Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone unfamiliar with True_Blue... he is not being ironic.

What is your point? I never said he is a starter,i said he is an impact sub,and DEPTH is also considered when you have a big squad with players who can fill several roles.Kalou can play on two and that is why he gives us depth.The King Salomon is just to take the piss out of the haters.

Read the posts before trying to look smart.

What is your point? I never said he is a starter,i said he is an impact sub,and DEPTH is also considered when you have a big squad with players who can fill several roles.Kalou can play on two and that is why he gives us depth.The King Salomon is just to take the piss out of the haters.

How can a player like 'King Salomon' (your words not mine) offer us strength in depth?...

Depth for the sake of depth is a baseless argument.

Do people still believe Lampard is a starting 11 material for Chelsea? on the evidence of his performance in the last 6 months, he's on downward slope, his level of contribution has dropped significantly and he was selected today purely based on reputation.

It's a shame how many people left Ramires out of their pre-match starting line up. despite his contributions in the 2nd half of last season, there are people who still believe he isn't a Chelsea material and if it was up to them, he would be starting most games from the bench while we still show faith in HAS BEENS.

once Sturridge returns from suspension, I expect him to displace Kalou from the X1 and a quality left winger/wing forward will significantly improve this team as our lack of width/creativity was part of our undoing today.

All in all. The team came back fighting in the second ha;f and was unlucky not to have won the match in the end thanks to some dodgy officiating and lack of genuine creativity.

Kalou is not good enough for a club the size of Chelsea under any capacity (squad player or X1)

Do people still believe Lampard is a starting 11 material for Chelsea?

Him getting the nod over Benayoun after Yossi's pre-season performances shocked me. Lamps can't keep performing like this yet remain a starter.

Do people still believe Lampard is a starting 11 material for Chelsea? on the evidence of his performance in the last 6 months, he's on downward slope, his level of contribution has dropped significantly and he was selected today purely based on reputation.

It's a shame how many people left Ramires out of their pre-match starting line up. despite his contributions in the 2nd half of last season, there are people who still believe he isn't a Chelsea material and if it was up to them, he would be starting most games from the bench while we still show faith in HAS BEENS.

once Sturridge returns from suspension, I expect him to displace Kalou from the X1 and a quality left winger/wing forward will significantly improve this team and our lack of width/creativity was part of our undoing.

All in all. The team came back fighting in the second ha;f and was unlucky not to have won the match in the end thanks to some dodgy officiating and lack of genuine creativity.

i think the problem is sentiment and the fact that lampard is still a good player but just not gonna move us forward. If we played long and direct with him bombing on i think he cud still be a top player but we want and need to press and play quicker and he cant. Its easy to jump on the bandwagon and say hes no good or old etc, the facts are he is good, is still fit but just not chelseas standard if we want to get back to the top. Man utd played cleverley and anderson today, scholes was still class but getting slower, just preferred to retire then graft it out. Lampard cud do worse then go to milan or someone like that, have another cpl of good seasons at the top level and retire. He is a cfc legend and dont want to ever get on his case.

Kalou is not good enough for a club the size of Chelsea under any capacity (squad player or X1)

Agreed. Kalou is a laugh, but so is Malouda. Did you see that pitiful attempt of a dribble? I love his passion, but his tehnique is not much better than mine. Things ain't gonna work this way. But I gonna start with "Daddy, open your wallet and by Neymar fot the love of God" again.

once Sturridge returns from suspension, I expect him to displace Kalou from the X1 and a quality left winger/wing forward will significantly improve this team as our lack of width/creativity was part of our undoing today.

Ramires is quality. In my opinion Kalou and Malouda only think for themselves - they play like they have left the club long ago. Sturridge has really proved all us who doubts he is ready and deserve play time!. Lampard

said he will not hang around - maybe he soon has to prove that?.

i think the problem is sentiment and the fact that lampard is still a good player

The evidence on ground suggests otherwise. if he's still a good player, he needs to start showing it and fast.

Its easy to jump on the bandwagon and say hes no good or old etc, the facts are he is good,

What facts. What have you based your assertion on? In the last 6 months, He has played consistently below par yet you claim facts suggests he's still good.

is still fit but just not chelseas standard if we want to get back to the top. Man utd played cleverley and anderson today, scholes was still class but getting slower, just preferred to retire then graft it out.

Yes you are right, he's no longer Chelsea standard which only begs the question why is he still a regular starter?

He is a cfc legend and dont want to ever get on his case.

No one is immune to criticism.

you think? i see him as very cynical defender. I would put a decent wager that he'l get sent off in the europa league this year. His tackle on ramsey was horrendous and really cant understand why ppl defended it. Woodgate was head and shoulders there best player. That wasnt a compliment to his hair by the way.

Shawcross lol, how many times did he hold Cech during set plays today?

Descent defender, but he's too dirty for my liking.

I hope you are ironic LDN here. He is just a dirty bastard who should have been sent off X times. He is a Vidic mark II.

Disagree. He is like a young bull, you just need a great bull fighter and his fuck`ed up for good.

:lol: I thought I'd receive a bit of backlash from that Shawcross comment.

I think he's a good defender, but lacks discipline. I'm not sure why Pulis hasn't controlled that yet, maybe he is? But when he's got a cool head he's a very good defender. Can read the game well & will mark his man.

lentherussian - There's no use in talking about the Ramsey incident, such things happen in football.. There's no way he meant to injure Ramsey like that, he's not Stephen Hunt.

Guest justin_3d

Said it before and will say it again now. Lamps needs to be dropped; he's been terrible all pre-season and has carried it over to competitive games.Bloody drop him!

I would not say completely drop permanently.

Is just that our club has to be smart about this like SAF did with Giggs and Scholes.

I am sure that Lampard will make a bigger impact as a super sub, then being a starter and play full 90 mins every game.

I would not say completely drop permanently.

Is just that our club has to be smart about this like SAF did with Giggs and Scholes.

I am sure that Lampard will make a bigger impact as a super sub, then being a starter and play full 90 mins every game.

Fine with that; meant drop him from the starting 11. :)