Malaysia XI 0-1 Chelsea

I think zolayes has touched on some real positives actually. Especially about Bertrand! I thought he did really well at left back for us. Made some real good advances down the left and put in a few good crosses. Nice footwork too! I was actually shocked when van Aanholt came on. Boas could have at least waited until the end of the first half to bring van Aanholt on!

Yossi is another good player on the ball, especially when he dummies the opposing player and gets into the box. His delivery isn't always perfect, but right now, as I keep saying, he's the closest we have to a playmaker at the moment, until Modric comes (or he doesn't at all).

Turnbull looks as if he's matured more when making decisions. Not a whole lot mind, but enough not to make careless mistakes. He's not afraid to claim the ball at corners and he's fairly solid when handling the ball from a decent shot!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter whether it was controversial or not, he scored... Torres had a hatful of chances in the first half that he didn't put away!

I'm sorry, but it does matter. If Dorgba was juggling the ball up and down the pitch, skinning every player who came near him and spanking goals in left, right and centre, then I could concede that he did indeed teach Torres a lesson. However, he didn't. He scored a set piece, which is not a part of Torres' game, and it was jammy goal at that. Drogba did no more than Torres today. In fact, he might even of done less.

I'm not having a go at Dorgba's performance. It just seems people on here find it really hard to watch our games and comment on them objectively.

I hope this game was an Eye-opener for AVB, now he must understand that we in desperate need of a RB, Playermaker and a Winger or two!blue%20scalf.gif

emo3.gif

I'm sorry, but it does matter. If Dorgba was juggling the ball up and down the pitch, skinning every player who came near him and spanking goals in left, right and centre, then I could concede that he did indeed teach Torres a lesson. However, he didn't. He scored a set piece, which is not a part of Torres' game, and it was jammy goal at that. Drogba did no more than Torres today. In fact, he might even of done less.

I'm not having a go at Dorgba's performance. It just seems people on here find it really hard to watch our games and comment on them objectively.

emo3.gif

I totally agree. Drogba was worse than Torres again.

There are still plenty of pre season matches left to change that though!

Absolute dross!

Wasnt expecting a 5-0 or 6-0 thrashing, only an improvement over the performance against portsmouth!

I can only hope AVB wants to show Roman how badly our wing and midfield needs an overhaul by giving these players a runout today.

Need to get rid of dead stock: Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Mikel, Ferreira and put Lampard on the bench!

Cue statements from our overpaid prima donnas:

Terry - I can see myself as a Chelsea manager in the next three or four years when my fat contract runs out and I stop pretending to be a player in the changing room!

Lampard - We can win everything there is with our current squad, no need for any changes at all. No need to panic at Manu who have strengthened a squad that outclassed us four times last season!

Kalou - I can be the next big thing, just need to try and realise I have to keep my head up in the game and do the simple things first.

Malouda - You cant *possibly* get rid of me, Im CFC's Giggsy who will continue being the selfish twat who will NOT pass inside the box!

Anelka - Let me run out my contract while I decide if I can pass forwards in a game!

For AVB's sake, I hope he gets the whole 'evolution, not revolution' mantra out of his head soon. God help him if we dont finish in at least the top 2 or 3 this season.

I dont even want to think about what Roman will do to him if that happens after splashing out £20 mil to get him (£13mil buyout clause and £7mil for Ancelotti)

Bad players are beginning to make the average and good ones look bad. Its time we get rid of the likes of:

Slo-Mo(£10mil back to France or Ac Milan), Kalou(£15mil, Arsenal as long as we convince Arsene he is under 25), Anelka(£8mil to PSG who have made it public they want him), Mikel (£15 mil to Italy), Bosingwa (£10mil, good player but too injury prone to provide cover or start in case IVA goes CB), Ferreira ( Been a good servant of the club but time to get him off the books with youth getting a chance to fill his boots) =£60 mil.

Get:

a PLAYMAKER - NASRI (£22 mil to replace lampard)

a WINGER - SANCHEZ (£25mil to replace malouda)

a WINGER/CF like AGUERO (£30mil to replace anelka)

(Could also do with modric to replace essien long term)

Promote:

Sturridge (to replace Kalou)

Josh (to replace mikel)

Youth (RB)

I don't know... maybe the odd few because there always has to be the ones who think different, but i'm pretty sure the regular members on this forum agree that we definitely need some new players, i havent really seen anyone who thinks we should keep the same squad. Or are you saying that not everyone thinks we need an overhaul pacificly?, in that case i really do not know i havent heard everyones full opinion on that matter.

Someone needs to remind AVB that he doesn't have players like "Incredible Hulk", Falcao, Moutinho, Valera and Guarin at his disposal anymore.

