Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Are you trying to compare Lukaku with these players? You missed my point. I said if that penalty was the reason he lost faith and asked to be loaned out then yes, he was weak at that moment. But he's still young and there is more than enough time to build that kind of character. Problem is: you can't built it playing for Everton (no disrespect), only by playing on the biggest stages for the strongest clubs.

you said he had a weak mentality .. do you still say that ,,, and on what evidence ?

Weak mentality, if that is the case. Hopefully he has improved on that matter.

Boy was that a poor penalty, one of the worst I've ever seen from a Chelsea player.

you call it weak mentality, i call it being young.

Lukaku has been under pressure from age 16 and still he always has dilivered .

i dont think someone with a weak mentality can do that

KDB started the first game last season and he played against United after that. His attitude in training was the reason he was dropped.

That still baffles me, since he was always known as a very responsible, hard working player in Belgium as far as I know.

My guess is that he got too mouthy, and there's only one guy at Chelsea allowed to do that. ;-)

That said, the competition was of course brutal too. We'll see in the long run if he could have made it to that level. He'll be a starter on the World Cup for sure btw.

He has done enough already proven himself second year in a row about damm time he comes home and get's his chance I hope the chelsea board have learn from their mistakes just look at daniel sturridge it hurts to my stomach too see him play week in week out in red and to think that season before he left he was only competing with torres and still coulnd't get a sniff at first team football unbelievable.

He has done enough already proven himself second year in a row about damm time he comes home and get's his chance I hope the chelsea board have learn from their mistakes just look at daniel sturridge it hurts to my stomach too see him play week in week out in red and to think that season before he left he was only competing with torres and still coulnd't get a sniff at first team football unbelievable.

The mistake with Sturridge is that we chose Torres and Ba to replace him. The situation with Lukaku is that we will be clearly replacing him with Costa/Mandzukic-2 superior strikers.

The mistake with Sturridge is that we chose Torres and Ba to replace him. The situation with Lukaku is that we will be clearly replacing him with Costa/Mandzukic-2 superior strikers.

Costa is superior than Lukaku, I agree, but Mandzukic is no better than Ba.

I'll be really happy if Lukaku stays with us.

That also and that rdm didn't know how to get the best out of him. Under avb he clearly was one of our better players. Im not so sure about mandzukic to be honest. If lukaku is this good at this age at 20 years-old then the sky is the limit for him.

I love Lukaku and want him back at the club but he has a long way to go in terms of being the striker we need him to be. His touch is really poor and doesn't really use his body well enough either.

I'd say he's still about 3-4yrs away from being the type of striker the is feared. His body is mature, his footballing ability still immature in my amateur opinion

He's never going to be the striker some of you want him to be, but he's got a nose for goals which is something many strikers lack. It's really a trade off imo. I'd love for him to continue to develop his touch but touch is one of those things that you are born with and can hone but obviously you can't become Messi or Hazard just from training. I don't know that he has that high of a ceiling when it comes to touch.