Mis-firing Torres

I have only seen the Stoke and West Brom games this season. Against Stoke he was fantastic and I thought he did well to against West Brom and was unlucky to be subbed. Indeed his perfomance in that game was much better than his replacement(Drogba). I did not see the Norwich or Sunderland game, and after these two it seems the stick has started again. Can someone give me an unbiased view of his performance in those 2 games in comparison to the first 2??

Also in regards to judging his Chelsea career, I think when we bought him he inital performances were poor, but to be fair wankers like Malouda were going out of thier way to make him look bad. I try to give an impartial view on all Chelsea players but what always sticks in my mind re: Torres was that great finish from the corner in the 1st champs league game against Man Ure last year, that was incorrectly disallowed. Had that gone in I really think that could have been the lift off for him...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it obvious to everyone that Fernando's form isn't his fault. It's our slow unimaginative midfield that is the cause of his poor perfromance. Just like Spain's international midfield. *sarcasm*

I think the reason Torres became less prolific for Spain was because after the team's defeat by France in the 2006 World Cup they decided to go with more possession based football which doesn't suit his style. At Liverpool he thrived on a high tempo game as lone striker, and some of the team's best moves were on the counter attack.

People need to stop blaming Torres. Yes he isn't making much effort himself, but to be honest I don't remember that last time Drogba scored.

The worrying thing is Drogba is coming to the end that is clear. Torres is worrying because he looks useless at the moment....... this is Drogba's last season in my opinion but we need Torres to start scoring goals or he is useless because he is just a goal scorer nothing else. We have spent 50 million pounds on this guy, i don't want this to be another Shevchenko !

The worrying thing is Drogba is coming to the end that is clear. Torres is worrying because he looks useless at the moment....... this is Drogba's last season in my opinion but we need Torres to start scoring goals or he is useless because he is just a goal scorer nothing else. We have spent 50 million pounds on this guy, i don't want this to be another Shevchenko !

you would think everyone would feel the same

He thinks to much, he just needs to pull the trigger at every oppurtunity, rather than over analyse a situation and try to get an 'easy' goal. We need an animal up front that takes every chance he gets, rather than an intellectual philosopher that ponders the meaning and exsistence of scoring a goal.

He thinks to much, he just needs to pull the trigger at every oppurtunity, rather than over analyse a situation and try to get an 'easy' goal. We need an animal up front that takes every chance he gets, rather than an intellectual philosopher that ponders the meaning and exsistence of scoring a goal.

A confident striker plays with instinct, an unconfident one plays with brains.

Maybe lobotomy is an answer

I think its as simple as Torres being the typical emo type of player... meaning he runs on emotion and his performance will swing in tandem with his moods. AVBs comments and leaving him out of the last game looked to have really fired him up, and theres also been a lot of talk prior to todays game about him being self centered in the comments he made about the team. I don't think hes self centered, just not a very mature person emotionally, and supremely sensitive. Torres needs a fire under his ass and he showed today that when hes got something to play for (personally) he will fight for his pride.

Next match is a big opportunity for him to prove something and stick it to a lot of critics. Hopefully he sees it that way and gets fired up for the mancs.

• 3 months later...

There's having a good argument, then there's being an ignorant moron. Labelling Torres 'undoubtedly hopeless' is quite simply the produce of a deeply confused mind.

Aren't you sick of making the same old tired points in every second post? I know I fucking am.

My argument is this - watch Fernando go this season. And while you're at it, have faith that he'll pull through. Class doesn't just desert a man.

Lampard cannot be benched though :wag_finger:

Lol, we will see what AVB does i guess.

In the end Justin was right! :lol:

Well i just came to gloat about that, say hi to my friend Henrique, and wish all the people that liked me some good holidays.

I'm in FBTZ.com and Rojadirecta.es under my old username. If you got an account there hit me up.

Peace!