Mis-firing Torres

I posted once in this to make a point. But it doesn't seem to have gotten through. And the argument that we give Torres time and support to show his worth this season and if he fails, then he'll deserve crap rather than slating him now during the preseason...doesn't seem to have gotten through either.

I give up. I bow to this:

"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I agree Torres has to be judged based on this, his first full season, but there is no need to label people idiots.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

I posted once in this to make a point. But it doesn't seem to have gotten through. And the argument that we give Torres time and support to show his worth this season and if he fails, then he'll deserve crap rather than slating him now during the preseason...doesn't seem to have gotten through either.

I give up. I bow to this:

"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I gave my reasons, and don't see people come out with a better argument other then saying this person is trolling, or hating.

I agree Torres has to be judged based on this, his first full season, but there is no need to label people idiots.

Fair enough and if the mods want me to delete it I will. It's the first time I've used the term for any poster here. But if anything warranted it, it's for using "undoubtedly shit and hopeless" about a player. I have my opinions on players too. I don't use those terms to describe their deficiencies.

Edit: I just noticed you're the Admin :clown: So I will delete if you insist.

I don't usually I don't post much but feel like posting. People are saying torres has shown nothing this season where I think his shown flashes of his past self e.g against us and against west ham. I think we should give him atleast a season before we hang him out to dry.

Villa and Rooney went months without scoring last season why did no-one say they were finished?

I think the performances were overstated a bit because of the price tag and the goals, his movement was actually pretty good and he does free up space for over attackers, apart from United away in the CL i don't think he was THAT bad before he scored, ironically it was after the West Ham goal he started to produce some stinkers.

TBH if he only scores one goal next season and that the winner at Anfield that wins us the league that alone would be worth £50m.

Difference between Rooney + Villa and Torres is that they were out of form for a few months. Torres has been shit for a YEAR AND A HALF.

I think he'll come good eventually. Probably not right at the start of the season.

Rooney went EIGHT MONTHS without scoring from open play. Also Torres was not shit in 09/10.

Torres was a bad buy. Get over it, hope he contributes, if he doesn't, we're stuck with him because no one will take him with the wages he's on. After the Shevchenko folly, I hoped Roman had learned his lesson. Obviously, he didn't.

:goodpost::clap:

It seems like some of you want him to fail just so you can say you were right...

I don't believe that.

On the other hand I bet we'll have half of the forum patting themselfs on the back for not turning into drama queens once he starts performing again.

Torres scored 18 goals in 22 games in 09/10 PL competition, that is pretty good for a shitty player.

I still can't believe some of you are calling the Torres signing a mistake after 3 months. :doh:

Lets remember that Torres has the highest goals per game ratio in the PL since arriving, he is incredible player and will come good.Give him a year ffs, then form an opinion.