Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

That's a well-established fact ... 3,7 poor touches for Costa ... 2,3 for Lukaku (so far this season)

1,8 for Lukaku and 2,2 for Costa in 2014/15

1,6 for Lukaku and 2,9 for Costa in 2013/14

1,4 for Lukaku and 1,9 for Costa in 2012/13

ty was looking forward to that.

If you would really know & follow him... you would see he is extremely mature for a football player

How much do you know him? Is he your friend or family member?

If you only watch the games and read the newspapers you don't "know him", you just follow his career.

He obviously wanted to move away from his favorite club because he did not see him self challenging old Samuel Eto'o and shit Fernando Torres. Thats not very ambitious. Even worse that he was/is (who knows now?) a huge Chelsea fan! He already got into his favorite club but didn't want to work harder than everyone for the chance, like Zouma has done.

If you only watch the games and read the newspapers you don't "know him", you just follow his career.

He obviously wanted to move away from his favorite club because he did not see him self challenging old Samuel Eto'o and shit Fernando Torres. Thats not very ambitious. Even worse that he was/is (who knows now?) a huge Chelsea fan! He already got into his favorite club but didn't want to work harder than everyone for the chance, like Zouma has done.

To be fair Demba ba noted that strikers here get played on name alone.

Hi Yeboli,

he's not a family member... and I wouldn't say he's a good friend of mine. But I met him several times at Anderlecht and also had quite a few conversations with him, teammates and people around him.

The father of my best friend was the Head of Medical Staff at Anderlecht when Romelu walked into the first team.

So my opinion is not based on television & newspapers... but on real life talks and opinions with Romelu himself and with people very close to him.

If I can tell you one thing... Media reports are often real bullshit! In the whole 'Lukaku has no ambition and doesn't want to fight for his spot' case... I can really tell you this was just one big media joke!

Same thing with his 'reputation' as the one who speaks to the press about everything.

I will defend him as long as I am a member on this forum... because this is really just not true and totally not fair to Romelu!

Hi Yeboli,

he's not a family member... and I wouldn't say he's a good friend of mine. But I met him several times at Anderlecht and also had quite a few conversations with him, teammates and people around him.

The father of my best friend was the Head of Medical Staff at Anderlecht when Romelu walked into the first team.

So my opinion is not based on television & newspapers... but on real life talks and opinions with Romelu himself and with people very close to him.

If I can tell you one thing... Media reports are often real bullshit! In the whole 'Lukaku has no ambition and doesn't want to fight for his spot' case... I can really tell you this was just one big media joke!

Same thing with his 'reputation' as the one who speaks to the press about everything.

I will defend him as long as I am a member on this forum... because this is really just not true and totally not fair to Romelu!

Alright, thats fair enough. I wonder, though, why he left his favorite club instead of fighting for his spot. I know at least that if I was playing for Chelsea I wouldn't have left, instead I would have tried and tried to play as much as possible. At least, I wouldn't go from a world class club to a lesser one like Everton.

I was a big fan of Lukaku and was rooting for him to be our next top striker. I'm pretty sure Mourinho was as well.

You don't really believe that do you? :D

Yes. I do. Why is that hard to believe?

Big trophies>Big strikers if you think the club was looking for publicity and fans.

You REALLY should use better sources Pacquiao. The whole mentality problem was simply created by tabloids. If you would really know & follow him... you would see he is extremely mature for a football player AND a 22 year old!!

He's 100% professional and just wants to play, work hard and score goals.

Do you also realize he scored 46(!!!) goals in 4 premier league seasons... at the age of 22(!). He's even in the TOP 100 all time EPL goal scorers.

You're just making a fool of yourself when laughing at his career! If he would have stayed at Chelsea... that would be maybe 10 goals in 20% of the appearances he had now!

I also might tell you something you didn't know about Lukaku and CL. Did you know he scored 7 goals in 13 apps at the age of 16-17?

oh dear, there is no denying Lukaku didnt want to compete with Torres and Eto'o, it was a perfect situation for him to grow and develop at Chelsea, you are deuded if you think he wouldnt play, as i said if he just kept his mouth shut and worked hard he would have been 1st choice in no time ahead of Torres and Eto'o but he would rather take the easy option, and not fight for his place and play for a team with no pressure, that is why he will never be a world class striker, look at Costa he settled for playing on the wing in 2012/13 as he is strong mentally and believed in his ability, he knew he woud get his chance to be Atletico's 1st choice striker and he took it and had a better season then any striker in the world has had in a long time, scoring 36 goals and winning La Liga.

Lukaku is happy playing for a mickey mouse team, who challenge for nothing! Ronaldo was becoming a star at Sporting Lisbon and could have stayed there a few more years playing every week and staring in the portuguese league, but he is also strong mentally and backed his ability and came to one of the biggest teams on the planet and ended up becoming a star there, Lukaku is weak mentally simple as that, he will never become a top player as he doesnt have the right mentaity.

oh dear, there is no denying Lukaku didnt want to compete with Torres and Eto'o, it was a perfect situation for him to grow and develop at Chelsea, you are deuded if you think he wouldnt play, as i said if he just kept his mouth shut and worked hard he would have been 1st choice in no time ahead of Torres and Eto'o but he would rather take the easy option, and not fight for his place and play for a team with no pressure, that is why he will never be a world class striker, look at Costa he settled for playing on the wing in 2012/13 as he is strong mentally and believed in his ability, he knew he woud get his chance to be Atletico's 1st choice striker and he took it and had a better season then any striker in the world has had in a long time, scoring 36 goals and winning La Liga.

Lukaku is happy playing for a mickey mouse team, who challenge for nothing! Ronaldo was becoming a star at Sporting Lisbon and could have stayed there a few more years playing every week and staring in the portuguese league, but he is also strong mentally and backed his ability and came to one of the biggest teams on the planet and ended up becoming a star there, Lukaku is weak mentally simple as that, he will never become a top player as he doesnt have the right mentaity.

I'm very happy that we have people on this forum that know everything.

Thx for your update and insights Pacquiao!

ps: what will you do if Romelu plays for a european top team in a few years, becoming a world class striker? I vote for running the London Marathon in a Chicken Costume! Who's in for a bet?

Do you not understand? He is only 22 years old. Who gives a fuck if he is not at a big club now? Many top stars have been at much more average clubs at a similar age? There are many. He has another decade to be playing at the top level. His big move will come. He done the right thing in moving rather than warming the bench. Lukaku is ambitious and when the time is right will get his move and be a star imo. Hope you are still on the forum by then.

Do you not understand? He is only 22 years old. Who gives a fuck if he is not at a big club now? Many top stars have been at much more average clubs at a similar age? There are many. He has another decade to be playing at the top level. His big move will come. He done the right thing in moving rather than warming the bench. Lukaku is ambitious and when the time is right will get his move and be a star imo. Hope you are still on the forum by then.

No i think you dont understand, Lukaku was seen as a one of the best young players in Europe who had potential to be world class, he came to Chelsea and couldnt handle it, now he has spent his time developing at mickey mouse teams like West Brom and Everton, developing at those clubs will not make him a top striker, Ronaldo prefered to develop at a top team like Man United rather then staying in his comfort zone at Sporting, Kaka done the same he chose to move to Milan and take his game to the next level rather then take the easy option and stay in Brazil, same with Neymar, same with Hazard, same with Isco the list goes on. But Lukaku decided to take a step down and not challenge himself, which is why he will never be one of the very best strikers.

and you are deluded if you think Lukaku would have been a bench warmer here.

IGNORE him he is a TROLL