Malaysia XI 0-1 Chelsea

I´m Starting to Worry about the lack of Goals..... I do not See a better team.... We are still low in the Goal Deparment... Just like the last season....

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was fucking poor dont care if it was pre season or not we should be playing much better then that we need to buy if AVB doesnt get any new players then hes a Idiot pure and simple on the way we played at the back end of last season and the start of this pre season we aint gonna be pushing for no title ROMAN AVB who ever buys the fucking players pull your finger out and BUY SOME!!!

Rant Over

Nothing short of a 6-0 steamrolling session seems to impresses half the folks on here.

They also conceded 3.

He scored a controversial free kick. What part of that is a lesson to Torres?

People forget we are in pre-season, which is effectively a fitness session with everybody getting a chance on the pitch. The play is nowhere near as bad as people on here let on. I could understand the gripes if this was the UCL final, but come on.

Well said.

We were ok first half. I mean of course we need to improve,but most of the guys care about the goals like that is the most important thing in a pre-season game.

Get a grip you lot.

Haven't read the past 10 pages, but will someone tell me : were we better at the 2nd half? Watched only the first, wasn't really impressed.

Just like Portsmouth we were worse in the 2nd half.

:blink: You guys know this was a pre-season friendly played in difficult, humid conditions on an awful pitch against a team in a far better physical state, and not the Champions League final, yes? And that we played two different line-ups so people can get minutes, and thus fitness, under their belts, hence a lack of cohesion amongst the players in terms of passing? The whole point of pre-season matches is to obtain fitness, not win 6-0. Some Chelsea supporters worry me with their relative lack of perspective.

I am not alarmed by our performance on the pitch. With players such as Anelka, Kalou, Bosingwa, etc... I didn't expect to something better.

But what I am alarmed for, is that our board doesn't seem to think we need an overhaul...

Well said.

We were ok first half. I mean of course we need to improve,but most of the guys care about the goals like that is the most important thing in a pre-season game.

Get a grip you lot.

I agree. We did ok in the first half, nice football at times, couple chances for Torres, PVA, Kalou and Frank. But we could not convert any.

2nd half was very poor though. Just kept possession and did nothing with it.

OK some positives

our back up keepers look to have improved

Bertrand is class ,,can step in for Ashley

Terry still a great leader.

Zhirkov can dribble could fill the left wing berth

Yossi used the ball well

Drogba can still hit a great free kick

Kalou showed enterprise

WE CAN ONLY GET BETTER

AVB MUST now realise we DO need new players

I am not alarmed by our performance on the pitch. With players such as Anelka, Kalou, Bosingwa, etc... I didn't expect to something better.

But what I am alarmed for, is that our board doesn't seem to think we need an overhaul...

Yeah i agree, i don't think the board is seeing it how we see it, i really think this is to be our squad for the upcoming season with just a few minor changes.

Not only our board of directors share that rather delusional opinion, look around this forum as well.

I agree. We did ok in the first half, nice football at times, couple chances for Torres, PVA, Kalou and Frank. But we could not convert any.

2nd half was very poor though. Just kept possession and did nothing with it.

I agree, we need to be better in front of goal. But it will come, keeeping the possession is the first and the most important step.

The point is that many of us wished 6-0 etc. I didn't. But I wanted to see improvements from the last match which i didn't see( watched only 1st half). That's the whole point, we need new players, winger and playmaker.

Edit : I am not attacking AVB, i believe he will guide us into the right way

OK some positives

our back up keepers look to have improved

Bertrand is class ,,can step in for Ashley

Terry still a great leader.

Zhirkov can dribble could fill the left wing berth

Yossi used the ball well

Drogba can still hit a great free kick

Kalou showed enterprise

WE CAN ONLY GET BETTER

AVB MUST now realise we DO need new players

They are some good positives you named, but this is a game we've judged when were not in current form and were getting into fitness, not to mention we are playing a team what is not near premier league standard. Good the same of them positives rely?, can Zhirkov still fill in the left wing in that match like the prem?. Plus these were poor shots against us in my opinion, the goal keepers had very little to deal with.

Not only our board of directors share that rather delusional opinion, look around this forum as well.

I don't know... maybe the odd few because there always has to be the ones who think different, but i'm pretty sure the regular members on this forum agree that we definitely need some new players, i havent really seen anyone who thinks we should keep the same squad. Or are you saying that not everyone thinks we need an overhaul pacificly?, in that case i really do not know i havent heard everyones full opinion on that matter.