Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

1 minute ago, johnnythefirst said:

Every country has its stereotypes, but after lots and lots of traveling, I've realized that in reality the differences exist mostly on an individual level. People are the same everywhere. Some are loud, some are quiet, some are nice, some are assholes, some are shy, some are extrovert and so on. 

Dont wink when you're hinting I'm a racist.

"Some are loud, some are quiet, some are nice, some are assholes, some are shy, some are extrovert". 

This decribes my moods during a match.

3 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Maybe you could enlighten me, but I am wondering -why aren't Chelsea interested in Lacazette? As a matter of fact, why aren't more top clubs interested in him?! Is it OL's asking price? Is there something wrong with the player? His attitude? His commitment to the game? Because for me he is a wonderful striker, a modern predator, worth every penny.

Deschamps' decision to keep him out of the Euros squad left me baffled to be fair, for me he is head and shoulders above Giroud and Gignac. Is there anything about him that could keep managers/clubs from looking at him as a potential signing?

I am afraid that I am as much in the dark as you on the subject... Though I will try to give you a "generic" answer (that should still have some relevance)...

Nowadays, before being a sport, football is a profession, an economy. And in today's economy system, it is more easier to get a (high ranked) job if you are an incompetent individual having the right network, knowing the right persons, than to be a competent individual and having no network (that being said, it always have been the case, not solely in the modern society). The perfect example is Bébé from Manchester — he is/was a nobody but had the privilege to have Mendes as his agent. I presume that Lacazette does not have a "good" agent.

Then, a player ought to be marketable if he wants to attract big clubs. The Pogba case illustrates very well the fact that you buy hype and not necessarily tangible football skill. Pogba is a good player, that's it ; but he has the appropriate sophisticated haircut and he makes, from time to time, the luxurious trick that is good looking on youtube. If you look at Lacazette, he looks like your average Joe that you could encounter everyday in any French town and he is not really a flashy player.

As for France and the Euros, I do not really know... Giroud is playing for Arsenal — i.e. "big club" and the "French connection" — so he is de facto selected. As for Gignac......... To be honest with you, when I saw him on the field (I had not been bothered to look at the team selection for the Euro), I was left bemused....... I could not make out whether I was watching a game from 2010 or something of the sort. I guess he was selected because he had played two years with Marseille when Deschamps were their manager — national teams' managers do seem to prefer to select people they know than people they do not, even if the formers are better than the latters. This is the only rational explaination that I can offer.

I guess that Lacazette is one of those talented players that will never make it on the big scene because he has not the right face or not the right name (it reminds me of Riquelme for instance). Well, I believe that I have stated the obvious and I hope that my answer is not that useless for you !

4 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

It's good but not top class,Lukaku's movement is just as good.

No it ain't, Lukaku often makes terrible runs or doesn't make the the run atall, I remember twice vs Italy he ould have been through on goal had he made a good run, but didn't.

Costa on the other hand his movement has defenders tripping over themselves, he's just as big a reason as to why we stopped struggling to break down parkedbuses in 14/15 as Cesc, If not more.

Maybe you could enlighten me, but I am wondering -why aren't Chelsea interested in Lacazette? As a matter of fact, why aren't more top clubs interested in him?! Is it OL's asking price? Is there something wrong with the player? His attitude? His commitment to the game? Because for me he is a wonderful striker, a modern predator, worth every penny.

Deschamps' decision to keep him out of the Euros squad left me baffled to be fair, for me he is head and shoulders above Giroud and Gignac. Is there anything about him that could keep managers/clubs from looking at him as a potential signing?

Allow me to share some of my knowledge/personal view.

As far as I know OL is not really looking to sell the player, as they'll be playing in the UCL next season and still want to compete for trophies domestically. So unless they get a big offer it's unlikely that they sell him. Remember Michy was sold for 40m so imagine what OL will be trying to get for the ligue1 player of the year 2015 and their best scorer for a couple seasons now.

Deschamps did not pick him because he failed to impress when he was called unlike Gignac. Giroud plays at Arsenal(big club) so he gets his spot instantly.

Personally I don't rate lacazette very highly. I think he lacks a lot of qualities to be a top player. His runs are very sharp and he has an insane pace but his finishing is not too good, he misses a lot. He cant play back to goal and depends vastly on the service he gets. He tends to almost dissapear when his team is suffering. Although he improved a little in this aspect this season and started to try to get more involved in the buildup or at recovering the ball so props to him there.

He is not really a hothead or anything like that but not a saint either. Does not get along with some of his teamates and he complains a lot when he doesnt get a good service but nothing that makes him unmanageable if thats what you had in mind.

Come on,tell me one thing Costa does better than Lukaku?

One thing? Almost everything, except less strong and less fast.

Costa, much better off ball movement; much better first touch and link up play; better hold up play; better dribbling; much much better fighting spirit.... Should I go on?

