Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

It's not the end of the world. It's disappointing that we didn't win but on the plus side I thought we played very well especially defensively...I think we can take a lot of good points from this game not least of which: Torres by far man of the match.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not what we wanted but not the end of the world by any means. Really tough place to go and the usual negative tactics form stoke just stifled everything we did. Fernando Torres take a bow today son, really really impressed with him,did everything he could to open their defence up. We should have had a pen but it wasnt to be. On to the next one but serious look needs to be had at Malouda and Kalou who were less than impressive. KTBFFH

The two manchester clubs see Chelsea in the same light as liverpool & arsenal now.

AVB has nothing to work with here, and the club won't sign him any first team material.

Who cares how they see us? didnt understand this statment, just like your second one, the club won't sign him any first team material?

Are you sure we should listen to you? cause its look like we are trying hard to sign Modric, and AVB says he wants two more players.

Lets wait and see...

Positives:

Sturridge to come in

Lukaku to come in

Romeu to come in

Luiz to come in

Modric? to come in

a winger to come in

Piazon to come in January

Torres, Cech, Ramires and Mikel were brilliant

Negatives:

Kalou

Lampard

Malouda

No creativity

I'm actually happy with a point in all honesty. Stoke is a tough venue to go and get a win. I believe the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool would have found it tough there as well, so it's okay. Kalou was poor though! Absolutely poor... if we had Sturridge on the right rather than Kalou, I reckon we could have seen more pace and speed down the wings, and Torres would have got a goal or two.

Torres looked spectacular. He may have not scored, but he was able to find spaces up front and get past players. If he gets in his stride as the season goes on, he will be banging in the goals.

Ramires I also thought had an excellent game. He was getting to the ball really quickly and passing well.

Overall... I thought our performance was not up to scratch, but I'm happy with getting a point at Stoke. Hopefully we'll put it all right at home to West Brom next week.

Thank fuck for that, some pragmatism. Great post.

Feeling a bit angry tbh because we were screwed by a referee. We were excellent in the 2nd half and did absolutely everything but score. That Mark Halsey was obviously wanting Stoke to get something because those penalties were blatant, not just 50/50 but fucking blatant. Maybe even 3 penalties, it brings back memories of Barcelona.

No complaints from my team, no complaints from the commitment, just feeling a bit gutted because when you dominate a game so much, you should win it. We are CLEARLY lacking the winger and the creative midfielder but i think it might be addressed after watching this game.

If we play like this every week, we can win this premiership.

Deep down, before the game, I might have been okay with a point at Britannia. But not after watching that game. We defended the corners and throwins of Stoke well, so they weren't going to score. I thought if we had found the goal, it would have been deserved. Clearly better possessing the ball and creating chances.

That said. We need Modric and a winger something awful. Can't wait to get Sturridge back.

The two manchester teams are the top clubs now.

Chelsea are in arsenal & liverpools realm.

What the fuck are you talking about? one draw and you compare us to them...2 years ago we won the double and last year we came second. Arsenal and Liverpool haven't won anything in years.

What the fuck are you talking about? one draw and you compare us to them...2 years ago we won the double and last year we came second. Arsenal and Liverpool haven't won anything in years.

tx is still sulking we don't start with kakuta

Guest justin_3d

Who said mikel cannot shoot?

uhmmmm

http://forum.talkche...h/page__st__100

Is today's performance from Mikel, a hint of things to come in the coming season?

I hope so. Mikel has to be pushed into a more attack minded role, and hope AVB can help him get there.

2 or 3 goals from Mikel this season should be his goal!

If today performance is to be taking, i think this might come true! :chelsea2:

Torres man of the match! :clap:

And don't have to explain myself about creative mid and winger. I would only say that AVB will be a total fool if he does not address this before the transfer window close.