Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Kalou... i don't know what else to say about him... he gives nothing, what was Jose thinking signing this guy i just don't get it. Maybe he was ok against VVV or PSV or RKC or ABC whoever the fuck but i dunno how he's stayed here for 5 years. I actually thought Lampard was alright today, he passed well and shoulda had a pen for a good run.

He's slow, he's too obvious, his passes go nowhere, and he's just a liability! I cry out for Sturridge to play on the right but it never happens!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My appraisal of the team:

Cech (7)

Bosingwa (7) - Alex (8) - Terry (7) - Cole (6)

Mikel (7)

Ramires (8) - Lampard (6)

Kalou (4) - Torres (8) - Malouda (5)

My concerns are the wide roles, where Kalou and Malouda were poor. Lampard and Cole were somewhat lacklustre, and Cole was poor defensively at times, through mental lapses.

He's slow, he's too obvious, his passes go nowhere, and he's just a liability! I cry out for Sturridge to play on the right but it never happens!

For instance, Ashley's yellow card came right after Kalou's awful pass after which Ash had to be tough and make a sliding tackle.

At least we didn't lose so we are not behind Le'Arse and Scousers. Petr was quite solid when it came to Delap's throw ins. Only how the bastard Shawcross stayed on the pitch, that's beyond me.

Yeh I dont get that every time there was a set piece he was all over JT/Cech whoever he could find

And exactly we didnt loose! And its first game..be nice if West Brom do us a favour today..doubt it though and have to hear the Media yabbing on about the greats of Man U but hey!! Long way to go

my ratings

Cech: 7

A.cole: 6,5

Terry: 6

Alex: 6,5

Bosingwa: 6,5

Mikel: 7

Ramires 6

Lampard 6

Malouda 5,5

Torres: 7,5

Kalou 4,5

---

Drogba: 6

Anelka; 6

Yossi -

6.5 to alex???? i dont think you understand how good jones is in the air n how well alex dealt with him...

6.5 to alex???? i dont think you understand how good jones is in the air n how well alex dealt with him...

its my oppinion, I'm not going to throw wonder-numbers around, even torres wasn't better then 7.5 in my oppinion... thats what I think...

Alex did what a defender has to do and that, so it must be said, sublimely well, so he has a better rating then the most of the others...

My concerns are the wide roles, where Kalou and Malouda were poor. Lampard and Cole were somewhat lacklustre, and Cole was poor defensively at times, through mental lapses.

I agree in terms of the width of the squad. That's why I keep saying that Sturridge needs a chance there, because I feel he's quicker than Kalou, and he's also better at making decisions too. Chelsea need to be aware of the way he contributed at Bolton... the goals he scored, his responsibilities, his experience. He's an awesome, quick young player that we're not using, and it sickens me to notice the interest coming in from other clubs that want to sign him.

As for creativity. There are a few options that may be considered. Modric for £35m is not to be sniffed at... I understand that some people want him, and a vast majority of people don't because they want to see McEachran flourish... I have no problem with that. But Benayoun is the other option, and I say that because he's the one player who can unlock Torres, and make him look more involved.

I hope the media are kind to Torres this year and leave him the fuck alone, because all they seem to do is pile the pressure on him because he's only scored one in as many games. If they treat him like every other player who plays in the Premier League, let him do his own thing and let him concentrate on the pitch, everything will come naturally, and it'll fall into place. Remember what Boas did to Falcao when he was at Porto. Falcao couldn't hit a barn door with a bazooka before he arrived... nowadays he's worth more than what their fans bargained for because the right mentality was added.