Seriously I'm not saying Lukaku is dirt shit but to say he is better than Costa in every aspect is just utter nonsense.

Just now, Ryan Fong said:

One thing? Almost everything, except less stronger and less faster.

Costa, much better off ball movement; much better first touch and link up play; better hold up play; better dribbling; much much better fighting spirit.... Should I go on?

Seriously I'm not saying Lukaku is dirt shit but to say he is better than Costa in every aspect is just utter nonsense.

This is so wrong.

This is so wrong.

Like I said, it's pointless to discuss, why the hell did I reply...

Anyway, keep believing what you believe mate, as far as I known you're the absolute minority on this debate. End of discussion, take care :)

"Lukaku is better than Diego Costa", hahaha, how ridiculous. Amazing how even devalue Diego, funny that every market he is disputed by other clubs, imagine if it was good.

Lukaku is a good striker, may one day be better than him... But compare them currently is cluelessness. Out of Diego to Lukaku would be a very large decline (the same goes for the limited Morata), the right thing to do at the moment is to keep Costa and focus on what really needs ... Defenders and side.

If we buy this guy back for the reported fee of 60 million!  I will seriously give up holding any type of expectations that our board will steer this club in the right direction to dominate Europe. It would be the worse decision made since Roman took over the club. I know we shouldn't look too far into the rumours that circle the gossip collumns but this is starting to come up more often than I would like to see. Please for the love of the footballing Gods don't do this Roman. 

Are we really comparing Costa to Lukaku?

They're worlds apart, but then again Diego is far from being technical and still far superior to Lukaku in that department. That tells everything you need to know about Lukaku.

I must admit his big mouth made me have a huge dislike for him, but if I got over my personal problems with Cesc I can with anyone.

Being completely unbiased by my personal dislike for Lukaku, he's the farthest kind of striker we  should be aiming for.

He has strength on his side and the odd day when he actually does something worth mentioning. Other than this sloppy passing, limited reading of the game, idiotic positioning at many times, easily marked out of matches, terrible first touch,  he comes with an ego bigger than the whole UK, self-entitlement and complete lack of knowledge of what earning recognition is, instead of simply bagging a bunch of tap-ins against second rated sides in the league to inflate his stats numbers. If we paid half of what we sold him for, it would be stupidity, let alone double that. Emenalo needs to get over stupid obsessions if the report of this being his dream target for months is true.

Actually if that's true it just reinforces my idea that we need to get rid of him asap.

On 7/21/2016 at 9:01 AM, Peace. said:

I am afraid that I am as much in the dark as you on the subject... Though I will try to give you a "generic" answer (that should still have some relevance)...

Nowadays, before being a sport, football is a profession, an economy. And in today's economy system, it is more easier to get a (high ranked) job if you are an incompetent individual having the right network, knowing the right persons, than to be a competent individual and having no network (that being said, it always have been the case, not solely in the modern society). The perfect example is Bébé from Manchester — he is/was a nobody but had the privilege to have Mendes as his agent. I presume that Lacazette does not have a "good" agent.

Then, a player ought to be marketable if he wants to attract big clubs. The Pogba case illustrates very well the fact that you buy hype and not necessarily tangible football skill. Pogba is a good player, that's it ; but he has the appropriate sophisticated haircut and he makes, from time to time, the luxurious trick that is good looking on youtube. If you look at Lacazette, he looks like your average Joe that you could encounter everyday in any French town and he is not really a flashy player.

As for France and the Euros, I do not really know... Giroud is playing for Arsenal — i.e. "big club" and the "French connection" — so he is de facto selected. As for Gignac......... To be honest with you, when I saw him on the field (I had not been bothered to look at the team selection for the Euro), I was left bemused....... I could not make out whether I was watching a game from 2010 or something of the sort. I guess he was selected because he had played two years with Marseille when Deschamps were their manager — national teams' managers do seem to prefer to select people they know than people they do not, even if the formers are better than the latters. This is the only rational explaination that I can offer.

I guess that Lacazette is one of those talented players that will never make it on the big scene because he has not the right face or not the right name (it reminds me of Riquelme for instance). Well, I believe that I have stated the obvious and I hope that my answer is not that useless for you !

But .....Lacazette,,,! That's such a cool name, how could he not get any more attention.??..:(

But yeah on a more serious note, have to agree with your post. Its probably why he hasn't gathered much attention. You see how guys like Railoa making the headlines and seemingly calling the shots on deals between big clubs, and its difficult to think otherwise...  I think it might change if he moved to a league that has a bigger spotlight on him.

Romelu Lukaku is determined to leave Goodison Park this summer and believes re-signing for his old club #Chelsea is still possible. [Sun]

Romelu Lukaku has told pals he has unfinished business at Stamford Bridge and is willing to go back to #Chelsea this summer. [Sun]

Everton are resigned to losing Romelu Lukaku and want to make sure they have alternative firepower for the start of the season. [Sun]