Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

It's no secret that he was overweight. Not only he was getting so big he didn't resemble a footballer but from what I've seen Lukaku didn't know how to fully take advantage of his mass. Afaik the club stopped weight training as soon as he arrived. Luckily he's still young so his individual training most probably comprises of footwork rather than gym.

Yes looks very different.

But I always thought his power an his body are his best atributes???

The Blackburn made me think of playing him more next season. Such as this years rotation between Torres and Drogba. Of course some more time for Fernando, but this guy has to play!

Torres with Mata in the hole is first choice. Lukaku with Sturridge as second striker should be 2nd choice. We get to keep the same formation and everyone plays in their best positions.

Torres (Lukaku)

LW (Hazard, Ramires) - Mata (Sturridge) - RW (Marin, Hulk)

:D

Interesting that he previous manager has said that the reason Lukaku wasn't getting much game time was because Chelsea were reconditioning his body. Apparently he was too muscular at Anderlecht. Saw a pic of him on twitter and he really has lost a lot of mass. Hopefully we should see him in action a lot more next season.

IMG-20120501-00196.jpg

Certainly has slimmed down, anyone know his current weight now compared to when he started?

The Blackburn made me think of playing him more next season. Such as this years rotation between Torres and Drogba. Of course some more time for Fernando, but this guy has to play!

He was having too much body fat. Drogba is strong and isn't so big.

You can drop some weight and still maintain your power.

Certainly has slimmed down, anyone know his current weight now compared to when he started?

I read somewhere he was the heaviest PL footballer at the start of the season, don't know how legit it was but he looked really big when he first signed.

I read somewhere he was the heaviest PL footballer at the start of the season, don't know how legit it was but he looked really big when he first signed.

Think I saw that in one of the FFT magazine. Can't remember which month it was.

Just read that he has something to prove in pre-season however several times this season the Chelsea staff have had to almost carry him out of nightclubs at the early hours of the morning.

Hope he gets his head down and makes a real go of his career here, certainly has the physical attributes to do so.

Just read that he has something to prove in pre-season however several times this season the Chelsea staff have had to almost carry him out of nightclubs at the early hours of the morning.

Hope he gets his head down and makes a real go of his career here, certainly has the physical attributes to do so.

Read where? Source?

I find that hard to believe.