Oriol Romeu

termninja

Change of managers fucked him like it did McEachran. A good and efficient player with a bright future, here or wherever.

The knee injury fucked him. I think he was well on his way to establishing himself in Benitez's team but the injury came at the worst possible time and I still think it's unlikely he'll get another game here but if he continues to impress then anything is possible.

The knee injury fucked him. I think he was well on his way to establishing himself in Benitez's team but the injury came at the worst possible time and I still think it's unlikely he'll get another game here but if he continues to impress then anything is possible.

The injury didn't help, but if we had the same manager he would still be considered as part of the squad, as will be the case with MvG next season.

Agreed. That injury came at the worst possible time for him. Most likely would have carved out a spot in the starting XI under Benitez like Azpi did.

• 2 weeks later...

Reports in Spain suggest that Jose Mourinho is keen to take Romeu back to Chelsea next season, giving the 22-year-old added motivation to maintain his form.

"If [the talk of a possible return] is true it is really good, I hope so. It is good that they are interested in me," Romeu told Levante TV.

"I know that they are following me and they are happy with my recent performances. They have congratulated me but I have not spoken directly to Mourinho.

"Chelsea scouters told me recently that there are not many players in my position and that if I have a good season they will want me back next year."

Romeu's main concern is playing regularly and, as he is enjoying his time at Valencia, he has suggested he would be open to signing a permanent deal if Chelsea decide he remains surplus to requirements at the end of the season.

He said: "I came to Valencia because I liked it a lot, and if I cannot get the chance to play in the Premier League I may decide to stay, as I decided to come to Valencia last summer for the same reason."

So, two news. 1: Jose likes him. 2: We want to buy a CM but there are not a lot of them on the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa2QlEfZ1fg

He looks faster.

Looks like things are finally getting better for him at Valencia. In the first few months of the season he didn't even get a chance and played only one league game and a couple of Europa League matches but since the beginning of December he has started four out of five matches and I've heard he's played very well.

The potential is definitely there and should he maintain good form for the remainder of the season he might actually be a part of an answer to our problems in midfield. When AVB was at the club Romeu looked like a serious talent but there was a long period of time where he did fuck all and then he was unfortunate enough to get a season-ending injury when it looked like Benitez was ready to give him a prominent role in the first team squad but hopefully those setbacks are behind him now for good.

Ramires, Romeu, Van Ginkel and some DLP type of player could be a solid midfield for us next season, if everything goes according to plan with Romeu's loan and MvG makes a successful recovery.

He's been generally good today but has made some mistakes that I think are mainly due inexperience. He picked up a "free" yellow card in the first half and was at fault for the second goal. I'd love to see Oriol here next season, but I don't think he's ready yet to be a starter for us.

He's been generally good today but has made some mistakes that I think are mainly due inexperience. He picked up a "free" yellow card in the first half and was at fault for the second goal. I'd love to see Oriol here next season, but I don't think he's ready yet to be a starter for us.

A fit Romeu is certainly better than what we currently have though.

A fit Romeu is certainly better than what we currently have though.

That's true. I was talking in a general sense as in he isn't ready yet to be a starter for a club like Chelsea. But is definitely better than Essien.