Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Cech is one of the best goalies who ever played the game, at least as far as i can remember,
for me it's not an absolute necessity that Courtois isn't fit to lace Cech's boots. That's not a disgrace!

People are a spoiled, playing the way Cech did here wasn't normal, it's not the standard, Cech oozes class, never ever said a bad word about anything, unrepeatable!

Begovic also conceded for fun during his playing time here, he wasn't able to prevent the odd goal time and time again.
The thing is, his last season at Stoke wasn't great too, he has regressed over the years there, at the end he made some mistakes and a lot of the Stokies were quite happy seeing him leave and making room for their new boy in town, 
Butland, who has been great so far by the way. Begovic is no Cech!
I don't think Begovic can become as good as he was back in the day at Stoke.

So i don't get why we should bench Courtois, he's the future and he's here to learn.
I don't question his commitment, i think he gives his best, yes, he's currently not saving all of the shots,
especially the one coming at the near post, but we shouldn't take away this perfect opportunity to learn,
never ever do that to a young player, especially when there's nothing left to play for.
Take a good look at some midfielders and defenders, some of them are too old to rejuvenate their game,
we should play some young guys instead of them, i think that this is precisely the problem, not a couple of odd goals.

Overall Courtois hasn't been so bad over the last two seasons here, has he?
No 23 years of age Cech, but still quite good, imo.

6 hours ago, Weckerz said:

And any time a Belgian member quotes you on a Belgian player you start crying. A French-speaking member says he saw the interview and claims it was mistranslated and you immediatly laugh it off in your cocky way as always.

This club is hated in your country and has a bad image in a lot of other European countries. Your papers write absolute bollocks all the time about this club, but when it's about a Belgian it must be true.

In this last year Hazard was misquoted, Courtois was misquoted and Lukaku was misquoted. Name me one other Chelsea player that has been misquoted this last year? 

Prove me wrong and I'll apologise.

8 hours ago, Beigl said:

He had his bad games in autumn 2011, but he wasn't as bad as Courtois (whom i rate highly btw) is now and didn't concede ridiculous goals every game.

I can remember Cech had really good games at Valencia for example or kept on playing 70 minutes against Blackburn with a broken nose.

It's almost five years ago so I went back to the thread and many praised him for being the only consistent player under AVB.

Yeah but they are isolated games, like Courtois now despite his iffy run he turned defeat into draw vs United twice.

Im not sure where they got that from but I remember myself and a lot of others being frustrated that Cech let in most shots he faced, his error vs Liverpool when he thought it would be a good idea to pass to a man marked Mikel from a goal kick summing up that period. One of his two major bad spells for us, 2009 being the other, we concedes a ridiculous number of set piece goals in the first six months of Ancelottis reign due to Cech and Carvalho being so indecisive. You could even include winter 2005 as a minor wobble too, as I alluded too a few post's back he made a few awful errors in that period.

Point is however he recovered from any wobble he had and I have no doubt Courtois will do so the same.

8 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Cech is one of the best goalies who ever played the game, at least as far as i can remember,
for me it's not an absolute necessity that Courtois isn't fit to lace Cech's boots. That's not a disgrace!

People are a spoiled, playing the way Cech did here wasn't normal, it's not the standard, Cech oozes class, never ever said a bad word about anything, unrepeatable!

Begovic also conceded for fun during his playing time here, he wasn't able to prevent the odd goal time and time again.
The thing is, his last season at Stoke wasn't great too, he has regressed over the years there, at the end he made some mistakes and a lot of the Stokies were quite happy seeing him leave and making room for their new boy in town, 
Butland, who has been great so far by the way. Begovic is no Cech!
I don't think Begovic can become as good as he was back in the day at Stoke.

So i don't get why we should bench Courtois, he's the future and he's here to learn.
I don't question his commitment, i think he gives his best, yes, he's currently not saving all of the shots,
especially the one coming at the near post, but we shouldn't take away this perfect opportunity to learn,
never ever do that to a young player, especially when there's nothing left to play for.
Take a good look at some midfielders and defenders, some of them are too old to rejuvenate their game,
we should play some young guys instead of them, i think that this is precisely the problem, not a couple of odd goals.

