Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He has two years left before he'll be 24+. You seem to ignore that.

Also, Drogba was 26 before he came here. You could even argue that Atletico only became a top team again 3 years ago, which would make Costa 24+ before reaching that level as well.

Drogba like Ian Wright were late bloomers, Lukaku clearly isnt, as he already has a few years of PL and International experience. Costa suffered a serious knee injury at 22 years old which set him back, and made his progression to the top a bit slower then it would have

Drogba like Ian Wright were late bloomers, Lukaku clearly isnt, as he already has a few years of PL and International experience. Costa suffered a serious knee injury at 22 years old which set him back, and made his progression to the top a bit slower then it would have

We'll see dude, we'll see.

Every player bar Ronaldo and Messi has dips in form over a long season, even if replace Costa with someone else, he will have dips in form, if that said forwards dip in form coincides with a Lukaku good spell of form, are we going to have to hear all this "should have kept Lukaku" every single time?

Every time Tibo let's in a goal on the same weekend Cech keeps a clean sheet?

Now I don't mind people thinking Lukaku is as good if not better than Costa, its just annoying that these posts are only coming out now when they have a position of strength due to the current form of both, I honestly don't think Lukaku is anywhere near as good as Costa, I said that last season when Costa got 9 in 5 and Lukaku was getting outperformed by 33 year old Eto'o, I say the same now when the Brazilians not in good form and Romelu is.

What's worst is theirs so much pining over Lukaku and KDB (admitedtly I'm starting to swing to the mistake side of the fence regarding his sale tho) that its almost forgotten we actually still have two exceptionally talented Belgium players, the best keeper of this upcoming generation and imo the best after the two super freaks (like with Costa, it will take more than two months to deter my opinion), if Tibo and Eden (who are still OUR players) got half the appreciation and passionate defences on here that the two ex Belgium blues get, this place would be such a happier place.

It's better than it was last year, couldn't be much worse really, but he is still phone to awful decisions which keep stalling him.

I knew this would happen as soon as Lukaku has a good spell at the same time Costa has a bad run, i said that this time last yeAr actually.

In fact, this time last year Costa had 9 in 5 while Lukaku was getting outperformed by a 33 year old Eto'o, I'm sorry but 8 games is just too small sample siZe to say he's caught Costa.

this has nothing to do with costa's bad spell.

you can go to the costa thread and even when he was banging in goals, some people like lionsden were still saying that his hold up and link up play was average. it has nothing to do with his "dry spell".

the point being lukaku is 22 and has some massive potentials.

despite lukaku "struggling" last season and having a poor season, he had 20 goals and 7 assists compared to costa's 20 goals and 5 assists.

its not just 8 games which are being used to do this.

Last Season

Lukaku 20 goals in 48 games or 0.41 goals per game

Costa 21 goals in 37 games or 0.56 goals per game

no mattter what way you look at it Costa is a level above Lukaku, Costa is world class Lukaku will most likely never become world class.

lukaku - 20 goals, 7 assists, 3749minutes -> 138min/goalandassist

costa - 20goals, 5 assits, 2915minutes -> 116.6 min/goalandassist

aguero - 32 goals, 9 assists, 3186minutes -> 77.7 min/goalandassist

if costa is a level over lukaku then aguero should be 2 or 3 levels over costa, right?

also, does that mean lukaku currently is a better striker cos his stats are way better than costa's. the point of showing lukaku's stats in the previos reply was simply to show that a 21 year old striker had scored 20 goals in a season and it was said that he had a "disappointing" season.

lukaku - 20 goals, 7 assists, 3749minutes -> 138min/goalandassist

costa - 20goals, 5 assits, 2915minutes -> 116.6 min/goalandassist

aguero - 32 goals, 9 assists, 3186minutes -> 77.7 min/goalandassist

if costa is a level over lukaku then aguero should be 2 or 3 levels over costa, right?

also, does that mean lukaku currently is a better striker cos his stats are way better than costa's. the point of showing lukaku's stats in the previos reply was simply to show that a 21 year old striker had scored 20 goals in a season and it was said that he had a "disappointing" season.

I like how you add assists to try and boost Lukaku and Aguero's stats, so below are non penalty goals from last season.

Lukaku 16 goals in 3736 minutes or goal every 233 minutes

Costa 20 goals in 2863 minutes or goal every 143 minutes

Aguero 25 goals in 3201 minutes or goal every 128 minutes

So yes Lukaku is a level below, maybe 2 levels below, as a number of Lukaku's goals were in the Europa League.

I like how you add assists to try and boost Lukaku and Aguero's stats, so below are non penalty goals from last season.

