Malaysia XI 0-1 Chelsea

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will cyber-slap anyone that claims this team does not need major overhaul.. . . .the same ole boring, lifeless,uninventive and rigid shit Even Liverpool that we were made to believe cannot challenge for the title put 6 goals past this same Malaysian team and did so with style and flair. AVB has major major work to do

Only got to watch the final 20 minutes, we were awful as far as performance goes. Not going to complain about (lack of) goals in friendlies, but the overall play leaves a lot to be desired. Misplaced passes, poor communication, abysmal ball control ... the whole gamut from last season was out in force today as well. The players looked decidedly unfit and that plays a part. I suppose if we're looking for positives, it would have to be the much-needed workout the lads got from a spirited and fearless Malaysian side in such humid, energy sapping conditions.

Work to do, Andre. Lots of it.

With a display like that, we would be lucky to even get Europa League football! A display such as that, and no new signings this summer, you have to say that's extravagently worrying!!

We won, but by a controversial decision, against a Malaysian XI side. As JF said before, Liverpool scored 6 past this lot!

even more so how people are celebrating it. not even a goal, and piss fucking poor performance, didn't even deserve this win. full credit to these young Malaysians.

Nothing surprises me anymore about some of our fellow fans

I will cyber-slap anyone that claims this team does not need major overhaul.. . . .the same ole boring, lifeless,uninventive and rigid shit Even Liverpool that we were made to believe cannot challenge for the title put 6 goals past this same Malaysian team and did so with style and flair. AVB has major major work to do

So you watched Liverpool play against them?

Once again, I'll be optimistic and say that's another win and a clean sheet (without Cech!).

I don't think AVB can yet decide on a starting 11 without our influential Brazilians, but I hope he sees the need to add the extra winger and creative mid asap.

No-one played particularly bad or consistently for that matter. Also I don't think the deep lying playmaker role suits Josh. He should be pushed further up front

I agree, but you need players to impress coach to remain on the team? What impressed us in those two games?

Nothing short of a 6-0 steamrolling session seems to impresses half the folks on here.

fuck me, liverpool scored 6 goals against them, and we can't score just one fucking goal..

They also conceded 3.

Drogba telling Torres once again how to do it on the pitch!!

COME ON CHELS!!

He scored a controversial free kick. What part of that is a lesson to Torres?

People forget we are in pre-season, which is effectively a fitness session with everybody getting a chance on the pitch. The play is nowhere near as bad as people on here let on. I could understand the gripes if this was the UCL final, but come on.

With a display like that, we would be lucky to even get Europa League football! A display such as that, and no new signings this summer, you have to say that's extravagently worrying!!

We won, but by a controversial decision, against a Malaysian XI side. As JF said before, Liverpool scored 6 past this lot!

The players weren't even trying to impress the new manager which is a big cause for concern.

I believe you should slap the board then.