It's my first post since, errm... 3 years? All I want to say is that the pre-season SO FAR hasn't impressed me yet... I think it's partly due to the fact that every half we had a new team on the field with inexperienced players and partly because some older players just feel too comfortable in their shoes. The ball doesn't rotate as fast as it should, and I think it's because players aren't in full match fitness yet, but the overall quality of the team seems to be lacking aswell... and I'm not saying this only after watching those 2 under par games, but by watching it continue from last season. Players faces during matches seem to be frustrated, they don't seem to get any fun out of it, they are almost like forcefully put on the field... every pass and every movement strikes me as "forced". I share my opinion with soome fellow fans out here, we definitely need more flowing attacking presence in the squad... Malouda, Anelka, Kalou and Drogba can play well, but they do it inconsistently. That's their main fault, they ARE good whatever people say, but they need to be bothered to show it week in week out, which they don't. I don't know who could be their replacements, but somebody with more pace and technique. And it is obvious to everybody already, that we need a proper playmaker.

And I'm not that concerned of Torres as I am of the team as a whole.... If the atmosphere of the team is winning and joyous, then it will reflect on him too. You know, lack of confidence doesn't show only in him.

One more thought. In the last years the club's board and managers have said out loud that they want flair and attacking football. I wonder if this actually puts pressure on the players to perform. Pressure is good, but not too much... Maybe that's why the playing style feels "forced", they overthink because they don't want to disappoint.... but at times this can backfire, because fast play is more about raw instinct not dwelling and thinking on the ball. Natural, predatory instinct is what we need more, I think.

I really don't know, just a few thoughts of mine. If somebody doesn't agree with me, okay, I'm not too sure what to think myself either. I just hope the new management can sort things out before league starts.

It's my first post since, errm... 3 years? All I want to say is that the pre-season SO FAR hasn't impressed me yet... I think it's partly due to the fact that every half we had a new team on the field with inexperienced players and partly because some older players just feel too comfortable in their shoes. The ball doesn't rotate as fast as it should, and I think it's because players aren't in full match fitness yet, but the overall quality of the team seems to be lacking aswell... and I'm not saying this only after watching those 2 under par games, but by watching it continue from last season. Players faces during matches seem to be frustrated, they don't seem to get any fun out of it, they are almost like forcefully put on the field... every pass and every movement strikes me as "forced". I share my opinion with soome fellow fans out here, we definitely need more flowing attacking presence in the squad... Malouda, Anelka, Kalou and Drogba can play well, but they do it inconsistently. That's their main fault, they ARE good whatever people say, but they need to be bothered to show it week in week out, which they don't. I don't know who could be their replacements, but somebody with more pace and technique. And it is obvious to everybody already, that we need a proper playmaker.

And I'm not that concerned of Torres as I am of the team as a whole.... If the atmosphere of the team is winning and joyous, then it will reflect on him too. You know, lack of confidence doesn't show only in him.

One more thought. In the last years the club's board and managers have said out loud that they want flair and attacking football. I wonder if this actually puts pressure on the players to perform. Pressure is good, but not too much... Maybe that's why the playing style feels "forced", they overthink because they don't want to disappoint.... but at times this can backfire, because fast play is more about raw instinct not dwelling and thinking on the ball. Natural, predatory instinct is what we need more, I think.

I really don't know, just a few thoughts of mine. If somebody doesn't agree with me, okay, I'm not too sure what to think myself either. I just hope the new management can sort things out before league starts.

a good post ,,,dont wait so long before the next one

For AVB's sake, I hope he gets the whole 'evolution, not revolution' mantra out of his head soon. God help him if we dont finish in at least the top 2 or 3 this season.

I dont even want to think about what Roman will do to him if that happens after splashing out £20 mil to get him (£13mil buyout clause and £7mil for Ancelotti)

Bad players are beginning to make the average and good ones look bad. Its time we get rid of the likes of:

Slo-Mo(£10mil back to France or Ac Milan), Kalou(£15mil, Arsenal as long as we convince Arsene he is under 25), Anelka(£8mil to PSG who have made it public they want him), Mikel (£15 mil to Italy), Bosingwa (£10mil, good player but too injury prone to provide cover or start in case IVA goes CB), Ferreira ( Been a good servant of the club but time to get him off the books with youth getting a chance to fill his boots) =£60 mil.

Get:

a PLAYMAKER - NASRI (£22 mil to replace lampard)

a WINGER - SANCHEZ (£25mil to replace malouda)

a WINGER/CF like AGUERO (£30mil to replace anelka)

(Could also do with modric to replace essien long term)

Promote:

Sturridge (to replace Kalou)

Josh (to replace mikel)

Youth (RB)

Who is Slo-Mo? whistling.gif

I find it funny when some fans do a promo for either one of Drogba and Torres, that they have to diss the performance of the other striker....I mean how does one striker playing worse than the other make you feel better?