year, he came into the Belgium team and literally stole Lukaku's place off of him and once again Lukaku couldnt handle it, which again shows why Lukaku wont ever make it at a top club, he simpy cant handle competition.

Yeah, because he really spent a season here being our no.1 striker didn't he? :rolleyes:

No he didnt, why because he didnt want to try and earn that number 1 spot, he ran off as he cant hande competition for places.

Costa will clearly be Spain's first choice striker, Del Bosque is happy with him, if you actually watched Costa play for Spain you would know he has done well even though they dont play to his strengths, Spain use him more to occupy the CB's and to make runs to create space for his team-mates, if Spain drop Iniesta and play Cazorla and Cesc it would suit Costa much better as they are more direct and will play those passes through to Costa much quicker, its only a matter of time until Costa starts scoring regularly for Spain as Iniesta is in decline.

and Origi was much better then Lukaku, last year, he came into the Belgium team and literally stole Lukaku's place off of him and once again Lukaku couldnt handle it, which again shows why Lukaku wont ever make it at a top club, he simpy cant handle competition.

No he didnt, why because he didnt want to try and earn that number 1 spot, he ran off as he cant hande competition for places.

Let me guess. You probably said the same about KDB when he left Chelsea because he did not want to handle competition. He is at City now for one of the biggest transfer fees. Clearly disproves your point..

As for your last point, I am going to leave it there because we keep going round in circles and we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Let me guess. You probably said the same about KDB when he left Chelsea because he did not want to handle competition. He is at City now for one of the biggest transfer fees. Clearly disproves your point..

As for your last point, I am going to leave it there because we keep going round in circles and we are just going to have to agree to disagree,

mourinho also said KdB wasnt ready to compete every dsy for his place

"Mourinho said: "With De Bruyne, if you have a player knocking on your door and crying every day he wants to leave, you have to make a decision. At that time, Chelsea did well

"If De Bruyne stayed here, not happy and not motivated, and we'd sold him after a year, we'd have got less - 50 per cent less than we sold him for.

"But, if he was at Chelsea and not at Wolfsburg, he wouldn't have reached this level. It was like a wall, a block.

"He was not ready to compete. He was an upset kid, training very bad.

So similar situation to Lukaku where he wanted guarenteed starting place but wasnt up to fighting for it

As for your last point, I am going to leave it there because we keep going round in circles and we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

what on earth are you talking about, show me where i said that about KdB??? so no it doesnt disprove my point, if anything it strengthens my point as you had to just competely make that up! LOL

dude, even i have stopped arguing with him.

i mean someone who thinks aguero and costa are on the same level. or lewa and costa are on the same level. or that costa is the 2nd best striker in the world.

or that kdb is so and so and so...

i mean the amount of garbage said, the amount of fake stats put in by just that one poster is actually incredible. i mean not everyone can do it. :lol:

mourinho also said KdB wasnt ready to compete every dsy for his place

"Mourinho said: "With De Bruyne, if you have a player knocking on your door and crying every day he wants to leave, you have to make a decision. At that time, Chelsea did well

"If De Bruyne stayed here, not happy and not motivated, and we'd sold him after a year, we'd have got less - 50 per cent less than we sold him for.

"But, if he was at Chelsea and not at Wolfsburg, he wouldn't have reached this level. It was like a wall, a block.

"He was not ready to compete. He was an upset kid, training very bad.

So similar situation to Lukaku where he wanted guarenteed starting place but wasnt up to fighting for it

Well, that can either be true, or Mourinho is full of shit.

No other manager ever complained about KDB's training spirit, on the contrary...

Maybe that's because other managers play him regularly...?

Maybe, but it doesn't seem to be a player who would stop training hard when he doesn't get chances. His character is very strong. Probably had a couple of words with Mourinho and it costed him...

Well, that can either be true, or Mourinho is full of shit.

No other manager ever complained about KDB's training spirit, on the contrary...

Well his coach at Wolfsburg said the same and even Kevin himself said that he couldn't motivate himself if he didn't get regular playing time. I agree that he is a great player but at the time I believe everybody involved made the right choices. KDB was at the time not training well (even he admitted that) and not playing well. Why should he have started over Hazard, Oscar (Brazillian number 10), Mata (2 times Chelsea player of the year) or Schürrle? (who had better stats than KDB in the BL and offered something different to our team) The training thing wouldn't have been a problem if he had played better (Hazard is no stud in training either) but since he was not training well and getting angry if things didn't work out on training. (quote by Wilmots) than I can understand Mourinho not selecting him given the other options that he had. It's a shame that Kevin had to go because I love him as a player but I can't see what mistakes Mourinho has made in this situation. If he had given trust to Kevin it would have meant benching Juan all the time and that doesn't seem fair either.

Link (in Dutch) about Hecking saying KDB doesn't like training (and that was during a good period for KDB not a bad one like he had at Chelsea)

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20141126_01397940