Mis-firing Torres

Pro-Torres since he wore the red at Atletico. Not immune to his faults as a player nor do I think he's the anti-Christ that some make him out to be. I want him to do well for himself and for Chelsea. Him continuing to struggle does neither himself nor Chelsea any good.

No matter what any of us say here or the rags, Torres knows he is at Chelsea to score goals. I'll continue to support him like I always have and hope he and Chelsea both find the football Gods smiling down on them.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For God sake, close all topics about Torres.....pleaaaseeeeeee....I'll be leaving from this forum because of our fans talk about Torres.....find other subjects to talk about...some of you are worse than media...damn....

Interesting views from Marcel Desailly on AVB's challenges. Also interesting how differently the Daily Fail and Guardian emphasized what MD said.

I'm putting it here because in the Daily article, there's a lot on Torres. Read what MD has to say about Torres and his struggles. Obviously, Torres supporters here will agree...

I'm hoping MD is right about Torres not being finished. Marcel was always a good Milanista :eyebrows:

The Torres bits:

On Fernando Torres

The main challenge for Villas-Boas is Torres. How to get Torres back to his best physically, also finding the players around him who allow him to express himself.

They really need a playmaker. If Yossi Benayoun had been fit last season Chelsea would have won the league. He would have been the link between the defensive and offensive parts of midfield.

Without a playmaker, Torres will have difficulty expressing himself and people will talk again about the money he cost. He's not getting the ball soon enough.

On Frank Lampard

Lampard is a great player and a friend, but he does not give you the ball straight away. He keeps the ball, then gives it to someone else to get it back and score. He's not somebody who gets the team to play. Torres needs the ball early, which is why it's not working.

. . . and Torres again

It's a real physical problem. You could see it during the World Cup. You have to be confident when you play for Spain: the movement; the passes. Spain are the perfect team for a striker. Physically he was not at the level.

He moved to Chelsea but mentally he was not confident. It started as a physical problem but ended up being a confidence problem. You realise you're not capable of the same sort of effort you were before.

At Atletico Madrid he looked like a killer, and even three years ago at Liverpool he reminded me of Marco van Basten. He had the biggest potential of anyone in Europe.

He was the complete player. He could head the ball, left foot, right foot, speed, great first touch. He was like Van Basten. That's why he's the key. Chelsea's offensive focus has to switch completely to Torres.

It will come. The guy is 27, the talent is still there and he's not scared about the Premier League, he doesn't need to adapt to the speed or skill of the Premier League. He still has the pace.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1TSPlKWjT

Guardian

Incredible bit about Van Basten. Luis Aragones before he coached Torres at the national level was the coach at Atletico Madrid. He said the same about the very young Torres and said he could score every single imaginable goal possible, no two were alike and that Fernando was going to be the next Van Basten. It was very, very high praise from Aragones who was very tough on Fernando. Torres said Aragones was so annoying...but later appreciated the coach for pushing him to be both a better player and professional.

Very refreshing views from Desaily. Especially as far as the "old Torres" is concerned, Marcel paints a very different image to the one we've been used to.

Ever since he signed for us according to some Chelsea and Liverpool fans, Torres of Atletico and Liverpool was nothing more than a player who was on form for years.

Simply a good athlete with tremendous pace, sharpness and all the other traits attributed to form instead of a genuine top class footballer (which would make the overused to the point of abuse "class is permanent" argument invalid for him).

Now that he's not on-form and not as athletic as he was you'll read that he has no hope of becoming a proper footballer again he'll remain a Pippo Inzaghi without positional awareness and poaching instinct, a Van Nistelroy without the goals etc ..

Suffice to say that's not the impression of him I had when he was at Liverpool and it would be a sign of low football intelligence and experience to start believing it only now.

• 1 month later...
Guest justin_3d

Ok, I will try to bite my tongue for half of the new season about Torres and won't say much more. I will wait and let time be the judge.

And I will have a little faith, only when i see him change his awful attitude.

From when i wrote this, i have started to support Torres.

And so far nothing has improve.....

Moreover it looks like more people have gotten frustrated with Torres....

It feels like it's December already!

Guest justin_3d

So you dug this topic up to hope everyone would have a go at Torres?

People are having a go at Torres all over the forum. Should put all their rant here, me thinks.

The problem with Torres is Simple....

ACTITUD!!!

He will play as his best when he realice that his only problem is in his mind..... after this last game..AVB is right to let him on the bench.... his actitud sucks.... and he show it in the pitch..... and Lukaku should be there in Torres place.... Because at least Lukaku has the actitud.....

I´m sorry because I sopport him... and had faith but not with that actitud

For me Torres is already a flop. Sturridge and Mata only needed few minutes to do what Torres did in many many games.

The fact that VB dropped him only shows that the manager dont believe him enough. His form in training must be bad.

Shevchenko is a legend compared with Torres. lol

the way i see it Torres needs players around him who can move the ball quickly and play defense splitting passes! we have those type of players now with Mata, Meireles and Sturridge. So i want to see Torres playing with these guys and if he still cant score goals with them around him then we would need to get rid of him, but i feel when he does start playing with them the goals will come! and plenty of them as well!!