Overall Courtois hasn't been so bad over the last two seasons here, has he?
No 23 years of age Cech, but still quite good, imo.

If you watch that video it reaffirms everything I was saying about his decision making 1v1... in every situation here, he produced a decisive save by either rushing out and closing down, or standing his ground and narrowing his angles. It'll all return with confidence. The new, fresh slate that is a new season will help everyone in the team!

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

In this last year Hazard was misquoted, Courtois was misquoted and Lukaku was misquoted. Name me one other Chelsea player that has been misquoted this last year? 

Fabregas denied saying "He'd rather lose than win for him (Mourinho)"

When you go to war you need fucking good soldiers, the soldiers in front of him this season have been only good for dipping in eggs.

He hasn't been his best, not many have, but I will say again, he doesn't worry me.

4 hours ago, Polo7 said:

You forgot Musonda and a bunch of other non-chelsea players :D

On 23/3/2016 at 0:05 PM, pHaRaOn said:

He never said that he prefers to play with Belgium defence.

CeOj8zIWEAEX_hn.jpg

Yes he did say that he prefers to play with Belgium defence. It was during the life tv show 'La Tribune'.

I would reply that I prefer Czech than Courteois. The guy has a so poor decision-making this season.

5 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

Yes he did say that he prefers to play with Belgium defence. It was during the life tv show 'La Tribune'.

I would reply that I prefer Czech than Courteois. The guy has a so poor decision-making this season.

No, he didn't.

Here's the link: www.rtbf.be/sport/football/diablesrouges/detail_courtois-eden-hazard-c-est-le-meme-joueur-que-l-annee-passee?id=9247554

Where he said that?

14 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Not lame when it's a 100% true. You cannot say anything about our Belgian players with out the same Belgians coming out and defending them or insulting you. 

Don't think they have been unreasonable. At least when they defend Belgian, they use reasons to argue their point, right or wrong. Better than hitting back at them because they share the same nationality.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

WOW. Reading some of the comments on the past pages, you would think many people have more loytalties with Cech than our actual team and players.

Can't beleive people who state making Courtois as our no.1 was a mistake. Were you saying this last season? We have a top keeper in our hands and one of the best if not the best of his generation. Let's not forget that DDG use to be considered a laughing stock when he was first in goal for United. Now look at him.

I have no doub that Courtois will prove his critics wrong with time.

i agree what your saying mate 

but courtios needs to take some criticism aswell you just cant blame other players in the team especially when he hasn't been at his best aswell   

50 minutes ago, the wes said:

i agree what your saying mate 

but courtios needs to take some criticism aswell you just cant blame other players in the team especially when he hasn't been at his best aswell   

But he didn't blame specific players or players on specific position. If anything, he defended defenders. He also said that he himself should had done better on a few occasions.

Yeah but they are isolated games, like Courtois now despite his iffy run he turned defeat into draw vs United twice.

Im not sure where they got that from but I remember myself and a lot of others being frustrated that Cech let in most shots he faced, his error vs Liverpool when he thought it would be a good idea to pass to a man marked Mikel from a goal kick summing up that period. One of his two major bad spells for us, 2009 being the other, we concedes a ridiculous number of set piece goals in the first six months of Ancelottis reign due to Cech and Carvalho being so indecisive. You could even include winter 2005 as a minor wobble too, as I alluded too a few post's back he made a few awful errors in that period.

Point is however he recovered from any wobble he had and I have no doubt Courtois will do so the same.

Ok yeah everyone has his bad spells. Maybe it's the best thing if we just forget this season and hope that every player starts a better campaign next season.

51 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Ive backed up my point several times.

Hazard having dreadful season, talks about possibility of joining PSG. Courtois has had a bad run, talks about preferring Belgian defence. Lukaku openly speaks about joining a bigger club, clearly disrespecting a team that spent 27 million on him. Benteke slagging off Klopp for not making him no.1 striker when he has missed so many easy chances. 

Belgian players are either stupid or so egotistic that they overrate themselves.

sounds like Belgium should fail in the Euro comp this year.

they have some good defenders but I think when you hear their side of things, you should just flash a photo of  Messi, Neymar, and Suarez in their faces.  South America.

Go ahead and try for a "bigger club."