Lukaku 16 goals in 3736 minutes or goal every 233 minutes

Costa 20 goals in 2863 minutes or goal every 143 minutes

Aguero 25 goals in 3201 minutes or goal every 128 minutes

So yes Lukaku is a level below, maybe 2 levels below, as a number of Lukaku's goals were in the Europa League.

and also remeber Aguero scored hattricks agaist Bayern and Qpr, Bayern were already through and not really bothered about that game, and Qpr didnt even turn up as they already accepted they were going down, those were games where Aguero boosted his stats by preying on teams who really were not up for it.

dude, even i have stopped arguing with him.

i mean someone who thinks aguero and costa are on the same level. or lewa and costa are on the same level. or that costa is the 2nd best striker in the world.

or that kdb is so and so and so...

i mean the amount of garbage said, the amount of fake stats put in by just that one poster is actually incredible. i mean not everyone can do it. :lol:

LOOL oh the irony!

fact is i back up my opinions! over the last 4 season Costa has been more impressive then Aguero and Lewandowski! you are the person who thinks Matic is playing bad and cant even do the basics because of Fabregas! LOL

You talk more BS then anyone! i back up what i say, you dont, that is the difference.

and also remeber Aguero scored hattricks agaist Bayern and Qpr, Bayern were already through and not really bothered about that game, and Qpr didnt even turn up as they already accepted they were going down, those were games where Aguero boosted his stats by preying on teams who really were not up for it.

At least Aguero managed to score a hattrick against a quality team like Bayern....Costa has been almost non-existent in the Champions league with Chelsea

At least Aguero managed to score a hattrick against a quality team like Bayern....Costa has been almost non-existent in the Champions league with Chelsea

with Chelsea the only quality team he has played against in the CL is PSG, where as a team we were awful. Aguero has never done anything of note in the KO stages, Costa has for Atletico when he played a big role in getting them to the CL Final!

LOOL oh the irony!

fact is i back up my opinions! over the last 4 season Costa has been more impressive then Aguero and Lewandowski! you are the person who thinks Matic is playing bad and cant even do the basics because of Fabregas! LOL

You talk more BS then anyone! i back up what i say, you dont, that is the difference.

hahahhaha...

the last 4 years? seriously?

did not i OWN you and your dubious stats on that. or should i embarass you AGAIN. oh wait, oscar has played more minutes than messi, right?

and matic has been "awful" and yet he was one of our best player against city, palace and everton. but dont let that blind u to facts.

but u do backup what u say by quoting out of the world stats.

hahahhaha...

the last 4 years? seriously?

did not i OWN you and your dubious stats on that. or should i embarass you AGAIN. oh wait, oscar has played more minutes than messi, right?

and matic has been "awful" and yet he was one of our best player against city, palace and everton. but dont let that blind u to facts.

but u do backup what u say by quoting out of the world stats.

LOOL! yes last 4 years! I owned you like I always do on that topic before, you ran off and had no reply! And as for dubious stats you are the king at that! Just like you have prove once again today by trying to add assist stats to boost up Aguero and Lukaku! LOOOL

And as for Matic once again I owned you on that topic where you even had to backtrack and admit he wasn't the best in all 3 of those games! LOL

So if you want to get owned again, that is fine by me.

LOOL! yes last 4 years! I owned you like I always do on that topic before, you ran off and had no reply! And as for dubious stats you are the king at that! Just like you have prove once again today by trying to add assist stats to boost up Aguero and Lukaku! LOOOL

And as for Matic once again I owned you on that topic where you even had to backtrack and admit he wasn't the best in all 3 of those games! LOL

So if you want to get owned again, that is fine by me.

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18470-19-diego-costa/?p=1154204

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18470-19-diego-costa/?p=1154203

hahahahahha,,, embarassing indeed. last 4 years, thats what u said, right?

true, assists are not a part of football. ozil and mata are shit. lol

but dont worry dude, oscar played more minutes than messi. hahahahah

delusions of grandeur. i mean calling matic awful and then literally having no answer when shown why he clearly was no where near that.

aything that helps u sleep at night buddy.

"costa is world class" :lol:

fact is i back up my opinions! over the last 4 season Costa has been more impressive then Aguero and Lewandowski!

Ludicrous statement. Only in the 13/14 season did he score more goals than those two (and 3 more than Aguero in 12/13). They beat him in every season besides that one. In 12/13 he scored 20 goals, but only 10 in the Primera division and the rest in the Europa League, something you downgrade Lukaku's stats for.

You're nothing but a troll.

How is this debate still going? :lol:
Do people really believe Lukaku is already as good as Diego or DD? His career can go up or down really, what he showed so far is that he isn't ready to compete for his spot, something most belgian players (not all) are badly coached about.
Inbefore someone will quote me with a lengthy answer on how Belgium produces only perfect players, comparable to several new Jesuses.